Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    "The Secret Finding Discord has discovered".
    They did discovered nothing, let's stop pretending, the truth is like Kosumoth and like EVERY similar puzzle, they had heay clues from the devs.
    Simply look at all the tasks you need to do, NO ONE has sense, NO ONE has link to each other, exactly like the Kosumoth puzzle, please, stop pretending they hard work to find the answer when EVERY single step of the puzzle has NOTHING to do with the next, and EVERY step is 100% NON-SENSE and isn't even related to the puzzle itself.

It's remind me of a time hen i was on a private realm who organized regular events with riddles, enigmas and treasure hunting. EVERY time, it was the same 4 people who were finding the solution, hours before every other (and there was many people who participated), every time they claimed they had to work hard to find the answer.
    You want to know the truth? In fact, those 4 people were close friends of the co-organisator, and he was giving them all the answers before the event were officialy set, when the event was launched, they had just to sit and wait, then, head straight to the place were the treasure was, the only difficulty was to wait enough time so the other people didn't suspect they were cheating.

The "Secret Discord" is exactly like this: they already know the answer, because the dev told them, they didn't find anything, they just lie by pretending they work hard, in fact, they knew from the very beginning what to do and in what order.
    Someone's got their panties in a bunch....Tell us where the secrets discord touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    That's the beauty of a randomly generated maze, it can take you anywhere between 2 minutes to 2 hours depending on which rooms you get. Brute forcing it could lead you to running in circles though, in my run I ended up back at the room with purple orbs when I had been moving away from it for a long time, but once I found myself back there I was able to follow what I had mapped earlier to find my way back to the rune, at which point running around randomly might have been hard since most rooms around that rune had already been generated. That last bit is why I recommend people map it, you could at any time end up somewhere you've been before and that could help you out a lot in terms of finding your way where you want to go from there.
    Yeah, I've been hearing about people spending hours upon hours in there. It sucks. I guess I did get lucky. But thankfully in my case, I just noticed a pattern right away and used it. As of right now, one of my guildies is still in there and it's been about 45 min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for me the maze took me 3 hours until finally I got it done. Funny thing is the first 4 orbs took me just 30 mins but the last one took me over 2 hours and 30 mins haha but yeah I am glad I got it. Being with the Secret finding community in discord for over 5 days is indeed fun and privilege.

They did discovered nothing, let's stop pretending, the truth is like Kosumoth and like EVERY similar puzzle, they had heay clues from the devs.
    Simply look at all the tasks you need to do, NO ONE has sense, NO ONE has link to each other, exactly like the Kosumoth puzzle, please, stop pretending they hard work to find the answer when EVERY single step of the puzzle has NOTHING to do with the next, and EVERY step is 100% NON-SENSE and isn't even related to the puzzle itself.

It's remind me of a time hen i was on a private realm who organized regular events with riddles, enigmas and treasure hunting. EVERY time, it was the same 4 people who were finding the solution, hours before every other (and there was many people who participated), every time they claimed they had to work hard to find the answer.
    You want to know the truth? In fact, those 4 people were close friends of the co-organisator, and he was giving them all the answers before the event were officialy set, when the event was launched, they had just to sit and wait, then, head straight to the place were the treasure was, the only difficulty was to wait enough time so the other people didn't suspect they were cheating.

The "Secret Discord" is exactly like this: they already know the answer, because the dev told them, they didn't find anything, they just lie by pretending they work hard, in fact, they knew from the very beginning what to do and in what order.
    You should make an attempt at joining in next time so you can see just how incredibly wrong you are. I tagged along & brainstormed with these guys for most of this. It was a collective effort globally. The "guide" here doesn't even come close to explaining how these puzzles were solved. Over 36 hours were spent trying to figure out that stupid chair.

As someone that was on for 12 hours a day since Tuesday participating on this discord, experiencing all of the excitement, frustration, and sheer adventure, I have to say you are BEYOND wrong. This riddle quest was the most fun I've had on WoW since the last time I played seriously in 2009. Plus I have no idea what the hell you mean by 'they' when it's a PUBLIC discord open to everyone. I was a complete random. Secret Discord is referring to nothing more than a meeting place for the ENTIRE WoW community. It's not some secret club. You have absolutely no idea the HUNDREDS of different directions everyone took to solve each and every riddle, eventually narrowing possibilities now. After this experience, I now know what it's like to have participated in being one of those first people putting in the work to figure and discover stuff that'll be put into a guide that the 99% of other players will just google, copy, and complain about being 'too hard' or 'rigged'.

Jackass.
    Last edited by Charleii; 2017-09-04 at 12:12 AM.

Just download the addon, and do not see the squares as logical rooms, take them as steps, that's why they have numbers. If you find something you can go back following the very same steps and you will always find what you marked.

Let's say that on step 29 you found the red rune table, and on the step 54 you found the red orb, just go back following the same step order until you reach 29 again and that's it, go with the next orb.

Notes:
    1. If you move to a room and you see rocks behind you, you got teleported and you must reset the map.
    2. Yes, even if you found let's say a purple orb on step 19, you could still find the same purple orb on step 75, even if it's a different square. But you could go back to step 19 and still find it there. Remember it does not follow logical directions we are just talking about step numbers.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2017-09-04 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Did you run the script from the front page to see the completed steps? Maybe you were looking in the wrong spot in the crypts?
    Warlocks got screwed one more time...

Being on the hidden Affliction Artifact skin quest phases you out.

As soon as i abandoned the quest i saw the chest with the mount...

F**K YOU blizz...

Asshole. Some people were going 70+ hours no sleep purely for the sake of helping people get a mount. PEOPLE ENJOY DOIG PUZZLES. Why do you think Sudoku and escape rooms are so popular.

well damn, my maze sucked. If I had to do it again I would advise to fully map it before stomping runes and taking away landmarks.

When you do the maze don't remove any runes until you have all the torches and runes mapped and their relation to each other, will prob save you an hour or two.

There's no chance in Hades that I random group of people came up with this "solution." Also, to be frank, this nonsense has no place in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre Smash View Post
    There's no chance in Hades that I random group of people came up with this "solution." Also, to be frank, this nonsense has no place in the game.
    Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it doesn't belong in the game. It exists for like 3 of the hundreds of obtainable mounts.

It's nice to see some variety on how to obtain mounts imo.

So tell me how does this 1 mount out of the hundreds of other obtainable ones being gated behind a puzzle affect you?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-04 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This game has no place for games". Yeah, uh-huh.

Why and why?
    How does its existence affect you?

lol

Speak for yourself. Figuring out the maze was very rewarding, almost up there with beating the guardian druid mage tower challenge (though not nearly as time-consuming). I wish there was more stuff like this in the game, but I can appreciate that it probably takes a good deal of time to develop for something people are going to do a grand total of once.

Don't waste your time drawing anything. The less you draw, the more you can run. Completed it in an hour and a half.

...really, MMO-Champion, i know you got to pay your bills and all, but you could really tone down on ruining riddles like this for everyone involved by blurting it out of your **** mouth as soon as you catch a whiff of it existing. That already led to the Auctionhouse-garbagepersons gathering to sell spidersilk for 20 to 30k each.

Stupid question but can I buy the Shadoweave mask straight away or should I do it when I get to that part?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    ...really, MMO-Champion, i know you got to pay your bills and all, but you could really tone down on ruining riddles like this for everyone involved by blurting it out of your **** mouth as soon as you catch a whiff of it existing. That already led to the Auctionhouse-garbagepersons gathering to sell spidersilk for 20 to 30k each.
    Masks are like 5k on my server. Not exactly breaking the bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Stupid question but can I buy the Shadoweave mask straight away or should I do it when I get to that part?

- - - Updated - - -

Masks are like 5k on my server. Not exactly breaking the bank.
    Buy it whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Buy it whenever.
    Cheers. Gonna give it a go tomorrow. It all looks easy except the maze thing.