Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would try to help and try to get a safe community going, but I would have a zero tolerance for people that put others in danger or committed crimes within it.

Basically Criminals would be thrown to the zombies on site.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I would try to help and try to get a safe community going, but I would have a zero tolerance for people that put others in danger or committed crimes within it.

Basically Criminals would be thrown to the zombies on site.
    okay governor
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Few people actively believes themselves to be evil, even if it may be construed as such from their actions when viewed from the outside. It's a bit of an abstract concept to "be evil".

Truth is, people are capable of far more gruesome things than they'd like to believe when backed into a corner, and their own survival is at stake. It would descend into hostile tribalism quite fast.

believe me if that happned the zombies will be our least problem
    the real problems will be illness and the evil strong will eat the weak in other words our biggest problems will be evil humans
    it will be hard to create security and government over again so hope the gov survive

Humans are more like baboons than wolves. Our fighting for dominance and resources, which was projected by a human onto unrelated wolves in captivity fighting over finite resources, means that an apocalyptic event would render Earth a planet inhabitated by intelligent baboons grouping up, fighting and being general asshats to strangers over resources and power. It wouldn't somehow result in peaceful families only hunting what they need, sticking to set territories and respecting boundaries. Add zombies, and we'd probably end up with something that not even the authors of TWD could conjure up...

There are a few cultures, small ones, where everyone shares, there's no depression, everyone helps and gets equality... But the humans having the modern world crumble around them from the Zombie Apocalypse would just scream "DIRTY COMMUNISM!!" and set about fighting.

I think most people are just human beings. Just look at what humans do to one-another in this day and age, over anything from a mobile phone to beliefs...Even in countries where being poor still means being able to live comfortably, there's criminality.

Humans react on instinct more then most would want to admit and one of the most basic instincts is self preservation so humans will be so called good when it furthers their self preservation and bad when it does the same

There is a tipping point. As soon as the structure fails and food/resources become scarce things will get #savage

Things would get grim for sure, we've seen people starting to loot after lesser incidents (city being cut from electricity, natural disasters), but I doubt people would go full retard like in The Walking Dead. Not that fast at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Good/bad is irrelevant, survival is all that matters.
    You can't have a function society without those two things though.

I think the start would be chaos but we'd go back to being peaceful in the end once all the tainted meat was cut out.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-09-04 at 01:48 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think they're good or bad. People will do what they must to ensure survival.
    Most likely this will result in a society being formed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most of us are familiar with The Walking Dead. Say you found yourself in such a scenario, do you believe most people would cooperate and help each other or do you think it would be every man for themselves?

Do you think most would resort to banditry or would most be eager to form law abiding communities?
    I think we would have banditry with communities with various laws forming a tribalistic mentality whose morality will vary in the structure, and have various members with different morals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Not really that simple though. Which crimes would warrant an essential death penalty? Any crime?
    Anything that harms or puts people in danger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    okay governor
    Pretty much, minus the purposeful murder/stealing and killing of anyone outside the community.

When it's life or death, people will do anything to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Were I live drinking water would quickly become an issue for many. As a result of that I imagine many would fight to the death to acquire or defend it. If the world went to hell I would like things to bounce back quickly and in a good way. In the short term I would be much more concerned about my family and friends safety first. If things went off the rails like it would with a zombie outbreak or any large over taking it would get really bad before things started to bounce back. Honestly I don't think I would see it in my lifetime.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    I fucking miss Houston. People in the Northwest are so rude or indifferent to strangers. I know more about random people that I rode on the bus with in Houston than I do people that I work with everyday.
    It's called southern hospitality for a reason. We will welcome you back with open arms today!

OT...
    Good and Bad is a matter of perspective.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-09-04 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Anything that harms or puts people in danger.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, minus the purposeful murder/stealing and killing of anyone outside the community.
    murdering and stealing will look to be quite good when supplies start to dwindle, and people get sick and starve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    murdering and stealing will look to be quite good when supplies start to dwindle, and people get sick and starve.
    Having a working community generally opens things like agriculture and farming up. Scavenging with a competent group of people would also help.

I myself would probably travel to Cragside, Northumberland. Lots of farms nearby the estate and it can produce hydroelectricity if needed as a renewable energy source. Could grow your own crops /Livestock with the massive gardens. Could also fish, Landscape looks easy enough to defend and build walls around. Great place as any for a community of people willing to band together.

All this kinda reminds me of is the old Bill Burr comedy sketch where he was talking about how saving up all the supplies, without the ability to protect it would just mean you were just saving up stuff for the biggest guy on the block.

Predict lots of people making factions with most of them trying to help out of self interest only to have a bunch of people fuck it up trying to just get over on everyone to the point no one trusts anyone.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    Your questions don't really line up with "Good or Bad." People are going to form packs and those packs are going to fight over resources.
    This. The moment people I care for are endanger not a single person will stand in my way to protect them. This isn't me being brave, this is simply survival and every single one of us will do so...and those who don't are the first to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    You can't have a function society without those two things though.

I think the start would be chaos but we'd go back to being peaceful in the end once all the tainted meat was cut out.
    As soon as you have sight on a safe future, peace will return as it peace is just more productive. Peace as in among civilians.