Poll: Do you plan to buy an EV in the next 5 years?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    There are leaders in life and followers. Everyone thinks they're a leader. Even the guy with the beamer.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    Lemme drop the jokes.

I work in the car industry. All stats are either highly tuned or achieved in highly controlled environments. They straight out lie in regards to mileage, co2, durability.... everything is about 3x worse than announced.

So far all electric cars in Germany have underperformed especially in regards to mileage

See what I mean about comments from the eco-warriors peanut gallery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Tesla with decent features is much closer to 50K.
    At $35k the Tesla has a 200 mile range. What features you get for an extra $15k that the Nissan already has for $30k?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Lemme drop the jokes.

I work in the car industry. All stats are either highly tuned or achieved in highly controlled environments. They straight out lie in regards to mileage, co2, durability.... everything is about 3x worse than announced.

So far all electric cars in Germany have underperformed especially in regards to mileage
    Oh you want to be serious now? That means you have to post your sources. Your claims seem exaggerated and you've offered nothing but your own anecdotal evidence to back them up. And you've even called people naive for not listening to you. If you start a sentence with "probably" followed by an assertion of your beliefs don't pretend like you're stating a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Oh you want to be serious now? That means you have to post your sources. Your claims seem exaggerated and you've offered nothing but your own anecdotal evidence to back them up. And you've even called people naive for not listening to you. If you start a sentence with "probably" followed by an assertion of your beliefs don't pretend like you're stating a fact.
    What do you want me to post, holy shit? Check the written mileage for your car and then go and test it yourself. A bunch of car manufacturers are in deep shit now due to the recent CO2 frauds because none of them can achieve even their own publicized values.

This is as common knowledge as is the fact you need air to breathe.

Have you been living behind the moon? Do you even own a Car? Are you older than 12?

Here, some basic read ups

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...icial-mpg.html

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/reic...-t5681481.html

The first for normal cars and why mileage is always a lie.

The 2nd is a discussion between German Tesla owners. If you drive a Tesla , who has the best mileage afaik, at 200kmh and more, your mileage drops to less than 200km.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-09-08 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until the ranges break into the 400~ range with reasonable fast charge I won't be looking to get one. Doesn't mean I'm going to go and get a big gas guzzler either. Also lol @ the poll. More people to add to the retard brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Fools are those that make statements like the one I bolded. Geez, how tiny a dick does it require to think like this?? The amount of completely idiotic focus on looks here is appalling to say the least. I actually think they look quite okay, and other concerns far outweigh the mere looks anyways. This backwards redneck thinking that a car needs to be big, mean looking and have a lion's roar and could carry 1000 sixpacks is more despicable than I'm able to formulate in a forum-friendly way. Also the total lack of openness to adapt some habits to a different tech is ... troublesome. A world that acts THIS way doesn't deserve to be saved from impending ecological doom.
    LOL you prove my earlier point AGAIN. The only insult people have against those who have nice vehicles is small penis!!!!! Lets pretend for a minute that I, and others with nice cars/trucks did have tiny, micro penis. Doesn't it go against your liberal views to make fun of people for something they were born with? I mean by your logic we can just make fun of people for being black or gay, or being in a wheel chair, right? Total liberal hypocrite as usual. My dick has gotten no complaints, and I can assure you even if I had some massive elephant trunk penis that I had to fold up and tie against my leg while wearing shorts, I'd still enjoy going fast in style... why wouldn't I?

In addition, I said nothing about the tech. I commented on the horrible looks, small size, and pathetic power of the Leaf, Prius, etc. The battery powered/hybrid shoe boxes on wheels. I would take a Tesla Model S. 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds, looks pretty good, comfortable and decent size. I just hate small, ugly, slow, pathetic little cars that people with your views try to push on the rest of us. Again, if you want to drive that shit, go ahead. But stay in the right lane, (slow lane in the USA) and park on the damn shoulder of the highway on ramp until all the real cars have gone by, then you can crawl onto the highway at a snails pace without effecting others.

Lastly, my comment stands. Why would you get a Leaf for over 30k when you can get a used car for 10-20k that is superior in EVERY way except gas costs, and just use the huge amount of money you saved on the gas? Electric cars might be worth it in 10 years when charge stations are everywhere, and faster, and good looking, fast, big electric cars are cheaper.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-09-08 at 06:19 PM.

What do you want me to post, holy shit? Check the written mileage for your car and then go and test it yourself. A bunch of car manufacturers are in deep shit now due to the recent CO2 frauds because none of them can achieve even their own publicized values.

Have you been living behind the moon? Do you even own a Car? Are you older than 12?

The 2nd is a discussion between German Tesla owners. If you drive a Tesla , who has the best mileage afaik, at 200kmh and more, your mileage drops to less than 200km.
    I have 2 cars, a 2012 Ford Escape AWD 2.5L inline 4 cylinder, and a 2017 Kia Forte FWD 2.0L inline 4 cylinder.

Escape MPG is stated as 28 hwy/21 city. My wife drives it as her primary, about a 50 mile commute one way, 25 the other way (she drops our kids at daycare, I pick them up). Her commute is split between highway and city driving. She idles for at least 30 minutes on a daily basis when she eats lunch in the car. The dash reports an average of 22MPG.

Forte MPG is stated as 38 hwy/29 city. I drive it as my primary, about a 15 mile commute one way, 40 the other way (see above). My commute is 100% highway. I eat lunch at my desk, and do not idle. The dash reports an average of 36 MPG. If I make a concerted effort to drive efficiently, I have seen the dash report ratings as high as 42 MPG.

In both cases, the cars are performing well within acceptable variance of the stated numbers.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2017-09-08 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I have 2 cars, a 2012 Ford Escape AWD 2.5L inline 4 cylinder, and a 2017 Kia Forte FWD 2.0L inline 4 cylinder.

Escape MPG is stated as 28 hwy/21 city. My wife drives it as her primary, about a 50 mile commute one way, 25 the other way (she drops our kids at daycare, I pick them up). Her commute is split between highway and city driving. She idles for at least 30 minutes on a daily basis when she eats lunch in the car. The dash reports an average of 22MPG.

Forte MPG is stated as 38 hwy/29 city. I drive it as my primary, about a 15 mile commute one way, 40 the other way (see above). My commute is 100% highway. I eat lunch at my desk, and do not idle. The dash reports an average of 36 MPG. If I make a concerted effort to drive efficiently, I have seen the dash report ratings as high as 42 MPG.

In both cases, the cars are performing well within acceptable variance of the stated numbers.
    Dash isn't accurate enough. Test it by filling up your car to max and then start a route to another far away gas station for which you know exactly how far away it is. Fill it up again and calculate your real usage .

My dash shows me 8.2L but in real it's closer to 13L for the city... stated is 9.4

Ranges are not good enough yet, and using solar to charge the car is too expensive. Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Dash isn't accurate enough. Test it by filling up your car to max and then start a route to another far away gas station for which you know exactly how far away it is. Fill it up again and calculate your real usage .

My dash shows me 8.2L but in real it's closer to 13L for the city... stated is 9.4
    I could see that for the Escape, but the Kia...I have a hard time believeing that. Everytime I fill up it resets the counter to zero, and I can see it constantly recalculating to the 0.1 MPG as I drive. If I get up to say 70mph at the crest of a hill on the highway, and I coast all the way down, my MPG on the dash skyrockets (as I am essentially idling at 70mph). It then very quickly corrects itself when the road levels off and I need to hit the gas again.

I will test the gas station theory though, there is one right next to my work, and one right next to my kids' daycare. About 40 miles. By the stated MPG, it should take just over a gallon of fuel when I get to the second gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I could see that for the Escape, but the Kia...I have a hard time believeing that. Everytime I fill up it resets the counter to zero, and I can see it constantly recalculating to the 0.1 MPG as I drive. If I get up to say 70mph at the crest of a hill on the highway, and I coast all the way down, my MPG on the dash skyrockets (as I am essentially idling at 70mph). It then very quickly corrects itself when the road levels off and I need to hit the gas again.

I will test the gas station theory though, there is one right next to my work, and one right next to my kids' daycare. About 40 miles. By the stated MPG, it should take just over a gallon of fuel when I get to the second gas station.
    Lemme know. If you're right the Kia has a very decent system. Kudos to them.

BMW is a lying piece and VW is too.

It's just that I don't care about the usage, only mileage is important to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    At $35k the Tesla has a 200 mile range. What features you get for an extra $15k that the Nissan already has for $30k?
    Almost nobody is buying the 35K version.

Well, what else could there be? A vehicle's worth is defined by its ability to move you from A to B. What it looks like and what it sounds like are luxury considerations, most often made by people that are less fortunate on other (percieved as) important ends. Which for the majority of men means: Length/Girth of your premium member.

First off: I'm not an US citizen and my definition of "liberal" is profoundly different from yours. Where I'm from "liberal" is most often attributed towards the conservative spectrum. However: I don't place myself anywhere on the traditional policital spectra, as I pretty much am equally passionate about things both sides claim for themselves. See me as someone residing in political nomansland, please.
    Secondly: Hell yeah! If you have a tiny dick AND don't own up to it, I damn well WILL make fun of it!

Sure, if any of those were a safe path to making any male as insecure as they can possibly be. Otherwise your'e just being cheap and putting words into my mouth. But what asshat would do that and still consider himself to be a respectable being??

See above.

1) You probably had the luck of meeting with very polite or inexperienced girls, or be just about at the lower end of "I probably don't need to complain JUST YET".
    2) Going fast appears to be your life's motto here, LOL!

Soooo, the same things you would complain secretly about your penis then?

Which basically marks you down as a supercar nerd that lives off of the power of things you own, not the (lack of) power you personally exert. Noted.

Ah, you mean the cars that are environmetally infinitely more sound, still very sufficient for like 99.999% of all people, and just look like pretty much any other small efficient car in the world? Yeah, that's the ones.

I'll drive my shit before I make it my modus operandi, thank you very much.

You didn't really read up on the amount of torque electrical motors put out, especially in the low rpm segment, did you? Yeah, why read. It's for the (big dicked) weak "liberals" anyways.

Because of that very last recurring costs, and the infinite cool-factor of being progressive in a world where medieval minds like yours still make up too much of our genetic material.

10-20k isn't exactly a "huge amount", and I consider money spent on furthering us as a species away from people like you to be money VERY well spent.

Fast, cheap, good looking. BOY you must be young. Or at least have impeded development. I can't wait for us (as in humanity in general) to outlive mindsets like yours, as they're entirely expendable.
    You are indeed a liberal and a fool. Please walk up to Floyd Mayweather and tell him about how tiny his penis is because of all the super cars he owns... I bet that conversation will go well. But I mean yeah, everyone with a nice car has a small penis... lol.

I know exactly how electric motors generate instant torque. Thats why I like a real electric car, like the Tesla S. The Leaf sucks. It has a very weak electric motor. I'm sure I have read a lot more about it than you have.

Sorry but mind sets like mine aren't going anywhere, as can be seen by how well Dodge cars with huge engines are now selling in the USA and Canada. Merc/BMW/Audi just keeps increasing engine power every few years.... so I'm pretty sure a few Europeans enjoy gas engines too.

As much as you like being a liberal ( You can try to call yourself anything you like, you are indeed, a liberal) I enjoy pissing people like you off by having a huge gas guzzling engine in my vehicles. I love the power, and pissing off sissy little environmental tree hugging creeps like you off is just the delicious icing on the cake. I am 37 years old, and I make a very comfortable living, enough to buy powerful gas guzzling cars and have plenty left over for steaks, I'm sure my lack of tofu eating upsets you as well.

Deleted
    The UK was handing out subsidies for worse cars than these. They should have just given me the subsidy to run a small lpg car instead.

Looks like trash like most of these type of cars. Honestly 30k for some ugly car to "save the environment"?

Well, what else could there be? A vehicle's worth is defined by its ability to move you from A to B. What it looks like and what it sounds like are luxury considerations, most often made by people that are less fortunate on other (percieved as) important ends. Which for the majority of men means: Length/Girth of your premium member.

First off: I'm not an US citizen and my definition of "liberal" is profoundly different from yours. Where I'm from "liberal" is most often attributed towards the conservative spectrum. However: I don't place myself anywhere on the traditional policital spectra, as I pretty much am equally passionate about things both sides claim for themselves. See me as someone residing in political nomansland, please.
    Secondly: Hell yeah! If you have a tiny dick AND don't own up to it, I damn well WILL make fun of it!
    Yeah because it's so much better to look at your washer machine and be like "I wish my car was more like that". People who typically drive those type of cars are typically people who have no interest in driving which is why they make negative remarks to people who actually drive nice cars. Which translates to them being bad drivers which is why Prius drivers have a bad rep.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2017-09-09 at 04:57 AM.

One of those sites is in German. I don't speak German. And the other is a news article. What little information I was able to get from it suggested that the difference in mileage was anywhere from 8 to 25%. This is a far cry from a difference of 47 to 75% that you suggested in your posts. Range for any car will vary depending on the conditions. But what you're suggesting is complete hyperbole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Looks like they ripped off the Chevy Bolt, another electric car.
    There is only so much you can change to a car...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So 40 more miles for 5K? Dealbreaker for many.

I always love the people calling these ugly. Well guess what every mass market car today looks like the same dildo just like every smartphone is a boring slab of glass.

It's not like we're in the 70's or earlier when cars actually had style and were unique from one another.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-09-10 at 08:59 PM.