Page 1 of 83
... LastLast

Justice Dept. sides with baker who refused to make wedding cake for gay couple

That shit SJWs used to dogpile up on small business owners for not representing them will be shot down by the Supreme Court.

https://archive.fo/tBOF8

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the head of the DOJ is a Trump appointed Neo Nazi White Supremacist, yeah shocking.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    This should have been expected, but it's a good ruling nonetheless.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity but why wouldn't he be allowed to? Because it hurts people's feelings or are there legit legal ramifications for refusing his services?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sk00ps View Post
    That shit SJWs used to dogpile up on small business owners for not representing them will be shot down by the Supreme Court.

https://archive.fo/tBOF8
    expected when you appoint a neo nazi as the AG. really it is like acting shocked that nazis are nazis. If anything it has proven that our freedom and democracy is very fragile in this country

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Pretty much. The ruling was to be expected - and it's also a good/the right one.

Deleted
    Was that the same guy that made a cake for two dogs?

I find the double standards of SJWs to be hilarious.

It should be up to the individual business to decide whom they wish to serve. Let them refuse service, and use your freedom of speech to point out that the business is run by homophobic asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Just out of curiosity but why wouldn't he be allowed to? Because it hurts people's feelings or are there legit legal ramifications for refusing his services?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Pretty much. The ruling was to be expected - and it's also a good/the right one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I find the double standards of SJWs to be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It should be up to the individual business to decide whom they wish to serve. Let them refuse service, and use your freedom of speech to point out that the business is run by homophobic asshats.
    Do you guys honestly feel a business has the right to refuse service based solely on sex? If yes, how do you feel about businesses who refuse service based on race?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Do you guys honestly feel a business has the right to refuse service based solely on sex? If yes, how do you feel about businesses who refuse service based on race?
    A private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone they please, for whatever reason.

Good. I think refusing to make a cake for a gay couple is stupid and petty, but no one should be legally obligated to make one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    expected when you appoint a neo nazi as the AG. really it is like acting shocked that nazis are nazis. If anything it has proven that our freedom and democracy is very fragile in this country
    What's this got to do with nazis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah like black people to the back of the bus right?

- - - Updated - - -

A private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone they please, for whatever reason.
    Yeah, and I am now very clear as to why you hold the beliefs you do.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

100% agree.

A business should have the right to refuse service to anyone.

The people who have there service refused (The gay couple in this case) have the right to plaster the story everywhere in the hope that business loses business.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think a business should be able to refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think a business should be able to refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they want.
    Am I being trolled or do you guys actually disagree with the civil rights movement?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_sit-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It's the business choice if they decide. The market will bite them in the ass if they do that, however. Since the goal of a business is to make cash I don't know why you'd refuse to serve anyone based on sex, age, ethnicity, etc.
    Because people care about their religion I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

It's their business, they are in no way obligated to do what a customer asks...

Good. No bakery, or any small business for that matter, should be forced to cater to people/do things that goes against their ethics/religion. This idea that refusing to make a cake for someone whose lifestyle you don't agree with is akin to murder or rape or some heinous crime is utterly fucking ridiculous and should be stamped out.

it's no different than going to a mosque and expecting them to serve you bacon and alcohol and then crying foul when they refuse - utterly fucking ridiculous
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.