Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'm talking about dungeon grinding for leveling.
    What lol, that completely comes down to personal preference and xp given by dungeons, which was low in MoP, and very low in WoD.

I'm suprised someone would enjoy the WoD dungeons more than Legions though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sentry Totem jumping down cliffs

Fo' srs though:

Seeing a new boss and realising this is the strongest and weakest the boss will ever be - no Very Easy, Easy, Average and Hard difficulties on the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Vanilla & TBC:
    - Immersion
    - Prestige
    - Sense of Accomplishment in all aspects of the game
    - Community
    - Attunements (could have been really good if it was tweaked a little bit instead of being removed entirely)
    - Bringing any amount of players to a dungeon was better than multiple difficulties imo.
    I miss the PvP zone stuff from Outland. Fighting for halaa was some next level shit.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Class/spec specific buffs/debuffs.
    So much uniqueness have been removed from each class/spec because of Blizzards 'bring who ever' system for raids.

Example in TBC, Survival Hunters had a debuff that increased AP for attackers I think, that was based on their agility. So one would stack agility as much as possible.
    Naturally it would ruined your own damage a bit, but it would increase the raids damage. Miss stuff like that, that made the spec unique.

Fun Things Lost From Previous Expansions :

- Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    good class design
    player base who isnt tired of the game but has decided to stick around and act like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    In that case, it's still no legitimate reason... They removed it because they were too lazy to fix it.
    they removed it because they wanted to. imagine that, the people who make the game decided to do something they wanted to do. how dare they.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Class quests while leveling ... it is weird not having that to me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't think you understand the meaning of hybrid talent trees. HARP rogue is the definition of Hybrid.
    Rogues were never hybrids. Hybrid talent trees mean that the different trees are for different roles, like healing/tanking/dps trees. You definitly weren't suitable for tanking role neither in pvp nor in pve as a rogue just because you were stacking stamina on your character. Maybe you were a bit tankier than other rogues, but it's still far from being a hybrid.

• shockadin
    • paladin without holy power
    • able to play dps or tank in all 3 speccs as dk
    • old unholy specc
    • gladiator specc
    • class quests (before they got reworked)
    • hybrid talent tree*
    • badge system from wotlk
    • dark apothesis (or what its name was) glyph for warlocks
    • no quest gating
    • isle of quel'danas (pvp)
    • barrens pvp
    • hellfire peninsula pvp
    • t3 sets
    • cm gear and weapon (had to play less during these 2 expansions, so had no time for doing them)
    • pre wotlk event
    • reforging
    • defias set
    • old scarlet dungeons
    • not getting legendaries through dailies
    • stuff I forgot

in that order

*I know it was not perfect for raiding but for dailies and lvling it was cool to have some exotic speccs

How dumb of me, i just realized what i missed the absolute most: The old survival hunter. There's nothing I enjoyed more

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    As opposed to mashing one button in vanilla?
    Didn't raid in Vanilla, I liked Wrath's rotation the most. Wrath rotation for Demo-lock was insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    good class design
    yup the main reason i quit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't think you understand the meaning of hybrid talent trees. HARP rogue is the definition of Hybrid.
    Rogues tanking was a thing back in TBC but people also don't remember that.

Good class design, decent gearing system.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Warlocks

/10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Good class design, decent gearing system.
    this. Warlocks got destroyed gameplay-wise. Affliction is an induction to suicide

Also, fucking tired of praying to rng god over and over again to get a good ilvl item with good stats. I miss the old days when you had a specific objective/something to kill to get the equipment you wanted. Doing anything just because and hopping I happen to get an item I want is a disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Not having flying at all, personally.
    Question. Flight has been a part of the game longer than most people have played it, if you thought the game was better without flight why have you stuck around for so long?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Finding ways to get past invisible walls and explore where the game wasn't meant to be explored. Kinda possible in certain spots on Argus, but not really anymore.

Chillwind pvp in vanilla. I barely got into it, but my friends took me along sometimes and it was a blast.

Kiting silly mobs to org. I never did bosses, but I enjoyed bringing dinosaurs from ungoro to Org for funsies.

I've probs got a million but those three are ones that come up at first thought.
    All of this. The first part especially. Before we could fly it was a blast trying ot get to places you clearl weren't supposed to be. I loved always trying to get as close to Hyjal as possible. Going across the bridge in Winterspring through Darkwhisper Gorge and finding the cave entrance. I loved seeing all the barrier they put in place over the years to keep the increasingly crafty people out. Got to the point where they just made the whole zone no mans land and you got insta ported out if you got too close.

That was only a single zone too. There were so many more like the Tauren village off the southern coast of Silithus and the sunken gnome town by Tanaris. And even though you couldn't get there by any real means I loved the idea that GM island was out there. It still is I am sure but the majesty of it is gone now lol.

I guess I just miss the world exploration so much. The pre Cataclysm world was something really special.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP destruction lock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    player base who isnt tired of the game but has decided to stick around and act like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

they removed it because they wanted to. imagine that, the people who make the game decided to do something they wanted to do. how dare they.
    If they had a reason they felt like it was a detriment to the game, they should have shared it, "because we felt like it" is not a reason, it's a reaction to the reason, WHY did you feel like it, THAT is a reason.

In absence of reason we have the unreasonable, and most people don't like unreasonable.

They even took Sense Evil (Demons/Undead) away from Paladins, in an expansion ABOUT DEMONS, no reason given, just took it away from us.

In the name of improving class fantasy, they make our fantasy worse, that is Legion in a nutshell for just about every class. Pruning is bad when the pruned thing has no reason to be pruned, and has reason (fantasy) to stay... Everything they have pruned so far has had no reason to be removed, and only made class fantasy worse.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-11 at 05:01 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If they had a reason they felt like it was a detriment to the game, they should have shared it, "because we felt like it" is not a reason, it's a reaction to the reason, WHY did you feel like it, THAT is a reason.

In absence of reason we have the unreasonable, and most people don't like unreasonable.

They even took Sense Evil (Demons/Undead) away from Paladins, in an expansion ABOUT DEMONS, no reason given, just took it away from us.

In the name of improving class fantasy, they make our fantasy worse, that is Legion in a nutshell for just about every class. Pruning is bad when the pruned thing has no reason to be pruned, and has reason (fantasy) to stay... Everything they have pruned so far has had no reason to be removed, and only made class fantasy worse.
    +1

Class fantasy went to the shitter. Now we have only 5 spells per spec
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.