Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prohibited Items from Blizzcon 2017 - You may not bring these things.

PROHIBITED ITEMS Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):

Electronics: desktop computers, laptops, storage devices, professional video or audio recording equipment, action sports cameras (e.g. GoPro), selfie sticks, drones

Food: Alcohol, outside food and beverages (except water in plastic bottles), glass bottles, cans

Weapons: firearms, fireworks, flammable liquids or aerosol products, knives, daggers, swords, clubs, maces, other crushing or edged weapons, projectiles, air guns, long bows, crossbows

Miscellaneous: large containers, large bags (exceeding 20” x 10”), strollers, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters (except for people with disabilities), pets (except service animals)

**Any attendee found to have violated the prohibited items list may be removed from BlizzCon.**

Acceptable costume weapon props are limited to air-filled or soft plastic melee weapons (swords, daggers, maces, clubs, etc.) and wooden staves that are not shod with metal.

Tablets (such as iPads) and video cameras are permitted for use in the BlizzCon exhibit halls. However, you may not record gameplay from any of the screens (with the exception of tournament gameplay), and recording the BlizzCon closing ceremony on Saturday evening is strictly prohibited.

Personal equipment may not be connected to any computer for any reason at any time.

English (US)

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info/attendees/rules

I figured with this years Blizzcon about to get under way, it wouldn't hurt to go over the rules. In any event, good information to know and pretty damn interesting.

Anyways anybody here ever been to Blizzcon, and what was your experience?

If you haven't been to Blizzcon do you ever plan to go?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want to go but I can't realy justify traveling over 2000 km for just a convention.
    Most of the bans seem legit cause I can see someone trying to pilot a drone in a crowded hall for shits and gigles

10+ Year Old Account
    That you have to be told to not bring any sort of weapon to a convention is well, uhm interesting.

Them preventing to take recording devices, i guess they really want to keep those technical panels for those who go there. What is a shame since it's about the only interesting thing there the rest is just blind fan service and a horde of people cheering on every random thing.

So no youtubers will be doing any videos from there then..

As for preventing them recording anything... sounds like they'll be announcing something that shouldn't be leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

PROHIBITED ITEMS Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):

Electronics: desktop computers, laptops, storage devices, professional video or audio recording equipment, action sports cameras (e.g. GoPro), selfie sticks, drones

Food: Alcohol, outside food and beverages (except water in plastic bottles), glass bottles, cans

Weapons: firearms, fireworks, flammable liquids or aerosol products, knives, daggers, swords, clubs, maces, other crushing or edged weapons, projectiles, air guns, long bows, crossbows

Miscellaneous: large containers, large bags (exceeding 20” x 10”), strollers, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters (except for people with disabilities), pets (except service animals)

**Any attendee found to have violated the prohibited items list may be removed from BlizzCon.**

Acceptable costume weapon props are limited to air-filled or soft plastic melee weapons (swords, daggers, maces, clubs, etc.) and wooden staves that are not shod with metal.

Tablets (such as iPads) and video cameras are permitted for use in the BlizzCon exhibit halls. However, you may not record gameplay from any of the screens (with the exception of tournament gameplay), and recording the BlizzCon closing ceremony on Saturday evening is strictly prohibited.

Personal equipment may not be connected to any computer for any reason at any time.

English (US)

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info/attendees/rules

I figured with this years Blizzcon about to get under way, it wouldn't hurt to go over the rules. In any event, good information to know and pretty damn interesting.

Anyways anybody here ever been to Blizzcon, and what was your experience?

If you haven't been to Blizzcon do you ever plan to go?
    This is pretty typical of every Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I am guessing no streaming devices so that it is strictly available through Blizzcon's official streaming website?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah crushing, edged weapons or long bows kind of cracked me up. I'd pay real money to find out the reason they felt to spell this out.

Blizzards it's not that kind of party break down.

Short bows are allowed, yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's my working in security that makes me find this amusing. The filming and camera stuff makes sense, but what is it one might think bringing a short bow or crossbow at Blizzcon is going to be required?

It's pretty obvious that people have attempted to bring actual crossbows as part of a costume in the past and Blizzard decided that allowing even an antique weapon into a crowded convention hall isn't a good idea.

You can calm down with being over-astounded, now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not being allowed to bring my fully autonomous combat drone with rotating razorblades is infringing on my freedoms. Ticket: CANCELLED!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

7+ Year Old Account
    I always found it kinda ridiculously scummy when they prohibit you from bringing your own food.

Yes, i can understand wanting to push sales of your own food stalls, but for people who have particular allergies, especially to common ingredients (like myself and garlic), this effectively tells people to either starve or leave the premises if you want to eat.

Laptops are prohibited, but tablets are not...

What about 2 in 1 devices like Surface Pro? It has tablet form factor but full PC functionality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Laptops are prohibited, but tablets are not...

What about 2 in 1 devices like Surface Pro? It has tablet form factor but full PC functionality.
    i'm guessing their rule of thumb is how usable it is while standing/walking. using a laptop in a crowded area without a surface to put it on is asking for problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I always found it kinda ridiculously scummy when they prohibit you from bringing your own food.

Yes, i can understand wanting to push sales of your own food stalls, but for people who have particular allergies, especially to common ingredients (like myself and garlic), this effectively tells people to either starve or leave the premises if you want to eat.
    they got exceptions listed for various things, so im sure if you contact them ahead of time you can get stuff like injection needles and special food and what not in.

Blizzcon is such a weird thing. People are actually paying Blizzard in order to see Blizzards own commercials.
    Why would you pay to see commercials? It's beyond stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So I can't take my drone-mounted AK-47? Stupid rules...

10+ Year Old Account
    COC: Addendum; Blizzcon offers lavatories for everyone, please use them. Finding unattended pockets where nobody is looking to leave your deposit is unacceptable.

Deleted
    would love to go, but the cost of the trip from EU and everything else is a bit prohibitive at this point in time for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I guess it's my working in security that makes me find this amusing. The filming and camera stuff makes sense, but what is it one might think bringing a short bow or crossbow at Blizzcon is going to be required?
    You realize that this is a convention cosplayers go to? With most of the games being fantasy-oriented it isn't such a stretch that some crazy-person would come armed with an actual weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You realize that this is a convention cosplayers go to? With most of the games being fantasy-oriented it isn't such a stretch that some crazy-person would come armed with an actual weapon.
    Yes you would bring a prop correct not a fully functional weapon like a crossbow or firearm right?