Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I don't get it either, all Marvel tv series are garbage without exception so I don't see why they cherry pick out Iron Fist.
    le everything sucks le edgy contrarian opinion parents are stupid they just dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Once the controversy got started up that Danny was white, the show was doomed. Some very loud people got mad and determined that the show was going to suck because of the casting. So then other people jumping on the bandwagon also pre determined the show was going to suck. So just regular viewers suddenly hear the show sucks, so they finally watch it with a eye for how bad its going to suck and surprise they find reasons it sucks.
    Actually, no, not true at all. Many of us WANTED Danny to be white, cause he's a white character. We determined that the show sucks cause it sucks, the "controversy" didn't matter ONE FUCKING BIT to the vast majority of people saying it sucks. Quit making stupid shit up please.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

IMO, the biggest problem with IronFist is that it seems WAY too early in the characters development.

1) Danny seems to intentionally be a pretty unlikeable character. He's naive, obnoxious, spoilt, hot-headed and basically an ass. He seems like a very young guy with a lot of power and way too much self-assurance.

2) His fighting skills suck pretty hard. Even people he fought commented on how bad he was. I had the feeling throughout that the Dragon only chose him in the first place as it knew he'd eventually take the "iron fist" back to New York with him, and find the Hand.

Both of these can work as great characteristics as part of a larger group of personalities, but on his own it's just grating. I actually enjoyed a lot of his supporting cast but he spent little time with anyone but Colleen and, after a promising start, she just became a doting fangirl.

I REALLY think that we need a "Heroes for Hire" season, instead of S2 of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Together they can help even out the weaknesses in eachothers shows. (and no more Hand please, ffs)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2017-09-04 at 10:51 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    New Thor Ragnarok footage:

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...75195919122432

Honestly, in the Twitter clip Hulk fights so slow, as if they are faking the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel off put by Rodriguez as Valkyrie...I love her but she seems way too small. She is the right build for the role but the height is gonna take some getting used to xD

Still any excuse to put her in a Marvel movie is good enough for me...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I still feel off put by Rodriguez as Valkyrie...I love her but she seems way too small. She is the right build for the role but the height is gonna take some getting used to xD

Still any excuse to put her in a Marvel movie is good enough for me...
    Wrong actress. Tessa Thompson is playing Valkyrie. And she looks like catwalk model after a binge on cocaine with the way she walks trying to look heroic.

I'm pretty sure most would have preferred this casually vicious Valkyrie
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-09-12 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wrong actress. Tessa Thompson is playing Valkyrie. And she looks like catwalk model after a binge on cocaine with the way she walks trying to look heroic.
    oh is it Tessa Thompson, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Think thats the ultimate universe Valkyrie, I prefer the prime universe Valkyrie myself
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-09-12 at 12:36 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    oh is it Tessa Thompson, my bad :P
    Shes the new kid on the block here to take all of young black woman roles, look out Rosario Dawson and Zoe Saldana

10+ Year Old Account
    I can totally see Katheryn Winnick pulling that off. Ah, what could have been...

Nothing against Tessa, I'm sure she'll be fine... But Katheryn would have been PERFECT for Valkyrie.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I can totally see Katheryn Winnick pulling that off. Ah, what could have been...

Nothing against Tessa, I'm sure she'll be fine... But Katheryn would have been PERFECT for Valkyrie.
    id rather she play a main character in her own movie. i very much doubt valkyrie will be a major player in the mcu anytime soon
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I didn't know who Winnick was...but after seeing the google...yeah. She'd be more appropriate.

I'm starting to think that Marvel is farting away from the good casting job it used to do.
    To be fair, the timing was probably due.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-09-12 at 06:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think that Marvel is farting away from the good casting job it used to do.
    To be fair, a lot of their side character casting has been awful(especially in the Thor movies). It's only the main roles that nailed it all the time. And until this Thor movie, I couldn't really even speak to the Hemsworth casting. Sure he 'looks right', but he's not been allowed to act at all. This new movie seems to free him up to actually portray a character instead of a look. It's nice.

And yes, Lagertha was basically already Valkyrie
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    And until this Thor movie, I couldn't really even speak to the Hemsworth casting. Sure he 'looks right', but he's not been allowed to act at all. This new movie seems to free him up to actually portray a character instead of a look.

You really feel that way? From what I've seen so far in Ragnarok trailers, Hemsworth is basically playing himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id rather she play a main character in her own movie. i very much doubt valkyrie will be a major player in the mcu anytime soon
    Eh, she's certainly got the acting chops to carry a film... But I'm not sure what decent roles there are left for her to play. Maybe someone like Abigail Brand? However, I think we're probably going to see her on Agents of SHIELD next season, so I doubt they'll use her in the MCU.

I didn't know who Winnick was...but after seeing the google...yeah. She'd be more appropriate.
    She plays Lagertha in Vikings, which you need to go and watch now. She kicks so much ass, TBH, I almost think Valkyrie would be a step down for her... Then again, I have a feeling that Valkyrie will be getting a hammer soon...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

It's definitely a point in her favor that she's pretty big on martial arts too.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboface View Post
    You really feel that way? From what I've seen so far in Ragnarok trailers, Hemsworth is basically playing himself.
    Most likely, but that's what makes their casting work. They choose people who are naturally the characters. RDJ is Tony Stark, Mark Ruff is emo Banner, etc. The other movies he was playing an oaf who has big muscles and looks serious some of the time.
    BAD WOLF

Eh, she's certainly got the acting chops to carry a film... But I'm not sure what decent roles there are left for her to play. Maybe someone like Abigail Brand? However, I think we're probably going to see her on Agents of SHIELD next season, so I doubt they'll use her in the MCU.
    she would make a good she hulk, really any female character tbh.

the rights to the netflix shows stay with netflix for a couple years and you know theyre gonna be making some shows for their streaming platform until they get the rights back to the defenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Most likely, but that's what makes their casting work. They choose people who are naturally the characters. RDJ is Tony Stark, Mark Ruff is emo Banner, etc. The other movies he was playing an oaf who has big muscles and looks serious some of the time.
    i think ghostbusters really showed hemsworths got comedy chops and most people felt he was the best part of that movie.

i like the dudebro thor direction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    she would make a good she hulk, really any female character tbh.
    Now you bring her up... Yeah, she would make a pretty excellent She-Hulk actually.

Of course, they've not even given Hulk his own film yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a She-hulk movie.