Poll: Who should rule?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    I don't want to derail (again) the topic. But Vol'jin's death was handled extremely poorly with no regard for the customs of the race nor his own traits.
    I know the focus was meant to be on Varian (which to be honest, they should have made it on equal footing). But I think lore again was undermined as it usually is. The whole ceremony was more Tauren then it was Troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    How about a house plant?

Just genocide this race. They are COMPLETELY useless at this point.
    Like Tauren and Blood Elves too since Blizzard refuse to make more screen time for those races? Who barely have new lore and racial leaders who don't even have their own unique models and borrow items you can get on your own character and customisation from make-a-character screen?

Let's all hate on a race because Blizzard can't think of a worthwhile section of storyline for a lot of characters tethered to a race! Talk about short-sighted yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I know the focus was meant to be on Varian (which to be honest, they should have made it on equal footing). But I think lore again was undermined as it usually is. The whole ceremony was more Tauren then it was Troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Tauren and Blood Elves too since Blizzard refuse to make more screen time for those races? Who barely have new lore and racial leaders who don't even have their own unique models and borrow items and customisation from make-a-character screen?

Let's all hate on a race because Blizzard can't think of a worthwhile section of storyline for a lot of characters tethered to a race! Talk about short-sighted yo.
    Settle down sport. They don't exist. But for arguments sake - Every other race has done far more interesting things and themselves are just MORE interesting. Trolls have been ..well... never that impressive. They are ALWAYS a stepping stone to something far more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mojodishu for Darkspear leader!!!

Settle down sport. They don't exist. But for arguments sake - Every other race has done far more interesting things and themselves are just MORE interesting. Trolls have been ..well... never that impressive. They are ALWAYS a stepping stone to something far more interesting.
    Right. Well I guess you've not been playing the game like the rest of us or not seen these forums loathe Sylvanas more than Vol'jin as Warchief.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every other race has done far more interesting things and themselves are just MORE interesting. Trolls have been ..well... never that impressive
    That's like... your opinion.
    But please, let's stay on topic

King Rastakhan.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    A council of elders, guided by the collective spirits of Vol'jin and Sen'jin in their majestic loa-tastic forms.
    That's a very troll thing to do.

Vol'jin had several kids but they are not named except for Yenniku, blizz really needs to develop characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Vol'jin had several kids but they are not named except for Yenniku, blizz really needs to develop characters.
    Blizzard does develop new characters all the time!!

Like Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Anduin, Arator...

Oh wait Blizz only writes humans and elves now lol oops.

You know who the next troll leader is going to be? Danath Trollbane lol.

Or maybe they'll create a new character named Al'dunar Hal'fetroll, the renegade blood elf who discovers his ancestry is 1/4th jungle troll and 1/4th forest troll. Who uses the light to unite the troll tribes and make Zul'Aman part of the Horde.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-09-12 at 08:28 PM.

I feel like Rokhan is bland enough they can give him any personality they want once he's in spotlight.

I would rather they develop Rokhan more than bring some new Troll as leader.

My perfect senario would be Rokhan bringing all the Troll tribes together to prove he's worthy or something like that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That's a very troll thing to do.
    It would be like The Last Airbender. The current Leaders ask the guidance of all the previous leaders of the Darkspear. Hell, even leaders of other troll factions - Zul'jin, Jin'do (probably not since Hakkar ended him), Ukorz, etc. On death, the current sage/leader/member of the council would join this spirit council.

The living ruling council could be composed of several class trainers, or other relevant trolls (like Rokhan).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This post is full of fallacies that I can't even. Let alone the "stepping stone for something else" which is false since they have hardly been stepping stones of anything in their existence, in a game with Gnomes, Goblins, Pandas and overly generic Humans/Dwarves saying every other race is more interesting and/or has more things going on than Trolls is pretty much objectively false as you can get.

OT: It matters not who runs the Darkspear. Like, it's literally irrelevant. Vol'jin needs to come back, plain and simple. Blizzard created a situation where the character was dealt with in an abrupt (and rather suspicious, from a storytelling standpoint) way while also leaving no room whatsoever to even care about who's supposed to lead the tribe after him since Blizzard made no effort whatsoever in developing any figure worthy of the succession. Mind you, "worthy" is meant from, again, a storytelling standpoint. I can't give a damn if someone is "Vol'jin's second-in-command" if the entirety of the character's lore is confined within the space of a single starting zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Master Gadrin led Sen'jin village, I feel like he should be the temporary leader of the tribe until we hopefully get Vol'jin back somehow.

Deleted
    If next expansion is a south seas expansion as expected, it would be cool to introduce a new character that gets built up like Nazgrim was.
    Young troll leads an expedition to the original island where Thrall encountered them, communes with the spirits of Vol'jin and Sen'jin, then travels to Zandalar where after fixing whatever shit goes down there he gets recognized by Rastakhan as chieftain of the Darkspear, or heck, even become the new King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Rastakhan.

One of his sons or Yenniku

I would love for the spirit of Vol'jin (loa) to guide God-king Rastakhan in uniting the troll tribes and fight against (probably void corrupted) Prophet Zul. If they ever add subraces, this way other trolls could be added as customization.
    And I really want an ancient, mystic and wise leader in the horde. There's no mage leader in any faction, and it'd be really cool and different for a troll to fill that spot (that is if rastakhan is a mage at all, zandalari have arcane knowledge, but he could be a shaman too, which would be cool as well, considering the lack of shaman leaders)

7+ Year Old Account
    should be vol'jin backing from the dead, like any troll

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Lady Sylvanna because Voljin made her the Warchief?

sounds damn good, a dead high elf as leader of the trolls BrokeBack

What if the Darkspear end up joining the Zandalari now that Vol'jin isn't around to decline their offers? Though I'd sooner see the Zandalari joining them instead, depending on what their future holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we even name anyone beside Rokhan as possible leader ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power