Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally for me, I quit organized PvP back at the beginning of Cataclysm. I was that elitest PvPer who loved nothing more than to get the best 2200 gear every season and then trample on lower geared nubs/alts in BG's. Well when they decided to remove 2200 tier PvP gear, I lost all interest in playing. In my mind, it didn't make sense that people were offered better gear for high difficulties in PvE, but not PvP. "But what about an even playing field?!" I had an even playing field when I chose to be competitive and face 2300 MMR teams in 3's. They all had the same 2200 gear as me so there weren't any advantages. That's why I quit PvP, I wasn't being rewarded for my efforts. Beating people and winning wasn't enough for me, I want that epic loot!
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not play a melee class, and at this stage in balance it is basically World of Meleecraft.

You can get away with being ranged if you get the drop on people, but most of the time PvP is basically a "stun and done" scenario.

Why does a majority of the WoW population avoid pvp?
    Because majority sees the pvp just as an obstacle to the pve goals.

PvP is so hollow, that I won't even be a part of it right now.......

THAT is how damn messed up PvP is OK, that the very best player, and most dedicated PvP grinder doesn't even want to play the game currently.

What's the point after all, since it's hardly even based on skill at all anymore???

2 Mages in the top 200 of the RBG ladder, but 26 DH in the top 100???

Goodbye much there???

Give me a shout when skill matters???

- - - Updated - - -

I sure will DISCUSS the game though lol, and perhaps now more than ever even???

I very much do want the game to "be all that it can be" after all, now don't I???

I am such a Blizz superfan that it's absurd YO!!!

Some of you are as well, but don't want to admit it lol!!!

Conflicted much there???

The truth shall set you free!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-13 at 09:11 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

7+ Year Old Account
    because the alliance do bad in random bg's can never find a good group.. ashran is a good example.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    PvP is so hollow, that I won't even be a part of it right now.......

THAT is how damn messed up PvP is OK, that the very best player, and most dedicated PvP grinder doesn't even want to play the game currently.

What's the point after all, since it's hardly even based on skill at all anymore???

2 Mages in the top 200 of the RBG ladder, but 26 DH in the top 100???

Goodbye much there???

Give me a shout when skill matters???

- - - Updated - - -

I sure will DISCUSS the game though lol, and perhaps now more than ever even???

I very much do want the game to "be all that it can be" after all, now don't I??

I am such a Blizz superfan that it's absurd YO!!!

Some of you are as well, but don't want to admit it lol!!!

Conflicted much there???

The truth shall set you free!!!
    what the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    what the fuck
    You tell me???

What is on your mind there after all???

Do tell!!!

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    You tell me???

What is on your mind there after all???

Do tell!!!
    Mostly upcoming weekend, really

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even just a Dungeon Journal sort of description of mechanics and objectives would be helpful for new players. Hell, i know what the objectives are and i still think its obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Even just a Dungeon Journal sort of description of mechanics and objectives would be helpful for new players. Hell, i know what the objectives are and i still think its obtuse.
    This would seem to be a pretty damn good point lol.

Why???

Well, think about it guys!!!

Look how low the bar is skill wise in BGs, and look how many people seem to misunderstand how you play in them effectively!!!

I can't prove it (actually you can't prove ANYTHING objectively), but I suspect that a lot of people in the community don't try and help others once they learn something, since they don't want others to become better as well. I suspect this because of how toxic, selfish, and entitled many are in the community.

It probably would help a lot if there was both a guide, and some kind of training grounds style scenario where you had to do certain things in a REALISTIC environment, meaning actually inside the BG, with a scripted encounter???

The bar is VERY low skill wise guys, and we now know that, since I became so good that I am now in a league of my own skill wise for PvP, and thus I can see from this incredibly high perspective. What I see from up here, is that the bar is EXTREMELY LOW community wide skill wise for at least BGs, and the reasons as I see it for this are that there is a GREAT misunderstanding among many in the community about how you win BGs, and what you should be doing, and also an EXTREME lack of teamwork in them as well.

These two things changing, in my opinion, could take WoW to heights that we have never even seen before!!!

One of the biggest problems with skill in BGs as I see it, is that people seem to get it in their heads that it is like the arena, and that just killing people alone is how you win, since they seem to think that it will snowball, and you will eventually "catch up" and win by controlling the field.

It doesn't work like that though you see, and on flag carrier maps especially it makes a MASSIVE difference who you attack at times, and if you are on the wrong targets, especially at the wrong times, its VERY BAD for your team!!!

I very much agree with some form of guide, and I say that it would be good to even take it one step more, and do scenarios designed to teach key things, like being able to CC a healer while nuking a target, and vice versa. One where you had to peel your FC could be really nice, and things like that.

Long story short, there seems to be this PROFOUND misunderstanding among WAY TOO MANY people in the WoW community of what the best way of doing things in at least BGs is, and forgive me, but I really don't think arena matters much overall, since it teaches one "bad habits" in my opinion, where you freeze up and don't even know what to do when you are outside of that little arena bubble, where everything usually plays out the same ways. I have seen that happen so many times to "top players" that I was bearing down on, where they went deer in the headlights on me, that I just know it in my heart to be true.

I would suggest that y'all embrace the BGs, since they really are very thrilling when you have a good team, and everyone is working together, but sadly that's very rare to see in normal BGs other than premades.

If we could raise the skill bar QUITE A LOT, then the BGs would almost surely be so thrilling, that people wouldn't even be able to get enough of them, and would stay subbed FROM THAT ALONE, no matter how they felt about the rest of the game really.

I really wish that more of you could see the game the way I see it, which is to see PvP not as a minigame, but as the natural ENDGAME, simply because of the fact that it requires the most skill BY FAR, and is thus the ultimate challenge in the game.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-14 at 12:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    LOL PVP being compared to a sport. It is no different than any other game you play sitting on your ass against another human being.

It is not even close to a sport.
    An e-sport. Is that better Captain Pedantic? Two-Fifteen players come together to form a team, coordinate attacks and heals, and have a game plan for each combination of arena teams, and or Battlegrounds. Like with any sport, even an E-SPORT, there is mutual cooperation to a common goal in an effort to defeat your opponents or opposing team.

Because blizzard allowed such massive imbalances between factions on servers, world pvp is now a joke and certainly not fun

Some servers have 90% horde and 10% alliance, others the situation is reversed

Either way the massive imbalance has killed world pvp
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Deleted
    Mostly because balance issues.
    I leveled Legion as Arcane mage but some classes have extreem amount of stuns/dots that brings my HP to 10% before i can even start PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Because blizzard allowed such massive imbalances between factions on servers, world pvp is now a joke and certainly not fun

Some servers have 90% horde and 10% alliance, others the situation is reversed

Either way the massive imbalance has killed world pvp
    I think this is a pretty damn good point, and faction imbalance does seem to be a serious problem in WPvP.

To me, the BGs would also be more thrilling if they were more evenly matched faction wise.

The much bigger problem as I see it though, is a lack of understanding of how one should even play in them.
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-14 at 05:04 AM.

Because pvp is shit.

Actually Legion PvP is better because it no longer has the need to farm the gear. World pvp is the worst thing in the universe.

It doesn't seem like a lot of players are avoiding pvp......

You can get a random pvp match usually in under 2 minutes of queing.

If you want to join an arena or rbg team it is fairly easy to find one.

People still even do the old pvp stuff like WG and Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Because pvp is shit.

Actually Legion PvP is better because it no longer has the need to farm the gear. World pvp is the worst thing in the universe.
    Look YO.......

Did you see how many damn words I used before to try and get my points across???

Just saying "PvP is shit," and then damn near leaving it at that does about zero to help the developers!!!

Please try and be more specific OK, since then they will actually have something to work with.....

- - - Updated - - -

All that matters in the end is what Blizz wants guys, since it is their game, and I just want to be clear on that extremely relevant point lol.

That being said, I try and provide them with EXACTLY what I feel would be best for the game from as an objective point of view as I possibly can.

The reason I do this, is because if they want the game to be as successful as possible, then they will do what is best for it in objective reality in that way.

Logic dictates this after all......and yes, I am basically Spock as far as y'all are concerned lol, and the reason I get to be Spock, is because he cared so much about logic and objectivity, just like me!!!

10 million subs lol??? Nice, great, well done!!!

Why isn't 20 million subs possible though, if not way more even??? Why the hell not, since it is going on almost 8 BILLION people on Earth, MANY of who now have access to computers and the internet, and also that will soon because of rapid GLOBAL technological advancement.

The way I see it, there shouldn't be limits placed on the game in that way, and it should just be allowed to be as successful as possible, based on it being HIGH QUALITY though you see. Or at least that is if Blizzard really wants the game to "be all that it can be" in this way that is.

Forgive me, but I really don't see free kills on this level as being anything even remotely resembling high quality when it comes to PvP, which is very much why I am not even playing the game currently.

I am Magus, and I know how to talk to plants (the game)......

The game (plants) says that a far more balanced game is the way for it to thrive like never before!!!

Am I getting through to y'all at all here lol???
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-09-14 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    GW2 actually does a REALLY good job of having both PVP and PVE. But they do so from the ground up by keeping PVP and PVE almost entirely separate, and having the core mechanics of PVE work VERY similar to PVP.
    Sorry but i can't agree about GW2 PvE part.... That's basically why, even if i liked GW2 leveling, world and story, i eventually went back to WoW. "WoW does it better" XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Because pvp is shit.

I agree with the gear part. So far, for the little PvP i have done (mostly till prestige 2 for artifact skin), i think Legion is not so bad for CASUAL pvp. At least you don't get roflstomped in bg like previous expansion.

Deleted
    From my own personal experience:
    1)Queue time for solo battlegrounds is usually 20mins+
    2)World PvP is often unbalanced, e.g. 5 level 110's camping somewhere like Thrallmar or Honor Hold in HFP, Lakeshire in Redridge Mountains
    3)I'm not really sure how to word this one. But I just feel that sometimes when you get into PvP and like a rogue or lock opens up on you, there's so much shit to keep track of that it's simply overwhelming - and that can make it really difficult to actually get into doing PvP in the first place. It's really not user friendly I guess?
    4)Arena PvP is daunting, especially when you know that that's where the best of the best square off.

Combine points 3 and 4 and there's the reason why the PvP community isn't growing - at least in my view. That being said I'm just a mere mortal. I'm sure plenty will disagree.

Deleted
    i dont like sandboxes and the fact i need to collect different gear for pvp ruins it for me