Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Firstly, it's not just for the mount, it's also for the streamed panels at blizzcon.

Secondly, if $39.99 is a month's wage then why in the hell are you spending a month's wage on video games or more than 1/3rd of a month's wage on a WoW sub? Also, how the fuck is someone going to view the blizzcon stream from some 3rd world country where $39.99 is a months wage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...the McGregor v Mayweather fight cost like what...$100 for on-demand viewing? And you didn't even get any goodies to come with it. $40 for a multi-day event with panels and other things, plus extra goodies for the games you play, isn't too bad, if you ask me. I probably won't be buying the ticket but I don't see why you get so worked up about something so trivial. Sure it's expensive for some people, but that's just the way the world works bud...sad as it may be.
    Also, it's a capitalistic system. They have the goods and services, they're offering it. It's our choice if we want to dish out the money to access them or not. No one is forcing you to pay for the ticket. It's not like it's mandatory to buy the ticket if you wanted to enjoy the game. Let people spend their money the way they want to.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2017-09-14 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihan View Post
    Here's the problem: you say Blizzard should give you everything they create for their games for free, and they think they should put them in a shop where people have to buy them. A lot of people are more than happy to do this, so they make a crapton of money from it. As long as people are doing that and it's making them a crapton of money, they have absolutely zero incentive to take any other course of action. They're a company, and companies exist to make money.
    Oh, I know. I've said as much. Blizzard is in this business to make money. That doesn't mean as a consumer that I agree with all of those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You get more than just the mount for the $40, why are you kids ignoring that fact? It's been like this since they first introduced the virtual ticket, just because it's a mount this year the tears are real.

Considering how much you're crying over this mount I call bullshit.
    I love when people jump into an discussion, but are incapable of reading what was said. It's like you expect me to retype it just for you. Don't be lazy.

And your last sentence doesn't make sense. I'm "crying" because I keep replying to people? Don't project, please. I've always enjoyed seeing other people's side of an argument. This thread is no different. But then again, you've already proven that you can't read, so I guess this is even more wasted text.

The first thing that comes to mind with all these "OMG I HAVE TO SPEND MONEY FOR THINGS" posts is:

Are all of you broke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    In other news, water makes things wet.
    And yet, stating such caused this much uproar. I find this amazing.

Ah, I've missed MMO-C, the place where fanboys lose their shit if you say anything negative about Blizzard. It's good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicywiener View Post
    Until a couple years later when everyone forgets about it and you pop it back up and look like a boss. Member Tyrael's Charger??
    Yeah, I have it, but since I like to match my mounts to my toon and their Transmog, it never gets used. The only people that think "you look boss" are players that weren't around to get that nice "free" mount. Since all you had to do was basically sign a pledge to Blizzard that you would play WoW for another year, and you were given that mount and a copy of D3 free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

Ah, I've missed MMO-C, the place where fanboys lose their shit if you say anything negative about Blizzard. It's good to be back.
    Its just because that what most of this site has become now. Seems like every other post is "Blizz did X and I don't like it". Then when you click to maybe see some good points all you get is the most basic, baseless arguments.

"They made a mount but you have to pay for it!"

"No, they give it to you when you buy a ticket to a pay per view multi day event which will also include other items as well as a bonus."

No one is forcing you to spend your money on the ticket and other goodies. This is like saying you love to drive and now you HAVE TO spend $200k+ on some sports car because its cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Mounts and ticket should be sold separately but bundled with a discount if bought together. Would be bad for business I guess but hey, more fair! Maybe I only want the ticket, then I shouldn't be forced to pay for mounts as well.
    You are only paying for the tickets, the mounts and stuff come for free.
    why?
    because it is 40$ every year no matter how many things it gives.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    No one is forcing you to spend your money on the ticket and other goodies. This is like saying you love to drive and now you HAVE TO spend $200k+ on some sports car because its cool.
    It comes down to how people value that $15 a month plus expansion prices. To many, and myself, I pay it so that I can get 100% of the content, or at least, that's what I wished for. Obviously, that's not the case. There are MMOs with a smaller staff that give you all of the content for a simple subscription fee.

But in your scenario, if I was paying a car dealership $100k a month in terms of a subscription, then I would expect them to give me a 200k car for that subscription to be of value to me. But this is getting hairy due to how different these are. So let's not focus on this comparison too much.

That's been the price point of a Blizzcon virtual ticket for years now...

For a daylight robber, Blizz sucks, because I still have that $40.

Bought it from my recent stock up on battle.net tokens...waiting on mount sale xd Have like 100 euro still...AH playing is good.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.
    Robbery? $39.99 for a mount?? Did you not see the main page that explains what you get for $39.99 USD? Maybe take another scroll through the page. https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info/tickets/virtual

$20 per day for video and replay access to all stages? Has a mobile app with streaming, web streaming, all the conference stuff they are putting on, pre-show videos, esports streams, the two in-game mounts and whatever other stuff they bundled into the virtual ticket. Actually $20 USD per day for all of that sounds kinda cheap to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're paying to view all of the panels at Blizzcon, not just the in-game goodies from ordering it. The mounts and other in-game stuff for the other games are free.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    You must be literally unemployed (or a 12 year old) to whine about a 40$ virtual ticket. Get some education and go to work. Gosh

Thats probably one of the cheapest things blizz could ever offer. The ticket cost me 30€ which gives me additionally 2 special mounts and some other goodies for other games... a normal store mount (no extra seats) costs 25€

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    100% wrong. You can't be serious.

Because people are tired of shitposts.

The mounts are tied to a ticket for a convention (it's called a promotion), not the base game itself nor the expansion. There was never an uproar for murloc pets, there needn't be one for mounts.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-14 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Mounts and ticket should be sold separately but bundled with a discount if bought together. Would be bad for business I guess but hey, more fair! Maybe I only want the ticket, then I shouldn't be forced to pay for mounts as well.
    The mounts and tickets are sold separately.

You can buy the mount for $40, or the ticket for $40, and if you buy them together you get it for the low, low cost of $40!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Because people are tired of shitposts.

The mounts are tied to a ticket for a convention, not the base game itself nor the expansion. There was never an uproar for murloc pets, there needn't be one for mounts.
    People are tired of shitposts, so they shitpost themselves?

In-game game content is being tied to an out of game convention. There will always be people who don't support that. There's no need for people to get angry over someone not liking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are tired of shitposts, so they call them out*

In-game game content is being tied to an out of game convention. There will always be people who don't support that. There's no need for people to get angry over someone not liking it.
    Blizzcon wasn't made for you then. Everyone else interested will support it.

Always found it odd the people will pay money for the privilege of Blizzard trying to sell you stuff. If people want to buy it then fill your boots. The price is negligible but paying for an advert is wacky.