Poll: Harris 2020

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I, personally, haven't seen anything that makes her look stupid. My problem with her is the way the DNC seems to be gearing up to put all their chips on her like they did with Hillary in 16.
    This crap needs to stop, like yesterday.

The party should trot out a variety of candidates in early primaries, and let the voters decide who best represents the ideals they can get behind. Nobody should be "groomed" for office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I prefer Al Frankin to some rank and file Democrat who has spent their career being groomed for DNC leadership.
    You had better pray that hes not running. If Al Franken makes it to the national level, his racist skits and homophobic tirades from working on SNL will be propped up and scrutinized on every news station. He wont be able to get away with the "its just comedy" or the "it was thirty years ago" defense. Republican news outlets are foaming at the mouth to show ANYTHING that is remotely racist involving a democrat. Tread softly.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2017-09-15 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You had better pray that hes not running. If Al Franken makes it to the national level, his racist skits and homophobic tirades from working on SNL will be propped up and scrutinized on every news station. He wont be able to get away with the "its just comedy" or the "it was thirty years ago" defense. Republican news outlets are foaming at the mouth to show ANYTHING that is remotely racist involving a democrat. Tread softly.
    To be fair, Democrat news media would/should do it to him, also. Since they set the tone of "Racism is ALWAYS bad" in response to Trump running his mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Ummm... she's backing Bernie's Universal Healthcare. That's pretty much the epitome of going against "rank n' File" and "Corporate" Democrats.
    So is the entire DNC.

If she backed single payer years ago that might be something to brag about... But it means nothing now...

Its like the Democrats who toted their support for LGBT issues after it became official Democrat policy under Obama... It was irrelevant by that point, there were other Democrats and even some Republicans who had been fighting that fight for decades by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So is the entire DNC.
    Ummmm... No. Not even HALF of the Democratics in power (Nevermind members of the DNC) is supporting Bernie's Universal Healthcare. Only about 20+ members are supporting it.

Dude, you seriously need to stop reading your 'Conservative' conspiracy theory posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If you didn't watch, you didn't watch. I can't recount hours of testimony here for you. Suffice to say that it doesn't matter what she says or does anyway, in the eyes of Democrats. She checks two boxes, and that is all that matters to them.
    So . . . you've got nothing and no sources.

As usual.

You make the claim, the burden of proof is on you.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    ^^ Bonus points if they use the same talking points Hillary did and blame everything on sexism or racism or misogyny.
    You know they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This crap needs to stop, like yesterday.

The party should trot out a variety of candidates in early primaries, and let the voters decide who best represents the ideals they can get behind. Nobody should be "groomed" for office.
    Instead they are trying to move the California primary up to give an advantage to their chosen candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You know they will.
    Democrats weren't the first to bring up her gender in this topic and it's not democrats who are harping on any of those talking points in the thread.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Instead they are trying to move the California primary up to give an advantage to their chosen candidates.
    I don't mind the CA primary being moved up, I tend to think CA is where the rest of the DNC will be in 3-5 years.my issue is with her meeting with big Clinton donors in the Hamptons, just reeks of establishment entitlement.

Get some new blood in there that isn't beholden to the DNC machine.

Sanders in 1987: ‘Astronomical’ Cost of Single-Payer ‘Would Bankrupt the Nation’ Never forget

http://freebeacon.com/politics/sande...nkrupt-nation/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Sanders in 1987: ‘Astronomical’ Cost of Single-Payer ‘Would Bankrupt the Nation’ Never forget

How is this at all relevant now? How about you bring up Hillary's emails and complete the derailment.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind the CA primary being moved up, I tend to think CA is where the rest of the DNC will be in 3-5 years.my issue is with her meeting with big Clinton donors in the Hamptons, just reeks of establishment entitlement.

That's not going to just.. happen. It's going to take years and plenty of primaries to get the likes of Schumer and Pelocy out of there.

The problem with the CA primary being moved up is it's such a massive amount of delegates being won right from the start it favors individuals with standing name recognition or those who get the donors handed to them from the DNC to afford ads in the very expensive state. Now that isn't a guarantee which is why I say "favors".

It's clearly a move being made with the establishment in mind.

And it is establishment politics. I have no reason to dislike her as a candidate (at this point) aside from the back door dealings that are so visibly occurring. All they are doing is damaging her as a candidate with this for the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post

Clearly nothing has changed about the healthcare debate in the last 30 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to the alt right out here. Its shows that she is at least in the back of their minds and has gained a little bit of national attention.

The experience argument is mute, see 45.

She isnt an establishment Democrat, another mute point. Hell some of them.dont care for her because is known making comments about the party and the left.

She probably wont even seek nomination unless the Dems really dont put someone viable up but I do think she is in the right spot to beat 45.

Clinton almost beat 45 (lets not forget the popular vote) with all her flaws. 45 didnt have huge margins in the crucial states, Harris has a twitter and oratory game to destroy 45s. Just saying.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I'm just tired of all the cultural appropriation of America and its democracy and values. All these non white men using electricity, computers, cars or using those 3 things to create their own thing. It's outrageous!
    I have no clue where the sarcasm is going on this one.

@pacox
    I believe the word you are looking for is "Moot" not "Mute".
    Last edited by Fugus; 2017-09-16 at 02:37 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take a jizzed in sock over Trump.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Glad to the alt right out here. Its shows that she is at least in the back of their minds and has gained a little bit of national attention.

The experience argument is mute, see 45.

She isnt an establishment Democrat, another mute point. Hell some of them.dont care for her because is known making comments about the party and the left.

She probably wont even seek nomination unless the Dems really dont put someone viable up but I do think she is in the right spot to beat 45.

Clinton almost beat 45 (lets not forget the popular vote) with all her flaws. 45 didnt have huge margins in the crucial states, Harris has a twitter and oratory game to destroy 45s. Just saying.
    Her dealings with bankers and her sudden friendship with Hillary's donors and being groomed to be crowned Queen doesn't exactly help that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea she's the corporate Dem fav. Her and Booker. I'm still of the opinion Bernie is going to probably win but someone like Sherrod Brown could come out of the crowded pack and legitimately bring the party together.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Her dealings with bankers and her sudden friendship with Hillary's donors and being groomed to be crowned Queen doesn't exactly help that point.
    We're moving deeper into the redefinition part of Democrat rebranding. Just like what was once a pointless war on terror is now necessary interventions, making friendly with corporate sponsored politicians will now be something positive and necessary.