Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The achievement Shoot First, Loot Later lists all of the special chests. Any that are called "Augari" need the Shroud ability from the Vindicaar. The other ones require the laser and warframe - yellow is laser, warframe is blue. For instance, there's a warframe cave needed in Mac'Aree in the cavernous area between Shadowguard Incursion and City Center.

The addon HandyNotes - Argus should be helpful.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    It depends on the chest. Certain chests require different abilities from the Vindicarr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yellow diamond: The first power you unlock
    Purple: Shroud
    Blue: Warframe
    Huh. I hadn't had time to look this up yet- good to know.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Care to tell us what it is?
    HandyNotes with the HandyNotes: Argus extension, incredibly useful addon for all the rare mobs and treasures, in the latest update they made it so that the rare indicators change color based on their status and you can left click the marker to instantly find a group for the rare you clicked on if it's available (green outline). Mousing over the chest indicators tells you exactly where it's located and in the case of the Eredar ones, which power up you need to open it, there's about 2 or 3 of each power up chest (Warframe/Judgment/Shroud) in every zone, Shroud ones being the easiest to find just by running around without any outside help as they're not really hidden which is why people have seen that one the most.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2017-09-17 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Eeenteresting. Haven't run across any chests that didn't open with Shroud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Well, getting to certain chests takes a different power. Fairly sure the Shroud is the only one needed to actually open some chests though.
    Actually that is because chests that require you to blast some rocks open with the Warframe or Beam to reach them, are hidden. Basically, they won't show on your map unless you open the way. Yesterday I killed Narouna or w/e the name of that panthara rare was and then, heading towards the greater invasion point to the northwest I came across some interesting looking rocks and there was a yellow crystal above them. Beamed them up and voila, a path opened up and there was a tower, a chest lying on its top. It only appeared on my minimap after I blasted the rocks though.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    How do you open the large random chests in Argus? I have completed the story line.

It will sometimes you don't have the power of the echo
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...-hidden-chests
    Patch 7.3 - The Augari Treasure Chests - Blizzplanet | Warcraft
    There are several treasure chests and sealed caves throughout Argus’ zones (Krokuun, Mac’Aree, and the Antoran Wastes). The treasure chests are either inaccessible due to a force field, or inside caves blocked by a pile of rocks. These two have something in common: both have a floating crystal marking them. As of PTR patch …

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    HandyNotes with the HandyNotes: Argus extension, incredibly useful addon for all the rare mobs and treasures, in the latest update they made it so that the rare indicators change color based on their status and you can left click the marker to instantly find a group for the rare you clicked on if it's available (green outline). Mousing over the chest indicators tells you exactly where it's located and in the case of the Eredar ones, which power up you need to open it, there's about 2 or 3 of each power up chest (Warframe/Judgment/Shroud) in every zone, Shroud ones being the easiest to find just by running around without any outside help as they're not really hidden which is why people have seen that one the most.
    This x10000

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mehman is talking about the indicator gems. There is a purple above the shroud ones ,and you can see a yellow out in the world, here and there. Haven't seen a blue yet, so I am curious..
    Blue and blue, its more like silver, maybe you've seen them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Blue and blue, its more like silver, maybe you've seen them
    Sounds more about right...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's because the Eredar, like the Draenei, have "heroic presence" (large chests).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"