if we're being honest.

what lore did Blizzard not expend by turning Legion into a cash grab?

I mean, they injected like every possible loose end into Legion.
    now your opinion on legions quality may differ from mine
    but the fact is, they expended that lore.

South Seas seems like one of the only decent options right now apart from some weird void expansion, or the "endgame" expansion (Titans, Sargeras)
    There's maybe a good chance we'll get the latter now and Blizzard are looking to stop with expansion releases.

If It was up to me I'd just announce WoW II and start fresh.
    If I had to work with the existing (mess) game I'd permanently shut down Draenor, redo Outland and some of the worst parts of the Cataclysm overhaul and focus on an expansion that really does feel like it's set in the now combined world of Azeroth (Val'sharah, Pandaria, Northrend) , so sailing between continents and a bunch of new visual
    overhauls for the entire game, simplifications across the board.

I'd probably nuke every maxed player down to level 50 so that the expansion would take people up to level 60. I'd design content so that you are hopping between all previous expansion areas, and redo questing in all of these areas, removing bad quests, keeping great or memorable ones. Similar to dungeons/raids.

every player that's currently <= 109 gets placed at level 1 to experience a fresh leveling experience.

How likely do you think expanded character customization options are? If they add any, I hope body type variations are included in the mix. Don't need to be sliders, but would be great if there were few different choices for the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Lizard naga sub-race confirmed!
    There is the Saurok too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    if we're being honest.

South Seas seems like one of the only decent options right now apart from some weird void expansion, or the "endgame" expansion (Titans, Sargeras)
    There's maybe a good chance we'll get the latter now and Blizzard are looking to stop with expansion releases.

If I had to work with the existing (mess) game I'd permanently shut down Draenor, redo Outland and some of the worst parts of the Cataclysm overhaul and focus on an expansion that really does feel like it's set in the now combined world of Azeroth (Val'sharah, Pandaria, Northrend) , so sailing between continents and a bunch of new visual

I'd probably nuke every maxed player down to level 50 so that the expansion would take people up to level 60. I'd design content so that you are hopping between all previous expansion areas, and redo questing in all of these areas, removing bad quests, keeping great or memorable ones. Similar to dungeons/raids.

every player that's currently <= 109 gets placed at level 1 to experience a fresh leveling experience.
    good thing u don't work for blizz cuz they'd be spending a whole lot of time on a whole lot of nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Tempted to change my sig to just #TeamGibLizardBlizzard

Really though, that fits with Dragons somehow, maybe they are Dragonoids themselves. Gib Lizard Blizzard.
    In the RPG books there were the Dragonsworn and there has been some old speculation that the Dragonspawn and Drakonids are mortals transformed by the Dragonflights so if the dragons are gonna play big part in the story again like they have said, humanoid dragon race could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In the RPG books there were the Dragonsworn and there has been some old speculation that the Dragonspawn and Drakonids are mortals transformed by the Dragonflights so if the dragons are gonna play big part in the story again like they have said, humanoid dragon race could be a possibility.
    I actually didn't believe you and opened my RPG Books to look and sure enough I found it. #GIB LIZARD BLIZZARD

PS PMs Out in a sec.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-09-18 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bornlol View Post
    good thing u don't work for blizz cuz they'd be spending a whole lot of time on a whole lot of nothing lol
    Well, the games longevity has been neglected for some time. unless you are constantly at max level waiting for the next content. Steps have been taken to use more of the existing assets and world instead of constantly moving into new zones, like timewalking. The way Blizzard usually handles and counteracts this is with a massive grind confined to an expansion, which in recent expansions has been the main point of the expansion, like apexis or artifacts. In my personal opinion this doesn't need to happen. Back in the day players were limited not by a meaningless time sink, but cash sinks and skill hurdles, things which have left the game due to currency being so corrupted by years of botting, goldfarming, gold buying etc.

The only way Blizzard could preserve the current time investment in a meaningful way is if they allowed you to use artifacts into the next expansion, which i doubt they would do because new players don't have artifacts. that idea is interesting, and the artifact idea may be expanded to other pieces of gear, artifacts themselves are products of things like legendary cape grinds.

The world being defragmented and feeling whole again, where the quests have been updated to match the present events would feel good, some progression in the form of the world being repaired, areas and characters moving on would feel great and make people want to step back into Azeroth.

If It was me, I'd put together a brand new team that focuses solely on existing content, and tweaking it, making things better, removing things in order to make the experience cleaner, more interesting, less annoying and more fun.

If it was up to me, I'd redo the vanilla experience and update areas of the world back to pre-cataclysm-style, whilst integrating expansion zones into the leveling content in more than just chunks of 10 level content, i'd make a world where players of all levels could cross paths at any point.

I'd also say that Blizzard should start some kind of modding/curation system for existing and new content (quests, dungeons, zones, assets) this would be anything BUT cosmetics, being a modding system that is for exclusively new meshes/skeletons/quests/etc, and players can vote on content, players can develop content they want to see instead of begging Blizzard for it. And of course Blizzard selects from the most voted selections, polishes or refines them a little, then releases that content. It's been done for several other Blizzard games, and i'm sure a lot of people would develop so many mods in so little time after being given the tools to improve the game they love or once loved with content they've always wanted to see in the game.

I'd also say that Blizzard should take some notes from Oldschool Runescape, which for some time (2014) has allowed players to vote on new content being added to the game, it should be tweaked or adjusted before release, or not released at all based on feedback, on a weekly basis.

Thank god i don't work for Blizzard. we'll never see any of that.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2017-09-18 at 08:07 AM.

if we're being honest.

just taking away the void and south seas we have

infinite dragon flight
    emerald nightmare (it wasnt destroyed theres still corruption)
    trolls
    wrathion and his shit
    the lich king and the scourge
    technically still have elemental lords but i think they are fine now
    lets say just 1 pandaria style expac
    the only old gods that are dead are ysharrj (but we will include that in void)

so hows that list??

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Earthen Ring has managed to ally all 4 them together in the fight against the Legion. While the Lords aren't exactly friends of mortals, or each other, I don't think it's likely they'll start attack on anyone anytime soon.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-09-18 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    just taking away the void and south seas we have

infinite dragon flight
    emerald nightmare (it wasnt destroyed theres still corruption)
    trolls
    wrathion and his shit
    the lich king and the scourge
    lets say just 1 pandaria style expac
    the only old gods that are dead are ysharrj (but we will include that in void)

so hows that list??
    The infinite dragonflight is a good one, and i guess that expansion would include Wrathion if it was to happen, it involves a lot of time travel though, and we already killed murozond, who pretty much caused it. I've always wanted to see Wrathion take over Blackwing Lair, but for good.

Emerald Nightmare won't happen, Blizzard has said it so many times.

There are greater troll kingdoms in the south seas, but as part of an expansion that seems tame and idiotic after legion. Then again arguably pandaria was tame.

The lich king stuff is hard to kinda fit anywhere into a coherent narrative, and it by itself isn't a large enough piece of content.

The elemental lords are pretty much done, that was mostly handled in Cataclysm.

Blizzard totally could do a Pandaria-style expansion again and add fresh stuff.

The infinite dragonflight is a good one, and i guess that expansion would include Wrathion if it was to happen, it involves a lot of time travel though, and we already killed murozond, who pretty much caused it. I've always wanted to see Wrathion take over Blackwing Lair, but for good.

Emerald Nightmare won't happen, Blizzard has said it so many times.

There are greater troll kingdoms in the south seas, but as part of an expansion that seems tame and idiotic after legion. Then again arguably pandaria was tame.

The lich king stuff is hard to kinda fit anywhere into a coherent narrative, and it by itself isn't a large enough piece of content.

The elemental lords are pretty much done, that was mostly handled in Cataclysm.

Blizzard totally could do a Pandaria-style expansion again and add fresh stuff.
    i think we will get the infinite dragonflight attacking because for some reason they want to kill chromie...the question is was moruzond actually the creator of the infinite or was moruronch??? (cant make a better name from chronormu) and why was wrathion hanging out around the obsidian sanctum??

wrathion has been involved in alot of strange stuff ever since he was thwarted in MoP like being the reason taylor died in WoD or how he was flying away from the tower in the legendary ring questline just before cordana went nuts. Plus in legion beta he was trying to bring back the black dragonfight and now there is ebonhorn. Is Wrathion the boy king who will offer us 3 lies?? Has he already lied to us in the MoP questline and in the scenario??

Is it possible the troll kingdoms are connected to the old gods??

Is the lich king still udner the control of the old gods seeing as some how yog had visions of Arthas torturing bolvar??

There is a touch of the void in the emerald nightmare still as can be seen after killing xavius just like nzoth can be seen during the fight.

The lich king himself has just rebuilt his army including recruiting new horseman and has the ebon blade working with him under threat of releasing the scourge...does that mean the scourge thats contained throughout the world can break loose??

personally im not sure where we will go next expac or the one after that but ido know we can have brand new lore and the existing lore can still be stretched out.

I want to see us craft new weapons and pass our artifacts down to new heroes (if only anduin could get the ashbringer) I think 8.0 is gonna be really good if legion is any kind of indicator.

- - - Updated - - -

Earthen Ring has managed to ally all 4 them together in the fight against the Legion. While the Lords aren't exactly friends of mortals, or each other, I don't think it's likely they'll start attack on anyone anytime soon.
    One must wonder if nathrezim is truly immune to the corruption of the old gods though....maybe neptulon will be recaptured and used to fuel a full power NOW raid boss wrath of ashara and maybe nathrezim will be part of the reason the prison breaks and remake a body for cthun.

There are infinite possibilities and infinite threats especially if after fighting a titan spirit we become drained and end up fighting for our world from threats that appeared while we were away in the nether where 1000 years passed over the course of 35. So lets be generous and say only 5 years pass between now and the next expac so much can change in that time. Anduin may become a badass and Sylvanas may finally achieve her goals (whatever they may be after all her body was impaled on the blood of an old god in northrend at one point ;P). The naga may make their move and maybe just maybe....Nzoth will finally break free and reform the black empire since cthun and yogg are still alive just not corporeal and then the klaxxi will join in the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope something will be found in the upcoming 7.3.5 ptr data.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Could blizzard ever bring back Deathwing now? Or is he forever ruined by the stain of Cataclysm?

- - - Updated - - -

That avatar is really.. alot.
    It's a Chicken Nugget spinner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I hope something will be found in the upcoming 7.3.5 ptr data.
    Is it confirmed to arrive on the ptr this week or? I hope it's got something cool in it, getting a bit dry here.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Is it confirmed to arrive on the ptr this week or? I hope it's got something cool in it, getting a bit dry here.
    No, but they took PTR realms down (for clean up) last week.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    He is dead for good. Some of his blood most likely made it back to Deepholm, but he is dead.

Sinestra is either a corporeal being or alive again. We really do not know, but she is still around along with the Twilight's Hammer and Twilight Dragonflight.
    Which is odd considering Sinestra's situation. Tbh part of me wants Deathwing to return but be revived by the Old Gods...or the Void. I know people probably wouldn't like it but

I CAN DREAM
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    What if we "de-overhaul" some stuff?
    Bring back Pre-Cata Azeroth, old talent trees and mana for Hunters.

Yes I still live in Wrath.
    Like removal of LFR and LFD? PogChamp
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm calm too Just, I didn't feel it was needed to say I'm doing drugs just because I disagree. And I really do get it, people have of course reasons to like MoP. I just don't share them and I disagree with them.
    I won't say there is completely no merit in MoP, but still its lore did not agree with me at all. And about humor: wow humor was always simple, but MoP one was absolutely horrendous to me. And don't get me started with the Hozen...
    ..Im gonna Ook you in the Dooker!

- - - Updated - - -

Old god expansion. Final raid. Next to last boss. Elemental lord council fight. OMG

Old god expansion. Final raid. Next to last boss. Elemental lord council fight. OMG
    That sounds more epic than it really is. We've already defeated two of them and the other two needed our help.

A council of all four could maybe make for a fun dungeon encounter, they'd be a dull filler in a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That sounds more epic than it really is. We've already defeated two of them and the other two needed our help.

A council of all four could maybe make for a fun dungeon encounter, they'd be a dull filler in a raid.
    How would a council of four elemental lords not be powerful enough to be a raid boss? We literally fight random Nightborne in the current raid, and in Antorus we are still just fighting some normal demons other than the titans.

How would a council of four elemental lords not be powerful enough to be a raid boss? We literally fight random Nightborne in the current raid, and in Antorus we are still just fighting some normal demons other than the titans.
    I didn't say they wouldn't be powerful enough. I said it wouldn't be as interesting considering we've already dealt with them. I'd rather see those rematches in dungeons.

Anub'arak, Nefarian+Onyxia, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden (this one less so because we didn't really defeat him in TBC)...

They're known names, and that is better than random elves and demons, I'll give you that, but I'd prefer to see new characters with some buildup, such as Lei Shen, the Klaxxi or Elisande, than having to raid cemeteries to keep the corpses buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I didn't say they wouldn't be powerful enough. I said it wouldn't be as interesting considering we've already dealt with them. I'd rather see those rematches in dungeons.

Anub'arak, Nefarian+Onyxia, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden (this one less so because we didn't really defeat him in TBC)...

They're known names, and that is better than random elves and demons, I'll give you that, but I'd prefer to see new characters with some buildup, such as Lei Shen, the Klaxxi or Elisande, than having to raid cemeteries to keep the corpses buried.
    You have a point... I personally would really love to fight someone new we havent faced before. Like Nzoth, or just a new character like the NH raid showed us (trilliaxe, anomaly, and Botanist are great examples of great, new and refreshing encounters...)

Madness will consume you!!!