Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    But saying "it's impossible to be competitive within weeks" is blatantly false, though.
    speaking about literally top-end competative. Not being able to run heroic raids with your mates.
    You simply won't do those 1.5M DPS, that are quite literally required to finish mythic ToS, without the BiS legendaries. That's quite simply just not how classes work now.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Dude you are obviously content with what Legion has provided to you, others like myself are not - and while some people cannot figure out a way to properly communicate their dissatisfaction - some can.

To you we might just be a drop in the bucket but we're still a part of their customer segment and there's a lot of things we want to see changed in the future (expansion) - You might not like this customer group but that doesn't mean you need to constantly flame us or telling us to just accept it.
    You are content, why do you need to belittle those who are not? If you want to participate in "steering" which direction WoW should go then make a new thread where you commend Blizzard and the development team for all the good things in this expansion and stay the hell away from the "whiny" section.
    Because at the end of the day, does it matter? lol.
    You're on a "Fan" site complaining where noone but yourself care to listen to your grievances. The same way you choose to cry to each other I can choose to tell you to suck it up and quit or do what you gotta do to get the drops.

Discussing anything on mmo-champ is detrimental to the issue at large, lol.

Currency for legendaries isn't going to happen, and questline legendaries are gone. What would you do in a perfect world? Legendaries for badges? Kill x bosses to get y legendary? They aren't going to let you target your legendaries, either.

I'd like to hear what you think they could even do, a realistic idea given their design mantra.
    Luckily they seem to change their "design mantra" every expansion, so there's still hope that we could go back to MoP/WoD legendaries which were "okay", even if we won't go back to my preference which would be Wrath/Cata. Targetting at the very least, considering they were even talking about it in Alpha/Beta.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-09-18 at 07:52 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Luckily they seem to change their "design mantra" every expansion, so there's still hope that we could go back to MoP/WoD legendaries which were "okay", even if we won't go back to my preference which would be Wrath/Cata. Targetting at the very least, considering they were even talking about it in Alpha/Beta.

- - - Updated - - -

hello tradu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    I tried to get into this expansion at the start, but after being at the top-end of my servers PVE progression it was an awful feeling to get literally shit on by other people on meters just because they got lucky with their first 1-2 legendary drops. I quit halfway through EN.

Come back for 7.3, play for a week, don't get a legendary (and to be fair, even if I did, that chance of getting one of the good ones was diminished as there are even more of them now). Find out the best way of getting them is to literally kill every single Argus rare every day and opening random chests in the world, as well as running old content 3-4x per week. Quit after another week.

Don't get me wrong. I think this game had massive potential, but the complete and utter impossibility to pick it up and get your character into fighting shape is just a massive turn off. I generally came into expansions after breaks sometime mid-expansion and always eventually ended up being competative within weeks or a few months with the help of my guildies. These days the expected timespan it takes to make my character to get into the top-tier category is literally half a year or so. In a game that's supposed to have 1-1.5 year expansion cycles. That just seems off.
    In other words its completely and utterly NOT newcomer friendly yes? Imagine if you took legendaries completely out of the picture, then how would it look?

speaking about literally top-end competative. Not being able to run heroic raids with your mates.
    You simply won't do those 1.5M DPS, that are quite literally required to finish mythic ToS, without the BiS legendaries. That's quite simply just not how classes work now.
    Ya cus you're totally going to clear mythic ToS with a brand new toon on a brand new acct ya?

(btw you could never get to top tier end game gear on your own steam as fast as you could now)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You mean no legendaries for anyone but 2 roles?
    Oh. you mean farming shit easy content for badges don't you?

You mean no legendaries for anyone but 2 roles?
    Oh. you mean farming shit easy content for badges don't you?
    You only had to farm easy content if you fell behind(and you were GUARANTEED a result, rather than still having to pray), and yes, legendaries for a few classes/roles at a time rather than everybody having a pile of them. Makes them less impactful(and common) overall, meaning having them is not expected for the first many months, and even after that it'd only affect a few classes at most.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Ya cus you're totally going to clear mythic ToS with a brand new toon on a brand new acct ya?
    Well yes. It went from "pretty hard but possible with a lot of help from your guild" to "impossible unless you RNG into the best gear in the game". I ran a server-first (alas sometimes second) mythic guild throughout WoD and it was not uncommon for us to gear up people in, let's say, 3-4 weeks to the point where they were able to do damage that made them worthwhile to bring along. Today I can expect maybe 2-3 legendaries in that timespan (assuming I completely slave away at the game outside of regular raid schedules) which gives me what? Maybe a 1:6 chance of actually getting that one item that allows me to play my class the way it's meant to be?

I'd rather pay a vanilla p-server tbqh.

Deleted
    Because at the end of the day, does it matter? lol.
    You're on a "Fan" site complaining where noone but yourself care to listen to your grievances. The same way you choose to cry to each other I can choose to tell you to suck it up and quit or do what you gotta do to get the drops.
    You got the freedom to do that but whats the no point? Its as empty as you going through facebook at other peoples profile because you're bored and hollow inside?

You see it as complaints and grievances and assume the worst, I see it (well some of it) as potential discussion material to see whether or not there's a correlation and once in a while people do have decent ideas (the coins for instance) after which I file a report in-game because thats what I can do to improve my situation henceforth. I could also make an thread on this official forums but I'm quite discouraged to do that because I'm on the EU knowingly that you US people always get the most attention.

Whether or not it be addressed is a different matter.

You only had to farm easy content if you fell behind(and you were GUARANTEED a result, rather than still having to pray), and yes, legendaries for a few classes/roles at a time rather than everybody having a pile of them. Makes them less impactful(and common) overall, meaning having them is not expected for the first many months, and even after that it'd only affect a few classes at most.
    Well if we're talking about being behind, if you were playing all the time you would have all the legendaries by now.

Also, hearty lol @ taking legendaries away from all classes.
    Cat's out the bag now.

Well if we're talking about being behind, if you were playing all the time you would have all the legendaries by now.

Also, hearty lol @ taking legendaries away from all classes.
    Cat's out the bag now.
    I do for Feral, Balance, Arms and Fury, and nearly Protection. And the amount my alts are behind now compared to what they would've been behind in ToT or even SoO is not even close, they're much further behind in Legion. Again, just because mains have "beaten" the system and have all legendaries(or close to) doesn't mean the system is fine.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Well yes. It went from "pretty hard but possible with a lot of help from your guild" to "impossible unless you RNG into the best gear in the game". I ran a server-first (alas sometimes second) mythic guild throughout WoD and it was not uncommon for us to gear up people in, let's say, 3-4 weeks to the point where they were able to do damage that made them worthwhile to bring along. Today I can expect maybe 2-3 legendaries in that timespan (assuming I completely slave away at the game outside of regular raid schedules) which gives me what? Maybe a 1:6 chance of actually getting that one item that allows me to play my class the way it's meant to be?

I'd rather pay a vanilla p-server tbqh.
    If you're getting carried, doesn't matter what gear you have/get, as you're getting carried.
    You can do worthwhile damage and be worth bringing along by yourself in 2-3 weeks. Faster if you get carried. My weekly run carries fresh toons from my guild and limit every single week. You can get geared literally overnight in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

I do for Feral, Balance, Arms and Fury, and nearly Protection. And the amount my alts are behind now compared to what they would've been behind in ToT or even SoO is not even close, they're much further behind in Legion. Again, just because mains have "beaten" the system and have all legendaries(or close to) doesn't mean the system is fine.
    That's because you only had one legendary to acquire back then.

I'm sure your alts all have more than 1 legendary.

If you're getting carried, doesn't matter what gear you have/get, as you're getting carried.
    You can do worthwhile damage and be worth bringing along by yourself in 2-3 weeks. Faster if you get carried. My weekly run carries fresh toons from my guild and limit every single week. You can get geared literally overnight in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because you only had one legendary to acquire back then.

I'm sure your alts all have more than 1 legendary.
    Yes, nearly all of them do have more than 1. But 1 legendary now vs 1 legendary then is not comparable, because Legion legendaries fill a completely different role. A fairer comparison would be having the 4-5 BiS legendaries for a spec now(which still means you're fucked if you want to play another spec) vs having the MoP/WoD legendary.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes, nearly all of them do have more than 1. But 1 legendary now vs 1 legendary then is not comparable, because Legion legendaries fill a completely different role. A fairer comparison would be having the 4-5 BiS legendaries for a spec now(which still means you're fucked if you want to play another spec) vs having the MoP/WoD legendary.
    No no, an apt comparison would be the maxed out ring with the how much ever archimonde kills, than just having the base level ring from dhadgar, as well as having at least BiS trinkets from HFC. Don't exaggerate too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Translation "I have my best legendaries already, everyone else can get fucked."

This is the exact kind of mindset I've come to expect from people in Game Over.
    I've actually played this char since launch and it's been my main for 13 years. I have every lego for my character except 2 prot ones. Why wouldn't I have my BIS by now? If you actually played actively during the expansion you would also have your BIS legos. I'm sorry you have a personal issue with people from Game Over lol; I don't feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2017-09-18 at 08:27 PM.

No no, an apt comparison would be the maxed out ring with the how much ever archimonde kills, than just having the base level ring from dhadgar, as well as having at least BiS trinkets from HFC. Don't exaggerate too hard.
    The Archimonde upgrades were also a terrible idea, but not as bad as Legion, because once again you had an actual guarantee of progress towards that specific "legendary", in Legion you don't.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    In other words its completely and utterly NOT newcomer friendly yes? Imagine if you took legendaries completely out of the picture, then how would it look?
    Can't speak for the guy you're replying too, but if legendary's were taking out of Legion, I feel that 7.3 would be pretty newcomer friendly. It's really easy to get up to about 920 these days (so about 915 without legendary's) and that's just from doing Argus stuff. The only thing you would have to worry about is AP, and with AK ramping up so high, wouldn't take too long to get to a decent concord level. Moreover, there really isn't any RNG involved in AP farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Can't speak for the guy you're replying too, but if legendary's were taking out of Legion, I feel that 7.3 would be pretty newcomer friendly. It's really easy to get up to about 920 these days (so about 915 without legendary's) and that's just from doing Argus stuff. The only thing you would have to worry about is AP, and with AK ramping up so high, wouldn't take too long to get to a decent concord level. Moreover, there really isn't any RNG involved in AP farming.
    Yeah, definitely. Without legendaries it would be quite new player/alt friendly(I'd argue AP/Crucible are also not very friendly to new characters, but nowhere near as bad as legendaries)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I would agree with that. All you'd actually have to RNG into was set bonuses, which as far as I am concerned is still just as required as they always were. That would be a decent solution. Any form of legendary catchup would probably even the playing field significantly too.

The Archimonde upgrades were also a terrible idea, but not as bad as Legion, because once again you had an actual guarantee of progress towards that specific "legendary", in Legion you don't.
    Remember where I said every incarnation of the legendary system has been dumpster tier?

Anyway, it's gonna be a matter of opinions vs assholes, because more is better, imo. Pandaria and WoD's system were just as obnoxious as this. Pre MoP, it was worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember where I said every incarnation of the legendary system has been dumpster tier?

Anyway, it's gonna be a matter of opinions vs assholes, because more is better, imo. Pandaria and WoD's system were just as obnoxious as this. Pre MoP, it was worse.