Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's not answering my question.
    You cant have an answer if you have fake ins and outs

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You cant have an answer if you have fake ins and outs
    I'm not having anything. Whether I care or not is irrelevant to me asking you when I ever claimed that the trend doesn't affect me, rather than the game itself.

If you can't answer that, then stop trying to bait answers. I already agreed the trend itself does affect other games, and that should be the end of it, but you seem hellbent on continuing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not having anything. Whether I care or not is irrelevant to me asking you when I ever claimed that the trend doesn't affect me, rather than the game itself.
    The game makes the trend that factors into development of other games you buy.

The game makes the trend that factors into development of other games you buy.
    Re-read my edit, and yet again, never claimed it didn't, hence why I'm saying "Show where I claimed that".

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-read my edit, and yet again, never claimed it didn't, hence why I'm saying "Show where I claimed that".
    Not trying to bait anything.

Not trying to bait anything.
    Then why continue to insist something when I already agreed, and flat out stated "I didn't mean in the way you're taking that" from the first post basically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just because someone starts doing something they enjoy as a hobby doesn't mean they shouldn't turn it into a source of income if they want to. No one starts doing art to make money. Almost always people start being artists as a hobby because its fun, and then decide to turn that into a career later.

Same should go for ANY hobby. If you want to make it your living, you can. Look at Etsy. Lots of people who starting making shit as a hobby first, like say you wanted to make knitted pillows. You did it for fun. But guess what, there might be a market for knitted pillows. Now you can make money.

Why do the people who spend hours on mods not deserve $ if the base game developer allows it?
    Yes, and the way you turn modding into a career is by putting your shit into a portfolio, and using it to apply for game development positions, or do mosd on comission from other players, the exact way it works for artists turning theirs into a career, they either work commissions or they put their hobby work into a portfolio and use it to apply for artist positions.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-20 at 09:40 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account

yes, and that's part of why I won't touch it. I won't spend days on end complaining about it either, because it doesn't affect me, but LoL is ridiculously expensive to get into. Compare that to something like Smite, that you can just pay a flat fee of $30-40 and have all characters that will ever be released, it's just a bit gross to me that LoL would rather just sell boost items.
    I mean you did say it.

I mean you did say it.
    No, that was you misinterpreting my post, to which I clarified after you pointed it out-

I'm not talking in some grand statements of economy/trends.

I'm just saying what happens in LoL specifically does not affect me, because I don't care for it, so I won't waste my time talking about it and why I hate it.
    From there, it really should have been a simple "oh okay", but you continue to insist on it for some reason, rather than accepting it was just a misunderstanding...which would be baiting a response to which I have no idea what you think I was going to say.

League, itself, as a game, does not affect me. Much like if you never played Pokemon, it wouldn't affect YOU if the next generation of pokemon was the worst one to come out.

I mean you did say it.
    ...and this is why I threw up my hands and said fuck it.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that was you misinterpreting my post, to which I clarified after you pointed it out-

From there, it really should have been a simple "oh okay", but you continue to insist on it for some reason, rather than accepting it was just a misunderstanding...which would be baiting a response to which I have no idea what you think I was going to say.

League, itself, as a game, does not affect me. Much like if you never played Pokemon, it wouldn't affect YOU if the next generation of pokemon was the worst one to come out.
    You made a lot of outs for yourself. I simply told you a fact, I am glad I changed your view

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    ...and this is why I threw up my hands and said fuck it.
    because you both decide to read things in your ways, misinterpret, and then when it's explained still insist "Well no, it clearly means this!"?

If you misunderstood something, and the person tells you "no, I meant it this way, I agree the trend itself does affect other games, but the game itself doesn't affect me", you're still going to insist "NO, THAT'S CLEARLY NOT WHAT YOU MEANT"?

how is that logical

You made a lot of outs for yourself. I simply told you a fact, I am glad I changed your view
    You didn't change anything, I literally said right from the start that I'm not denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Console "gamers" happened.
    Lol ok. Because consoles introduced "greenlit games" and "early access" and "go fund me to play my game" things. Oh wait that was PC

Shortly after it was successful on PC it started cropping up everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    because you both decide to read things in your ways, misinterpret, and then when it's explained still insist "Well no, it clearly means this!"?

If you misunderstood something, and the person tells you "no, I meant it this way, I agree the trend itself does affect other games, but the game itself doesn't affect me", you're still going to insist "NO, THAT'S CLEARLY NOT WHAT YOU MEANT"?

how is that logical

You didn't change anything, I literally said right from the start that I'm not denying that.
    if the trend created by a game affects you, the game affects you.

Deleted
    This is very basic economics. It's the market adjusting to the people who are paying for it. So, ofcourse, you should blame the customers, not the company satisfying the apparent customer needs. I for one am just skipping the games who do this shit, and in my world the gaming industry is changing, but not as much as in yours. Because you're the same target audience they're catering to, yet you do know that it's unhealthy for the market eventually to buy into this behavior from companies.

if the trend created by a game affects you, the game affects you.
    And I literally agreed with that the very next post.

So you claiming "you changed my view" is....probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen.

And you continuing to insist this is also ridiculous, since I flat out said "I'm not talking trends" in the very next post
    You tried to move goalposts almost immediately, and I clarified for you, whether it was intentional or not. If you want to continue to insist that, by all means, continue. Just realize, you're being nitpicky as hell when someone already clarified a misunderstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I literally agreed with that the very next post.

So you claiming "you changed my view" is....probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen.

And you continuing to insist this is also ridiculous, since I flat out said "I'm not talking trends" in the very next post
    You tried to move goalposts almost immediately, and I clarified for you, whether it was intentional or not. If you want to continue to insist that, by all means, continue. Just realize, you're being nitpicky as hell when someone already clarified a misunderstanding.
    I didnt move anything, You cant separate the games and the trends they create.

I didnt move anything, You cant separate the games and the trends they create.
    Yeah, you can, when you're not even talking about trends in the first place.

I can state perfectly fine that if the next CoD sucks horribly, it doesn't affect me.
    I can then from there say "but if it still sells extremely well, that's going to affect the trend of not putting in much effort".

They're not contradictory. The game itself is different than the trend it creates, and if they can be discussed separately, then their influence on me can be too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you can, when you're not even talking about trends in the first place.

I can state perfectly fine that if the next CoD sucks horribly, it doesn't affect me.
    I can then from there say "but if it still sells extremely well, that's going to affect the trend of not putting in much effort".

They're not contradictory. The game itself is different than the trend it creates, and if they can be discussed separately, then their influence on me can be too.
    What the hell is happening with the video-game market?
    You might be in the wrong thread.

I disagree, because you not buying COD is fine, but how many shooters are super similar to COD now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post

• Full games are being torn apart to be released in small chunks;
    • Expansion Packs became small DLC content that costs just as much;
    • Paid skins in free games became gambling microtransactions in PAID GAMES;
    • Don't even get me started in Season Passes (Paying for the "promise" of future content, that sometimes takes a long, long time to be released);
    • Triple-A games and companies going to Early Access;
    • EARLY FUCKING ACCESS;
    • Paying to participate in a Beta Game (Quake: Champions is an example of this);
    • Lack of creativity in the triple-A department, leading to that "Deja vu"(I've already played this!) feeling in various games;
    • Indie gaming suffering from a lot of problems as well (used to be a cool market, but greed is making it slowly degrade as well);
    • Kickstarter leading to a lot of failures and bad games;
    • Companies being shady as fuck (Warner Bros with the death of its employee;
    • Charging for MODS. MODS, for fuck sake.
    • Asset Flippers stealing games and assets to flood online stores with shitty games;
    1. Games of old took months or less to make. Now they can take 5+ years if big enough. GTA Vice City was created in like, 6 months? Even a terrible triple A game takes a year and thats with massive over time.

2. People want to get more out of their game. They will pay ridiculous prices for terrible content.

3. I don't see the problem as long as its cosmetic. Sure, weak willed people will spend a lot, but to be honest this is like calling a store shady for selling sweets at the checkout.

4. Some of these don't turn out so bad. The Witcher 3s season pass is a prime example of that. You got discounted quality content, you just paid for it earlier. Is it more likely that A: The company is being shady and knows it won't deliver, or B: The company strongly believes it will, then higher ups crunch down on development when its too late? Still - just don't buy these things. The bonuses are always non existent or terrible.

5. Tbh I don't play much triple A games, i stick to MMOs for 5+ years at a time. I haven't really heard of that happening, perhaps a beta weekend or whatever thats given to preorders.

6. I feel like this is just an example of shit being abused. Minecraft did early access great. It isn't the system itself that is bad, its the developers that throw out a shit product for a price, and ask people to put faith in a product that will never be good. The thing is - its the same bloody people getting into these. Day Z, the War Z, Rust (early days) all dog shit, all early access garbage and people still buy into it. Fool me once, how about fool me a dozen times?

7. If its an actual beta, which to me reads: test version, then yes - thats shitty. But if you're talking about paid demos, then i don't know. I don't have any opinion on this to be honest. I wouldn't buy a demo unless i knew i would like it, and was just impatient for release.

8. People like this shit, believe it or not. Keep in mind the Transformer films are some of the highest grossing films of all time, and all of them are fucking terribly written, non stop action shit fests - in my opinion. Who am I to tell people they shouldn't be happy that a new call of duty is coming out and they get new guns and new maps, when I play GW2 where I get new skins and new maps and love that?

9. People saw minecraft's explosion and are desperately trying to recreate that success. You see this everywhere. Go to youtube and you will see terrible, awful fucking small channels DYING to be big through shady means - go to twitch and you will see people pulling 5 viewers with their tits hanging out, or having professionally done banners and trying to mimic top streamers. Indie in itself practically spells out 'needle in haystack' in terms of quality. Its extremely unlikely that 1 person will develop a fantastic game. It is fairly likely that a triple A company will develop a fantastic game. Putting your stock in Indie devs is retarded, no way around it.

10. Same answer as above. Don't put your stock in indie devs selling promises.

11. ??

12. Who is charging? The mod creator or the game's company? The mod creator, by decent human standards, should be allowed to ask for payment for work. If you mean the games company then yeah, thats shitty.

13. Stock traders are cunts, news at 11. Theres a reason this behaviour is outright banned in some cultures. Its scummy af.