Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    C'thun's chunk of the Black Empire covered most of modern day Kalimdor southeast towards modern day Pandaria. Yogg's land covered all of modern day Northrend and southeast towards the northern tip of modern day Eastern Kingdoms. While their bodies are indeed merely "mountains of flesh" as Chronicle puts it, their tendrils reach a LONG way.

Even if you call them "dead", they really aren't. Like Y'shaaraj their bodies surely have a lasting effect on the areas they controlled in the Black Empire. C'thun is probably inactive, not dead. I'd imagine and immense amount of Titan blood funneled right to him might change that though.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Kaddrak yells: Accessing... Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host--

This is the ONLY bit of Tribunal of Ages where it mentions killing Old Gods will result in Death of Azeroth. But guess what? In Chronicle Vol.1 we're told the Tribunal of Ages contain FALSE information put in by Loken to cover up the crimes he committed.

"Killing me will cause the end of world, so don't kill me!" Sounds like a perfectly reasonable false information to put in it.
    Excising literally means to cut out. We killed them similar to antibodies or antibiotics/retrovirals and as such it worked just fine. Amanthul's method was pretty much just the most brutish way to do it. That would be like ripping a tape worm out of someone's anus while reaching your fist in there to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    C'thun's chunk of the Black Empire covered most of modern day Kalimdor southeast towards modern day Pandaria. Yogg's land covered all of modern day Northrend and southeast towards the northern tip of modern day Eastern Kingdoms. While their bodies are indeed merely "mountains of flesh" as Chronicle puts it, their tendrils reach a LONG way.

Even if you call them "dead", they really aren't. Like Y'shaaraj their bodies surely have a lasting effect on the areas they controlled in the Black Empire. C'thun is probably inactive, not dead. I'd imagine and immense amount of Titan blood funneled right to him might change that though.
    Cthun and Yogg are dead. We attacked their vital organs essentially. That's like saying "hey guise I know you shot me in the head, but I have all of this other body to use so I'm ok"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    From what I gather: We kill Argus, Sargeras appears and as the portal between Argus and Azeroth is closing he stabs Azeroth?

Am I missing something?
    I think you're missing the part that there is no portal first of all. Argus is there in the sky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Cthun and Yogg are dead. We attacked their vital organs essentially. That's like saying "hey guise I know you shot me in the head, but I have all of this other body to use so I'm ok"
    You say that like people we have killed before never came back...

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    You say that like people we have killed before never came back...
    Ok? They're implying they were never dead. They were killed and they are dead still. They're not going to just "come back" as most if not all reanimations in game have had someone else powering it not the person/thing that died. There's also no precedent that titan blood reanimates anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda easy to see that Sargeras indeed stabs Azeroth, I mean, look at the shape, matches very well with how a sword is shaped. Can't wait to see the cinematic
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Ok? They're implying they were never dead. They were killed and they are dead still. They're not going to just "come back" as most if not all reanimations in game have had someone else powering it not the person/thing that died. There's also no precedent that titan blood reanimates anything.
    It's almost like there is another old god out there who could have the capability of reviving his "dead" brothers!

There is also nothing so far that says C'thun or Yogg actually died, only that we defeated physical manifestations. Unless you have some form of proof of them well and truly dieing on all planes of existence, including those beyond mortal comprehension.

"Sands... soaked in pain. Rivers... rivers of blood.
    Skies aflame. A sword... in the darkness... the wound... burning... "

This is from the Magni scenario. Now we know what that's about.

With the rivers of blood reference, and npcs also talking about the blood of azeroth, it seems like it's going to be very important to the plot.

"Her heart is a crater, we have filled it"

(blade wound obviously)

"At the Hour of her Third death, she ushers in our coming"

(Sundering/Cataclysm/Stabbing = Cthun's prison breaking)

Thats what I got from the spoilers anyways

The threat for the new expansion better be massive. To the point where it would even beat the Legion and scourge in the threat lv chart. Hoping to see some ancient horrors from the deep. Maybe a huge army of super aqir or evolved faceless ones 2.0.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If Sargeras stabbed Azeroth where Sithilus is, wouldn't it be enough to kill C'thun as well?
    I think its important to note that the old gods are based on cthulian mythos things. They are suppose to be beyond our comprehension

Its an unfounded assumption that old gods and void beings being killed is detrimental to their existence."they do not live. They do not die. They are outside the cycle"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Looks like C'thun fully awakened and broke out from Silithus. The map looks like the shape of his eye. He deserves to make a make a comeback, as he felt a bit underwhelming compared to Yogg-Saron. Back in vanilla WoW a lot of players did not fully understand yet what and who the old gods were.
    What about a Cthun final boss xpac. Infinite dragonflight second tier. Chogall resurrected again??? Cthun fully revived from the fresh titan blood. Stronger than before even because of it. Strongest threat we have ever faced. We haven't literally fought Sargeras. Maybe underground zones? Azeroth revamp? Lots of possible scenarios from this lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new rift in Azeroth, it honestly reminds of the "Here's Johnny" clip...

C'Thun or the other Old Gods can pop out of the rift with corruption, then the people would be scared.
    It could be a good expansion with the Nazjatar Empire/ and the Old Gods combined for enemies after Legion.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    The threat for the new expansion better be massive. To the point where it would even beat the Legion and scourge in the threat lv chart. Hoping to see some ancient horrors from the deep. Maybe a huge army of super aqir or evolved faceless ones 2.0.
    To be frank. With cthun he was a scary entity worshiped by a cult.

In northend we discovered that there where multiple old gods and they could spread their influence.

In cataclysm they used that influence to control deathwing and the elements.

This could be them in full force. Full blown 100%eldritch abomination.

Look at the hearthstone expansion for details
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

The Dark Below finally lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The Dark Below finally lol
    Well hopefully we will get more Nazjatar Empire and more different sea, ocean, and other deep sea creatures Blizzard can create with the Old Gods corrupting different things too like the wildlife, humanoid creatures, and beasts too become something like a infected thing with Old Gods.
    Kinda like that HearthStone Expansion: Whispers of the Old Gods. <3
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well hopefully we will get more Nazjatar Empire and more different sea, ocean, and other deep sea creatures Blizzard can create with the Old Gods corrupting different things too like the wildlife, humanoid creatures, and beasts too become something like a infected thing with Old Gods.
    Kinda like that HearthStone Expansion: Whispers of the Old Gods. <3
    And good grief hopefully finally the Azjol-Nerub raid !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed.

Where's @Mehrunes, @anaxie and the rest of the "the old gods are dead and never coming back only N'zoth is left" choir?

- - - Updated - - -

An expansion concept I made is 5% into happening!

Deleted
    Rather than cleaving the planet in twain, it looks like Sargeras in a final act of madness stabs it with his sword? Hence the sword gash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If Sargeras stabbed Azeroth where Sithilus is, wouldn't it be enough to kill C'thun as well?
    The C'thun entity is way down into the planet, what we fight in AQ40 is like of one his fingers who made it to the surface

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Her heart is a crater and we have filled it
    Oh shit. It's happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be so, so happy. C'mon nerubians! C'mon black empire!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8