Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    With how this thread is going, people are mainly asking for the Old Gods to return or speculation of them returning, and they are excited, I wonder if Blizzard actually take note of what the community wants and not just go completely south?

I sometimes wonder if Blizzard do this so people datamine this stuff, see what the community wants/thinks, and then goes and actually finishes the project...A very high percentage of the community managed to actually guess Legion, but then again, WoD kinda easily shown that..
    The next expansion has been in development for more than a year, how we react to this will hardly change the course of the story.

At most it could make them think twice about the second or third major patch.

Deleted
    I'm so excited, I hope they will give a lot of details at BlizzCon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    That's you headcanon never confirmed by Blizzard sources.
    So where's the massive wound left by C'Thun and Yogg? Old Gods have infected the Titan spirit inside Azeroth so much that killing them would cause massive damage to her. And given that Yogg is active in Ulduar as we learned from the pre-expansion questing, that's a pretty good Blizzard source.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    So where's the massive wound left by C'Thun and Yogg? Old Gods have infected the Titan spirit inside Azeroth so much that killing them would cause massive damage to her. And given that Yogg is active in Ulduar as we learned from the pre-expansion questing, that's a pretty good Blizzard source.
    Y'shaar only left a wound behind because aman'thul ripped him out of the bloody planet.
    And yogg isnt active, those are echoes in ulduar.

Formerly known as Arafal

With how this thread is going, people are mainly asking for the Old Gods to return or speculation of them returning, and they are excited, I wonder if Blizzard actually take note of what the community wants and not just go completely south?

I sometimes wonder if Blizzard do this so people datamine this stuff, see what the community wants/thinks, and then goes and actually finishes the project...A very high percentage of the community managed to actually guess Legion, but then again, WoD kinda easily shown that..
    The hints of the Old Gods being the center of the next expansion goes back to Emerald Nightmare. This is not some new development.

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.
    To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.
    From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
    Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.
    Speaking of which. Could 'her third death' be Azeroth herself?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It's in a this god damn thread already, on a third page
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fV...outu.be&t=2017
    You DO realise what you just linked was a guy asking who the next old god is right? and no one there AT ALL said that C'thun or Yogg'Saron are dead? yeah?

Please, do provide an actual source.

I am so glad it will turn into kinda Phyric victory.

Us stomping Legion invasion that easily was just going to be too ridiculous to believe.

You don't fuck with Sargeras and come out unscratched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Silithus is a bit far from Azjol-Nerub unfortunately - so the wound couldn't really grant access to that kingdom anymore than the various rifts in Northrend would. It is probably one of the worst places to get stabbed for the world-soul, though - taking the Old God C'Thun's blight on the land of Silithus as a topical infection and allowing it to seep deep into the bloodstream of Azeroth and poison its internal systems.

Also, it seems Azeroth is herself prophetic given the "dreams" she communicates to Magni about "blood in the sands" and "the wound, burning." It seems the world-soul saw this happening well before it actually occurs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The wound seems to take place in the other extreme of the map... UNLESS it pokes all the way through and we get the "other side of azeroth" expansion O_O. I must say it seems silly that the wound would be limited to a single area, is Sargeras fighting with a Toothpick now? I thought he got to cleave planets in half.
    Lol, it sounds like a scene from cartoons when one jumps into a hole and goes out in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    In the words of Prophet Skeram: PREPARE... for the return of the ancient ones!
    Ancient One is an actual card in Hearthstone. The lore is that it was a very powerful general of the Old Gods that has been vanquished at some point but can return if there's enough of his blood to combine. https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Ancient_One

Could someone post the most important info from the VOs, please? Short summary behind spoiler tags.

Deleted
    The hints of the Old Gods being the center of the next expansion goes back to Emerald Nightmare. This is not some new development.
    Very true, but , it can easily be turned just like blizzard usually does, they have even deleted previous lore in WoW just to fit in something else to let it make sense, wouldn't put it past them again to just do it again :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when the Old Gods are forcefully removed from the planet (e.g. Y'shaarj being ripped out) does the planet get hurt. This is how the Well of Eternity came into existence, and its waters are made of the lifeblood of Azeroth's nascent Titan.
    We can hear Yogg's whispers during the Magni scenario in Ulduar, but we can't tell for certain if he's back. At least not to his full strength.

We can continue on with the whole "They're dead/alive" debate, but Blizzard ultimately decides. Let's just see what they're setting up. It might not even involve the Old Gods at all, and Sargeras' sword stabbing Silithus might be a coincidence or accident.

Deleted
    Now is the best time to bring Lieuntenant General Andorov and his mates.

Never has the quote "if it bleeds, we can kill it" been more appropriate!

These patches take months and a ton of money to produce.

They can't "just go south with it" in order to "surprise their audience"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    These patches take months and a ton of money to produce.

They can't "just go south with it" in order to "surprise their audience"...
    Well it looked like they did when WOTLK was being produced, in PTRS etc there was a massive raid about the nerubian lore everyone was excited about, and then BAM, we get a Naxxramas remake all of a sudden, it does happen, WOTLK was supposed to have in-flight combat aswell which never happened, which was even on the cover of the expansion pack saying that you can do this, wonder how much money they put into that before suddenly deciding it wasn't a good raid/combat system ?

It can happen is all I am saying.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Potential Spoilers:

The new 7.3.2 patch notes make mention of a new map possibly for a scenario “Silithus: The Wound” this naturally brings to mind C’Thun and AQ.

Could we finally be seeing confirmation we have not “killed” the old gods like we believed? Could perhaps C’Thun, after being weakened and granting strength/blessing/extra eyeballs to Cho’Gall in Cata, be making his full emergence from the ground and breaking free of his prison in full totality.

Could we be getting a few new zones in the next expansion and a few of the more “old god zones” like ulduar/storm peaks and Silithus getting a revamp with the old god buried there bursting out or something similar.

“The Wound” seems to imply that Azeroth is hurt somehow. Could then rumours of sargeras being involved in the final raid/ announced at bliss on as the last boss of the expansion but kept hidden this whole time involve him perhaps throwing his (broken) sword at Azeroth in a final act of insanity hurting Azeroth in the process?

Thoughts....discussion....
    THe Vindicaar crashes into Silithus I heard. Sargeras slaps the sword into Azeroth there is another but either goes there, which is interesting.
    Another thing is Cho'Gall was trying to resurrect the Old God, whether it was similar to the whole demon ethos of basically everntually being regenerated or was in a statis of death or dead entirely is unknown at this point... But judging from what Khadgar gests at... I think the blood will rebirth C'Thun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TurnUndead View Post
    "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."
    If you go to the Well of Eternity, the banner of Azshara is a circle of stars.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-21 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    Anyways I would suggest lets try to minimize the scar with the help of Wrathion our earthwarden descedant "friend". Then have Khadgar land dalaran on top of the remaining hole: We get rid of dala as a flying hub for the expansions to come and all the mages happy to sit on top of an arcane fountain. Everyone happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Anyways I would suggest lets try to minimize the scar with the help of Wrathion our earthwarden descedant "friend". Then have Khadgar land dalaran on top of the remaining hole: We get rid of dala as a flying hub for the expansions to come and all the mages happy to sit on top of an arcane fountain. Everyone happy!
    Are you suggesting that Dalaran pugs the hole? That would be weirdly awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeliste View Post
    are you suggesting that dalaran pugs the hole? That would be weirdly awesome.
    exactly how i picture it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    exactly how i picture it.
    That would be kinda cool and then Silithus transforms into a decent place because though the sands idea was all and such... It didn't have such a strong identity or better yet, a good atmosphere since it's such a juvenile place in terms of the life span development the game has seen.