Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Is it just me, or were blood elves now retconned to being immortal?

everyone is immortal now!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Is it just me, or were blood elves now retconned to being immortal?

everyone is immortal now!
    Don't overlook the keyword. The well seems to be the reason they could still get thousands of years old.

The elves of Silvermoon had the Sunwell and, thus, something akin to immortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Don't overlook the keyword. The well seems to be the reason they could still get thousands of years old.
    liadrin also mentions the Army of light Eredar are as long lived as the elves. Maybe she's just dumb.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

liadrin also mentions the Army of light Eredar are as long lived as the elves. Maybe she's just dumb.
    Or it really is a retcon, and with the well being a mixture of both light and arcane there is a good chance they live even longer now. It would also explain the draenei lifespan, since they were also blessed, but not to the extent of the army of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Doesn't make it any less canon, also gameplay > lore in wow according to the devs.
    Lore>Lore? Every instance in the TN we've had is canonical and in lore. So yes it can easily make it shitty ass bad canon that needs to stop being spouted by the lore devs since they clearly don't know their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    We've been in the TN several times in game and lore and have NOT experienced this.
    I'm pretty sure they implied that it's not because they're in the Twisting Nether, but because of where they are in the Twisting Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well at least we know for certain where her journey will take her.

Lothraxion spoke up. "I have known darkness, Alleria. I have seen lost creatures. You are not one of
    them. You have not crossed the threshold."
    "I will, one day," she said simply.
    I don't know, the ones who don't mind / care about crossing thresholds usually don't become antagonists nowadays, or at least, not for long.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Cmon Blizz you used to be a leader in fantasy storytelling
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA...

*inhales*

PFFFAHAHAHAHAHA

their lore has never been original. much like their game play, they take from what's already been established and try to make it their own. stories like star wars and harry potter are re-tellings of ancient mythology, translated for a modern audience. i don't think blizzard understands this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I don't know, the ones who don't mind / care about crossing thresholds usually don't become antagonists nowadays, or at least, not for long.
    Well we are talking about the void, nothing has ever truly withstood it forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Chen View Post
    their lore has never been original. much like their game play, they take from what's already been established and try to make it their own. stories like star wars and harry potter are re-tellings of ancient mythology, translated for a modern audience. i don't think blizzard understands this concept.
    So blizzard takes established stories and makes it their own. But they don't understand the concept of taking established stories and making it their own? Okay. I think the following is the best response to your comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Chen View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA... *inhales* PFFFAHAHAHAHAHA
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They explained Alleria is a high elf that is immortal because of the sunwell, but she doesn't have access to it and is light years away and the sunwell she knew was destroyed. She was never really infused with the light like Turalyon so where does her immortality come from? I understand elves live longer but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    They explained Alleria is a high elf that is immortal because of the sunwell, but she doesn't have access to it and the sunwell was destroyed. She was never really infused with the light like Turalyon so where does her immortality come from?
    plot convenience. Or just the lifespan of the person is rooted where they were born. Or maybe she lived long enough to feel the sunwell come back on. Unless she never knew it was gone, because if she did she would have started hyperventilating when she realized something happened.

OT I cannot wait for her absolute mind breaking gibbering melt down when she sees what happened to Quel'thalas.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-09-21 at 11:19 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So blizzard takes established stories and makes it their own. But they don't understand the concept of taking established stories and making it their own? Okay. I think the following is the best response to your comment
    I said they try to. They fail miserably.

I thought the army of xera was fighting for a thousand years, and that aler/tura joined them some 30ish years ago?

Im not subbed currently so i got shaky info but i understood aler/tura were fighting in normal time since outland - no time travel/warping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    They explained Alleria is a high elf that is immortal because of the sunwell, but she doesn't have access to it and is light years away and the sunwell she knew was destroyed. She was never really infused with the light like Turalyon so where does her immortality come from? I understand elves live longer but still.
    Because she's pretty (but not as pretty as Sylvanas). Anasterian ruled for 2800 years and was decrepit. Alleria fought in the Troll Wars 2800 years ago, but she's still hot. Now she's even a thousand years older than that... still hot. Anasterian must have been born as an old elf or something.

Deleted
    Its not a matter of time, its sloppy writing because they reference something that should not exist, wont exist and will not exist at the time of the dark portal exploding

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Maybe because they weren't born a thousand years ago? How can someone born within 50 years have been living for a thousand years without nether time shenanigans?
    Told you so.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Anasterian must have been born as an old elf or something.
    That's the Windrunner gene I tell you!
    It makes you young but you also lust after human males, you get erratic thinking and gives you bad parenting
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    That's the Windrunner gene I tell you!
    It makes you young but you also lust after human males, you get erratic thinking and gives you bad parenting
    I guess the only good thing is that all the windrunner men are dead, so the family name will die out.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the only good thing is that all the windrunner men are dead, so the family name will die out.
    Arator is called Arator Windrunner in the UVG.