Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, Sargeras was the Pantheon's champion so he was probably the strongest among them in combat ability. Then he gets super infused with fel when he cracked open Marduun, which the Titans are very vulnerable to. It's possible Argus had the potential to be stronger than Sargeras, cause Azeroth is the same way.
    He likely is, or at least almost at that peak. Remember, Argus' WORLD SOUL has been tortured and fucked up by the Fel for ages now. At this rate, Fel Magics might not even affect him.

Also, OP, Argus is NOT in Avatar form when we fight him. He might just be the only Titan that can change sizes. Likely the reason for as to why the Titan's found Azeroth first, and not Argus. Argus might've had cloaking feats not even the Pantheon could notice. Hell, even when Sargeras WENT to Argus, he didn't know that a Titan was in it, until the very last second. Hell, Sargeras thought this Titan to be SO useful, that not only did he use his might to help him with his infinite army, but he's pretty much Sargeras' Ace in the Hole card.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    At full power Argus the Unmaker could unmake the rest of the realities including the void and light.
    I'm skeptical of that. Argus is ultimately a subset of the laws that made him. His powers rely on those laws to function. The Light and Shadow are the penultimate powers from which all other powers came from.

I could see him able to destroy worlds, but not the structure of the multiverse. He would have needed to come out of something that existed beyond Light and Shadow.

Unless I see a source for the assertion, I find it hard to believe.

He just went full retard. Please don't go full retard. We were having such a nice discussion.
    Who? Me? Or OP?! D:

- - - Updated - - -

True, he could be unique. Perhaps that's why the Pantheon didn't find him but found Azeroth. Did you ever play SC1? Imagine demons regeneration in the nether like queueing up a bunch of marines at your barracks. Now consider Argus to be the cheat code for super fast building. There's a ton of them, and they seem endless when they get regenerated so quickly and are back on the battle. Very demoralizing, to think you're up against an enemy that is endless. Less so when you know they can simply replace themselves very quickly. It's a psych thing.
    I laughed at this post, cause I can relate with it so much. Man, SC1 memories...uggghhh...

POWAH LEVELS as i see them:

1. Void Lords in void dimension
    2. Sargeras
    3. Titans of all kinds (Argus included)
    4. Old Gods
    5. KJ and Archimonde after fully buffed by sargy and their own quests for power

From that point on all the other characters are SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than them.
    Obviously death wing, arthas, azshara and others are extremely powerful but i do not think any of them are even remotely as powerful as the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    POWAH LEVELS as i see them:

1. Void Lords in void dimension
    2. Sargeras
    3. Titans and their Pantheon collective
    4. Old Gods
    5. KJ and Archimonde after fully buffed by sargy and their own quests for power

From that point on all the other characters are SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than them.
    Obviously death wing, arthas, azshara and others are extremely powerful but i do not think any of them are even remotely as powerful as the 5 above.
    What about the Players? -_-

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres a lot of disagreement with arthas being put in 2nd place, but remember, hes the only boss in the game so far who succeeded in killing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    What about the Players? -_-
    Players are ants that need to swarm big enemies and even then we need help from other big powerful creatures like aspects and titan watchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Players are ants that need to swarm big enemies and even then we need help from other big powerful creatures like aspects and titan watchers.
    HEY NOW, SIR....

I am the Highlord of the Silverhand, and I KILLED a Titan. Sure, I got aid from the Pantheon, but I DID MOST OF THE WORK!

FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    Theres a lot of disagreement with arthas being put in 2nd place, but remember, hes the only boss in the game so far who succeeded in killing everyone.
    Exactly people don't give the one true king enough love. And we must also remember he did it without trying. Archimonde, deathwing, kil'jaeden all were trying and couldn't do it. But non of that matters as Argus the Unmaker could just unmake them. In the 7.3.2 raid. He unmakes the raid until Elonar managed to return us. And we had all the pantheon's help. Athus the Unmaker is by far the most powerful thing in existence. I believe at full power, theres nothing he can't unmake.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Exactly people don't give the one true king enough love. And we must also remember he did it without trying. Archimonde, deathwing, kil'jaeden all were trying and couldn't do it. But non of that matters as Argus the Unmaker could just unmake them. In the 7.3.2 raid. He unmakes the raid until Elonar managed to return us. And we had all the pantheon's help. Athus the Unmaker is by far the most powerful thing in existence. I believe at full power, theres nothing he can't unmake.
    And that's why he's Unique, and can change his size.

I do agree with you on the Argus thing. But, remember, about Arthas, we were all by ourselves when we fought him, and it required the Ashbringer ONLY to break Frostmourne. Sure, Deathwing didn't have a insta kill attack, nor did Garrosh (Even though we weren't much stronger than we were against the LK during that time), but that doesn't really matter when it required a TITAN Relic and the Dragon Aspects power/Immortality to defeat Deathwing.

In my mind, I think this:

Deathwing > Lei'shen (AT HIS PRIME) > The Lich King >>>> MoP Lei-shen >> Garrosh.

Argus the Unmaker is stronger than Sargeras. The Unmaker is only a Avatar and could already unmake the mutiverse. Sargeras's avatar got best by a guardian so Argus > Sargeras > Argus the Unmaker > Sargeras' Avatar.

The titans cannot change their size otherwise they could had best the old gods without ripping them out of existence.

Argus the Unmaker unmakes Sargeras. At full power Argus the Unmaker could unmake the rest of the realities including the void and light.
    The Argus we face is not an avatar, but the actual titan himself.

Hence why we get aid from the other titans, who are in avatar like bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    The Argus we face is not an avatar, but the actual titan himself.

Hence why we get aid from the other titans, who are in avatar like bodies.
    Those are their spirits, not Avatar like bodies.

However, you are right about the Rest.

Deathwing can actually 1 shot us. In fact, he attempts to do that in the madness encounter. However we cut off his hands and wings, which interrupts him. In fact, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden could've done it as well. Just because they don't doesn't mean they can't.

It is up to blizzard to determine what they do in their encounters. You can't really take boss mechanics as a reference for a characters strength

- - - Updated - - -

Those are their spirits, not Avatar like bodies.

However, you are right about the Rest.
    We free the titans during the Coven encounter (with Eonar and Aggramar in separate encounters). They seem to be in avatar like bodies, given their models

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    That's only because our backup went afk for the entire fight. Had the aspects and thrall done that, we would've died. Had the red dragons not save us, malygos would've killed us all. Kil'Jaeden would've killed us in the sunwell without the dragon, sinestra without Valen, archimond without yrel destroying the pillars, firelord without malfurion and company etc etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    That's only because our backup went afk for the entire fight. Had the aspects and thrall done that, we would've died. Had the red dragons not save us, malygos would've killed us all. Kil'Jaeden would've killed us in the sunwell without the dragon, sinestra without Valen, archimond without yrel destroying the pillars, firelord without malfurion and company etc etc....
    And yet arthas was able to incapacitate tirion in a block of ice to stop that from happening long enough to kill us all, something the other powerful enemies just couldn't do when they had other powerful characters aiding us.

Deleted
    If we want to make a real list (including those we didn't face yet, and one that died, but still made a small cameo in mop as body part).

1. Azeroth titan
    (described everywhere as the only titan that could even defeat the void lords themselves and far greater than any titan they've ever encountered).

2T. Void Lords
    2T. Elune (her kind are most likely the direct opposite of the void lords, thus tied).

4. Sargeras

5. Argus

6. Aggramar (in his potato Antorus form)

7. Yshaarj

8. Yogg-Saron

9. Deathwing

10. Lei Shen

- - - Updated - - -

Argus the Unmaker is stronger than Sargeras. The Unmaker is only a Avatar and could already unmake the mutiverse. Sargeras's avatar got best by a guardian so Argus > Sargeras > Argus the Unmaker > Sargeras' Avatar.

The titans cannot change their size otherwise they could had best the old gods without ripping them out of existence.

Argus the Unmaker unmakes Sargeras. At full power Argus the Unmaker could unmake the rest of the realities including the void and light.
    The unmaker does not mean he can unmake the multiverse, that is nowhere mentioned. Unmaker stands for that when he's posessed by Sargeras... Sargeras can continue devouring planets by slicing them in half, like he has been doing for thousands of years. Sargeras is still stronger than Argus in his full form.

As what Eonar said : The strongest titan they've ever encountered was Azeroth and that her power is most likely strong enough to undo even the void itself, and that she's more powerful than any titan they've ever encountered, including those within the pantheon.

Azeroth > Sargeras > Argus

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    If we want to make a real list (including those we didn't face yet, and one that died, but still made a small cameo in mop as body part).

1. Azeroth titan
    (described everywhere as the only titan that could even defeat the void lords themselves and far greater than any titan they've ever encountered).

2T. Void Lords
    2T. Elune (her kind are most likely the direct opposite of the void lords, thus tied).

4. Sargeras

5. Argus

6. Aggramar (in his potato Antorus form)

7. Yshaarj

8. Yogg-Saron

9. Deathwing

10. Lei Shen

- - - Updated - - -

The unmaker does not mean he can unmake the multiverse, that is nowhere mentioned. Unmaker stands for that when he's posessed by Sargeras... Sargeras can continue devouring planets by slicing them in half, like he has been doing for thousands of years. Sargeras is still stronger than Argus in his full form.

As what Eonar said : The strongest titan they've ever encountered was Azeroth and that her power is most likely strong enough to undo even the void itself, and that she's more powerful than any titan they've ever encountered, including those within the pantheon.

Azeroth > Sargeras > Argus
    Actually, if you read Argus' boss description, it says that he is a guarding a Power that could unmake the Universe.

The power being Argus' Titan, which we fight as the last boss for Antorus.

- - - Updated - - -

In my eyes, Argus is either AS Strong, if not, then a BIT weaker than Sargeras in power. But, that's power alone, not ability.

We'll likely face off against a corrupted Azeroth next Expac. And, if that's the case, then we'll be beyond the Gods by the time we face off against the Void Lords.

Who? Me? Or OP?! D:

- - - Updated - - -

I laughed at this post, cause I can relate with it so much. Man, SC1 memories...uggghhh...
    Yeah, sorry. Meant OP. You should look at his sig.

OT: But yeah, as soon as I read about Argus I immediately thought about SC1. Imagine infinite minerals and a virtually indestructible barracks (the Nether). We kill a bunch of marines, their souls go back to the Barracks, short time later they get rezzed and come back for more. Then Sargeras finds Argus, and it's like plugging in the cheat code. They're rezzed almost as soon as they die, or something to that effect, and get sent right back out again. Legion gets stronger both militarily and psychologically, cause it looks like they're infinite. We players have probably killed the same felguard 50x over the course of our career.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. Kil'jaeden/Archimonde (1 Eredar Warlock in the Prophet's Lesson short story, is so strong, his small ritual broke the entire Planet's crust. Well, in a vision that is).

4. Deathwing (You know why).
    Funny, because the only being to ACTUALLY break Azeroth's crust, and in fact cause a "cataclysm" that literally revamped all the zones in Azeroth was in fact, Mr. Deathwing.

You can argue the well of eternity's explosion thing that caused the continents to separate was more powerful, but that wasn't an actual living creature who did that... Well maybe it was Azeroth's (the Titan) power, but yeah, she's in the Titan league, up there with Argus and is stronger than DW.

My point is, I'd put DW ahead of even Archi/KJ in terms of power. Especially the DW juiced up on Old God power.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Titan Azeroth>Void Lords>Sargeras>Other Titans>Full-grown Old Gods(in Etraeus's vision)>Y'Shaarj>Other Azerothian Old Gods>Madness of Deathwing>Kil'jaeden&Archimonde>Elemental Lords