Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The quote from Chronicle literally begins with "Y'Shaarj was dead" lol
    Well that was from Aman'thul pulling him out of Azerorth, and he was like that was a BIG NO NO...and sealed the other Old Gods too, because they didn't want to destroy them to make Azeroth blow up.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by FlanFran View Post
    Has anyone mentioned what Khadgar says? That anyone and everyone seeking power will go to this scar? Who might we see?
    The Twilight's Hammer, for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The Twilight's Hammer, for one.
    Silithid creatures too with other wildlife etc...
    And probably more stuff etc...
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well that was from Aman'thul pulling him out of Azerorth, and he was like that was a BIG NO NO...and sealed the other Old Gods too, because they didn't want to destroy them to make Azeroth blow up.
    Sure. I'm just pointing out that there's actually 2 statements there saying Y'Shaarj is quite dead and homeboy completely glossed over them.

C'thun? I have no fucking clue, but I hope he isn't cuz he's a bad ass.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    SPOILERS: sargeras impales azeroth with his sword as a final act of vengeance.
    How? Sargeras isnt corporeal. He has no physical form.

Pretty sure whatever is going to come out of Azeroth from that wound is going to be some corrupted black blood void poop as C'Thun corruption is/was literally all over that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Weird how the wound looks like a stab wound then, and Khadgar said Sargeras did it.

??? brains pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    I know that it was said that "Sargeras ceased to be" in the WoTA Triology, but the new (Chronicle and Scepter of Sargeras' text) might have implied otherwise. Regardless if he still had his body or not when Legion (the expansion) started, going by what Khadgar said, Sargeras was at least solid enough to hurt Azeroth.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I know that it was said that "Sargeras ceased to be" in the WoTA Triology, but the new (Chronicle and Scepter of Sargeras' text) might have implied otherwise. Regardless if he still had his body or not when Legion (the expansion) started, going by what Khadgar said, Sargeras was at least solid enough to hurt Azeroth.
    So this would mean the Sargeras that was gonna come through the portal in WotA was still just a avatar?
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    So this would mean the Sargeras that was gonna come through the portal in WotA was still just a avatar?
    No, it was Sargeras himself. The thing is that Chronicle didn't say that Sargeras ceased to be or the portal collapse on him any longer, it said that Sargeras was ripped back into the Nether instead. The Scepter of Sargeras' text also mentioned that after WoTA, when Sargeras planned the next move, he thought that "to serve a titan, such a gateway required an astronomical amount of power, and the most promising source had been destroyed in his last attempt" - that wouldn't make much sense if he already lost his body.

Still, we haven't seen him in person yet, so that was just a possibility. I'm not too certain about that either.

The level of headcanons trying to be passed as actual lore is hilarious. People should keep up, blizzard retcons stuff all the time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yogg-Saron: Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?...action=history

Someone's been having fun altering sources to suit their own headcanon i see?

You might like to do something about good ole yoggy, i don't see you listed here as changing his status yet!

Edit to add: If you want to falsify stuff, you should probably not use accounts with similar user names.
    Last edited by Daevelian; 2017-09-23 at 06:14 AM.

Thats just sad

the state of old god fanon

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

Someone's been having fun altering sources to suit their own headcanon i see?

You might like to do something about good ole yoggy, i don't see you listed here as changing his status yet!

Edit to add: If you want to falsify stuff, you should probably not use accounts with similar user names.
    There isn't anything wrong with correcting a wrong article, though? He has been creating and updating Wowpedia articles since years ago - it's not like he created a new account trying to "falsify stuff" and needed to hide his tracks. You are just having issue with it now since he corrected the one you decided to stick with.

If anything, that'd be an example of why Wowpedia, Wowwiki, or wiki sites in general shouldn't be used as a 100% reliable source. Everyone can edit them and thus, they can be as right (or wrong) as random poster A's opinion. You should use them only as a collection of sources, and check their citation (the [number] part) instead to get the real sources (i.e: 8: ^ a b Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 36-38). If something over there couldn't cite a proper source, it's better not to automatically treat it as fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    There isn't anything wrong with correcting a wrong article, though? He has been creating and updating Wowpedia articles since years ago - it's not like he created a new account trying to "falsify stuff" and needed to hide his tracks. You are just having issue with it now since he corrected the one you decided to stick with.

If anything, that'd be an example of why Wowpedia, Wowwiki, or wiki sites in general shouldn't be used as a 100% reliable source. Everyone can edit them and thus, they can be as right (or wrong) as random poster A's opinion. You should use them only as a collection of sources, and check their citation (the [number] part) instead to get the real sources (i.e: 8: ^ a b Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 36-38). If something over there couldn't cite a proper source, it's better not to automatically treat it as fact.
    Heeeere we go again...

One of the sources he used is invalid according to your own interpretations of valid sources as they use player perspective and the other uses a comic whose entire canonical existence is up in the air as per blizzards own words.

Everyone says that only the guardian thing was non canon, but if you check the actual tweet...

https://twitter.com/Alex_Afrasiabi/s...03852924731392

The question was essentially "is it the whole comicbook series or just Me'dan as guardian?"

Thing is, if you actually read the comics, you would realise that almost the entirety of the comic, especially the finale, DEPENDS on him being guardian. So.... your move?

That said, you are right on the use of wiki sites as sources thing.

1. There are no rules in WoW universe that would prevent someone from being resurrected. Actually we have many cases of 110% dead characters coming back.
    2. C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are DEAD. That doesn't mean being dead is a permanent state.
    3. If Blizzard thinks that it would make a good story, they are going to say that the blood of Azeroth resurrected C'Thun, or that he was regenerating inside the Void / Ny'alotha.

People stop being so BLOODY STUPID! WoW has its own set of rules that is distinct from real life rules. WoW death is EASILY reversible by resurrection.

Heeeere we go again...

One of the sources he used is invalid according to your own interpretations of valid sources as they use player perspective and the other uses a comic whose entire canonical existence is up in the air as per blizzards own words.
    What player perspective are you talking about? The quest text was stated with the omnipresence narrator's words. Neither our words nor any NPC's words. If the quest was from player's perspective, it would have been stated that "Even in death I can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around me" instead of "Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you". I'm pretty sure the player don't have any habit of referring to ourselves as "you".

Everyone says that only the guardian thing was non canon, but if you check the actual tweet...
    https://twitter.com/Alex_Afrasiabi/s...03852924731392
    The question was essentially "is it the whole comicbook series or just Me'dan as guardian?"
    Thing is, if you actually read the comics, you would realise that almost the entirety of the comic, especially the finale, DEPENDS on him being guardian. So.... your move?
    Uh, no. Me'dan stopped being Guardian at the end of the comic. So, Me'dan being Guardian IS non-canon because, well, he isn't the Guardian. Afrasiabi, in the Twitter post you linked, pretty much clarified that he only meant the Me'dan being Guardian bit was non-canon (and not the comics). That was pretty clear to me.

I can understand that you may have issue with what he said, and think he didn't make sense or whatever: you are free to bring it up to him. However, until he changes his mind, what he said in regards to this matter is the fact for us.

Silithus has a red sky. Turalyon dies beneath a red sky. RIP Turalyon.

7+ Year Old Account
    What player perspective are you talking about? The quest text was stated with the omnipresence narrator's words. Neither our words nor any NPC's words. If the quest was from player's perspective, it would have been stated that "Even in death I can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around me" instead of "Even in death you can feel the legacy of C'Thun's evil around you". I'm pretty sure the player don't have any habit of referring to ourselves as "you".
    Have you like, ever played D&D before? Narrating things to the perspective of the character is part and parcel of good DM'ing.

Uh, no. Me'dan stopped being Guardian at the end of the comic. So, Me'dan being Guardian IS non-canon because, well, he isn't the Guardian. Afrasiabi, in the Twitter post you linked, pretty much clarified that he only meant the Me'dan being Guardian bit was non-canon (and not the comics). That was pretty clear to me.

I can understand that you may have issue with what he said, and think he didn't make sense or whatever: you are free to bring it up to him. However, until he changes his mind, what he said in regards to this matter is the fact for us.
    Yes, he gave up his powers at the end, but the events of the story, including AEGWYNN'S DEATH revolve around him gaining said powers, yet according to the "word of god" he never got those powers in the first place?

I guess we will never really know since when Me'dan left at the end of the comics to "journey across the universe" with Atiesh in hand, the same Atiesh that Khadgar wields?. Let's not forget that he apparently reforged Atiesh himself after recovering the base from C'thuns corpse, yet... the argent crusade also canonically prevented Kel'Thuzad from restoring the staff and restored it themselves during the first siege of Naxxramas?

The entire comic's canonicity has been in question for a loooooong time, face it, using it as a valid source right now is nothing short of a joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    What if the middle of the wound is actually Sargeras's sword? The terrain is really undetailed. It's either a pit of fire, or there is gonna be something big there.
    Pretty sure that is the general assumption, though given the shape some assume his spear instead. A sword would be narrower.

I dont think it is, or there would be a giant sword sticking up.