10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Smash DLC was in line with other fighting game DLCs and came out so far past launch that it wasn't cut from the game.
    So

Nintendo is on the DLC train like anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They don't have to do it in a terrible way though. Mk8 had great dlc it was cheap was worth wild and wasn't day 1 or within a month crap.
    Because that was Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Warriors isn't at all (Apparently I was incorrect, and it is 100% the other company).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not forget Nintendo locks hard modes behind DLC, and worse, plastic DLC

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lets not forget Nintendo locks hard modes behind DLC, and worse, plastic DLC
    Which is why I didn't buy their 'expansion pass' despite the Gamestop attempting to foist it upon me. Glad I didn't now seeing the game as rather shallow.

...By the way, long-time poster. Don't let the post-count fool you. MMO-Champion just can't run a basic password-retrieval setup to save their lives and has caused a mess with my prior account as a result. Yay. >:

I really don't know why I use this forum but to be honest, there isn't too many superb gaming forums anyway. That boondoggle with my password was only the tip of the iceberg with my bitches concerning this site. ><

How long does it take to make a musou character?is it like making fighting game characters or is it easier
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    How long does it take to make a musou character?is it like making fighting game characters or is it easier
    depends on how simple they make the character.

If you're talking about Azura they actually admitted she was intended to be in for launch but they had to cut her because the game was feeling too much like Fire emblem "fates and awakening". Which makes zero sense because cutting 1 character didn't make the game feel less like Fates/awakening (people still are complaining about too many fates/awakening characters). If that was their goal they would of cut actual characters nobody really cares about (hi takumi and hinoka) or a character they couldn't get the orginal VA for (Camilla) and they would of cut more than 1 and not re add that one character a month later with a new VA....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So

Nintendo is on the DLC train like anyone else?
    Not really. If Smash was a typical fighting game every female character would have 50 different alternate costumes that all cost $4 each.

$4-6 for characters is more then fair for the amount of work that has to go into single characters in a fighting game.

i honestly wish smash would sell costumes or reskins/remodels of characters.

would be a really nice way of expanding the roster and giving people the characters they want to play as even if said character would be too similar to another one. hopefully smash for the switch will have some
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i honestly wish smash would sell costumes or reskins/remodels of characters.

would be a really nice way of expanding the roster and giving people the characters they want to play as even if said character would be too similar to another one. hopefully smash for the switch will have some
    I wish they'd just re-release it for the Switch already.

There's really no reason to not do so, especially after doing it with MK8.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    It's going to stay. I don't know why this guy (not you) always gets his panties in a bunch when this happens.
    To be honest I'm not fond of it but well times change I guess.

If I think DLC looks good I'll buy it and vice versa. Think the best DLC I bought were the 4 mission packs for Borderlands 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

You got to give Nintendo time to crank up the hamster wheels and manufacture some gamecube controller adapters.

You got to give Nintendo time to crank up the hamster wheels and manufacture some gamecube controller adapters.
    That and decide which fire emblem character to shit out as the exclusive new fighter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    That and decide which fire emblem character to shit out as the exclusive new fighter.
    and which modes to lock behind amiibo like they are in metroid or which modes to lock behind DLC like in Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

I think they did port it, but just like Brawl, it's going to become a base for the next Smash.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/stat...71961610387456

Ultra Street Fighter II outsold physically Marvel v Capcom: Infinite during the latter's launch week in the UK.

A Switch exclusive outsold a PS4, XBO, and PC game during it's launch week in Nintendo's weakest region.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I think they did port it, but just like Brawl, it's going to become a base for the next Smash.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultra Street Fighter II outsold physically Marvel v Capcom: Infinite during the latter's launch week in the UK.

A Switch exclusive outsold a PS4, XBO, and PC game during it's launch week in Nintendo's weakest region.
    A fighting game outsold another fighting game.... I mean good for it but still nothing to be excited about. Fighting game genre feels kinda meh these days other than a select few games.

Way of the Hado mode can still go do one. Such an awful mode. Played it on my Nieces Switch and along with really poor input for attacks the controls are a mess with a Joy Con.

Nice to see you had to get that tiny swipe in though. Not surprised.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And Pokken on Wii U did the same for SFV, Capcom fightan geemu aint what it used to be. Its why the FGC crowd are all getting worked up over DBFZ because its expected to replace it come next EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    And Pokken on Wii U did the same for SFV, Capcom fightan geemu aint what it used to be. Its why the FGC crowd are all getting worked up over DBFZ because its expected to replace it come next EVO.
    To be fair DBFZ does look good. Just hoping it does better than Xenoverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming soon. Gamecube controller adapters for only $50/£40!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair DBFZ does look good. Just hoping it does better than Xenoverse.
    The last time i saw the FGC this excited about a new game was either Blazeblue or skullgirls. While skullgirls kind of died off quick the buzz was still there. With capcoms fighting team devs losing most of their big names through industry brain drain they have pretty infamously been shitting out their last few titles and MvC:I is doubly infamous as the "marvel wants this out before infinity war" game where there are more marvel than capcom characters, all of them are tied into the MCU and most of them are some version of 'just dude/chick with no powers' because marvel are blanking the xmen and fantastic four to spite Fox. This leads to a super bland game where they go "hey look black widow, who just plays like jill valentine but shes not in the MCU so lets just pretend people dont like Resident Evil 3 anymore!" or "look at all these launch characters that are bland and boring, but hey good news folks who wanted a monster hunter for 10+ years! they are in! as paid dlc only!" and so on. I would not be surprised if most people didn't know it released if not for the collectors edition screw ups doing the rounds.

Then you have Fighters Z which the capcom die hard fanboys will keep screeching "b-but its not going to get any support or paid character dlc after!" -which says something about how strong their brand loyalty is to capcom- and the majority dont seem to care. Its a technical hyperfighter for the fgc crowd dissatisfied with a series of bad capcom fighters who dont get what they want from KoFXIV or Tekken 7 and for the casual player its dragonball Z. Pretty much THE ip to snare in casual consumers of fighting games. God knows everyone and their dog who likes DB had the budokai games on ps2 wether they liked fighting games or not.

Which honestly makes me wonder about Xenoverse on the Switch. Every DB diehard i know of got it on PS4 already and are so locked in and excited for DBFZ they have no intentions of buying this again. The trouble then is if it sells poorly do we never see a DBFZ switch port because they assume the interest isnt there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Coming soon. Gamecube controller adapters for only $50/£40!
    Yeah i would be interested to see what happens there. Just yesterday i had enough fun playing Pokken to sell myself on buying it next week. So i looked it up online and they patched the Switch to play with the Wii U Pokken controller. I searched online and they are rereleasing it in another box that says switch and not wii U for £50 but i went on amazon and found a brand new Wii U one for £8 and ordered that. Because theres tens of thousands of them just sitting collecting dust after they were only good for Pokken on the Wii U but on Switch can be used for much more and are basically a Hori pro controller just missing an analogue stick which still makes them great for all the arcade and NEOGEO titles on there. Difference of course is that the gamecube adapter for Wii U is as my grandad used to say 'rare as rocking horse shit' but i would not be surprised if they were no cheap and scalpers aka """collectors""" are ready to snipe em up.

there will be no gamecube adapter

It's going to be the nintendo switch gamecube pro controller only $99
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I know you guys are still pretty bitter, but come on.

Wii U GameCube adapter was like $20, and the GameCube controller remakes were about the same price, $20-30