Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I mean, if we're being inclusive on this issue, then any thread about sexism would be making assumptions about gender.
    your biological sex =/= your gender

I advise you to drop this before you get infracted.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-09-28 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    Stop the moderation talk, please. Also, it's perfectly possible to discuss this topic without blanket-bashing religion as a whole.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-28 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post

Don't be ridiculous, a man can't be a woman and a woman can't be a man.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll never stop disturbing me exactly how many people want to ban the hijab because it's "wrong to force women to dress a certain way", and don't recognize that they're trying to force women to dress a certain way, themselves.

Trying to strip women of clothing they want to wear because you don't feel it's "right" is no better than forcing them to wear clothes they don't want to wear. The rest of us are happy letting women wear whatever the hell they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's creative I give her that :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Especially where those outfits used it as "hair", I think it looks better than some $2 plastic easter-grass wig.

Every argument against the hijab applies to everyone in this thread and how they dress. Just replace islam with culture/christianity/whatever.

What you wear when you go out, go to work, go to wherever... all dictated by something or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Every argument against the hijab applies to everyone in this thread and how they dress. Just replace islam with culture/christianity/whatever.

What you wear when you go out, go to work, go to wherever... all dictated by something or someone else.
    There is absolutely nothing that says I have to wear a t-shirt and shorts when I go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    There is absolutely nothing that says I have to wear a t-shirt and shorts when I go outside.
    But why do you wear what you wear instead of something else? Did you come up with the idea of t-shirt and shorts all by yourself? Or has your culture made you believe its appropriate for you to wear so that's what you wear?
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-09-28 at 09:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post

I don't think those people would like you classifying them by their biological sex

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    But why do you wear what you wear instead of something else? Did you come up with the idea of t-shirt and shorts all by yourself? Or has your culture made you believe its appropriate for you to wear so that's what you wear?
    Because it's pretty warm. Should be obvious. I wouldn't walk around without clothes even if it was legal to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It'll never stop disturbing me exactly how many people want to ban the hijab because it's "wrong to force women to dress a certain way", and don't recognize that they're trying to force women to dress a certain way, themselves.

Trying to strip women of clothing they want to wear because you don't feel it's "right" is no better than forcing them to wear clothes they don't want to wear. The rest of us are happy letting women wear whatever the hell they want to.
    Point to me all the people that want it banned in this thread? You're a fallacy factory. Just keep pumping out those strawmans.

To be fair to you... I'd bet you can find a small number of people that want it banned because there are legitimate areas in life where it's not acceptable(like how German put into law that you can't wear them and be a public official). But you won't find many who want a blanket ban. Most people are just arguing for the oppression to end. Something a feminist should be fighting for but typically aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Only in this weird state of culture and politics does a symbol of oppression become a cool trend.

We are a society of friends, we come to each other in honesty, with open faces and open hair.

Wearing a rag on the head is contrary to our believes and should be prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Cool, but why should Europeans care? Keep that shit in Middle East. kkthxbb
    She's from Sunderland...

Sounds pretty awful when you have to weave your oppression into your cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You're allowed to walk the streets naked with no legal or social ramifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You're allowed to walk the streets naked with no legal or social ramifications?
    That's not what was said though.

"What you wear when you go out, go to work, go to wherever... all dictated by something or someone else."

Nobody is telling me to wear t-shirt and shorts. I could wear a dress if I wanted to. I wouldn't walk around naked even if it was legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Point to me all the people that want it banned in this thread? You're a fallacy factory. Just keep pumping out those strawmans.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It's a sexist sign of the last century which needs to go in modern societies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    We shouldn't allow the hijab, niqab or the burqa. I stand firm on that.

That's overtly and explicitly talking about banning it, in this one thread. If I expand this to other threads we've had, or to more general opposition to wearing it, that's going to get much bigger. I'm removing names/links to posts for these, because I'm not trying to poke the original users, but you can dig them up with the search system fairly readily if you want to locate them;

Hijabs hide your identity and could be used to hide weapons. They should be banned in the Western world.
    Hijab makes it impossible for police to do their job. It should be banned in modern countries.

And that's without getting into countries that have actually implemented such bans.

So kindly drop the frankly weird accusation that this is some straw man I invented rather than an actual attitude a lot of people stand behind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Stop the moderation talk, please. Also, it's perfectly possible to discuss this topic without blanket-bashing religion as a whole.
    FYI, stating a fact isn't inherently "blanket-bashing".