Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    his wife looks south-east asian, potential M60, and firing from an elevated position into masses of innocents, 63 years old... could it be this really was a nam vet going crazy?
    Doubtful. He would been a fresh recruit when the US were pulling out in '72 if he had been in at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Afaik the shooter was Stephen Paddock, not Steven or Steve.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    That's... totally incorrect. It's not just 'classification'. They're different ammo, with different power, pressure, design, and even size. Some ammo doesn't even fit or can't fire in some weapons (some weapons can fire both). Those two weapons are not one of them.
    Were both right, and were both wrong. The only difference is the amount of powder, NATO milspec is loaded hotter. It is however the same round, same casing, different powder wieght, but 556 & 762 are the NATO rounds.

I guess you can blame the people who taught me that in the Army, however im not really surprised that people mix that up, considering you can shoot 556 & 223 interchangeably, 556 will putnm strain on an AR15

Well I expect stupidity from the mmo-c forums, so I'm not bothered by these responses. What annoys me is seeing the cnn and msnbc websites glorifying this crazy fuck. When will the media stop making superstars out of sick pieces of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Well no duh there weren't as they were stopped......The premise was NO mass shootings have ever been stopped by X. This was proven false as all that was needed to was to present one case that it happened. It was done the argue was therefore false.

Spinning it doesn't make it any-less disprove.
    Wow you are jerking off to your proof, it's less than a dozen in over 20 years. For all intents and purposes the myth is still a myth.

I cant have words for shooting innocent people for no reason GOD forbid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    No, people miss the point that automatic rifles are already illegal.
    It wasn't. They were legal weapons bought in nevada, and modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Were both right, and were both wrong. The only difference is the amount of powder, NATO milspec is loaded hotter. It is however the same round, same casing, different powder wieght, but 556 & 762 are the NATO rounds.

I guess you can blame the people who taught me that in the Army, however im not really surprised that people mix that up, considering you can shoot 556 & 223 interchangeably, 556 will putnm strain on an AR15
    No, it's just you that's wrong. They're not the same. They are literally machined different in several places. The only thing that is roughly the same is the total length. (Hell, even different brands of the same ammo may have slightly different dimensions). Cilraaz even showed you.

Also, throwing out "I was in the army" isn't helping anyone.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    No, people miss the point that automatic rifles are already illegal.
    The NRA says you are incorrect, at least as far as Nevada goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Other medical institutions and universities have taken the helm, but like all "private charity/investment/research is better because small government" arguments, the resources nor the long-term view of the issue at hand of private institutions is large enough to handle it. This is a critical public health issue that should be treated like events that cause widespread trauma and death.
    I never said private small government blah blah was better. All I did was ask why nobody stepped up to start a research project. The American Cancer Society handles research for a much larger health crisis. It took time to grow and become what it is now, but every moment wasted waiting for politicians to pass something they may never pass is time they could be researching this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    it is clear that the American public as a whole does not actually want to do anything about this. This was not a tragedy, nor was it a surprise or a shock. This was a consequence of the 2nd amendment and our gun loving culture.
    This is incredibly crass and uninformed. Innocent people dying is, pretty much by definition, a tragedy. Additionally, the percentage of people that want notably tighter gun control is over 75% according to polling. It's just that our representatives choose not to do anything about it, I assume due to the money they get from lobbyists. See the Princeton studies on the disconnect between the will of the people (at least those in the lower 90% income bracket) and the will of our elected officials.

I'm sorry, but your post was not only insensitive, but incredibly ill-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I never said private small government blah blah was better. All I did was ask why nobody stepped up to start a research project. The American Cancer Society handles research for a much larger health crisis. It took time to grow and become what it is now, but every moment wasted waiting for politicians to pass something they may never pass is time they could be researching this subject.
    How do you suggest they do that when law enforcement and government would be the only ones who would be able to get reliable data?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legally purchased and then illegally modified. Still makes them illegal.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    You can't take away rights due to what they might do. Perfectly mentally healthy people MIGHT snap and kill hundreds
    And people who have mental health issues are more likely to do it, you seem to be fine with letting mentally unstable people get guns in the name of their rights. I mean some of them only hear voices what could go wrong /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    US discussions on gun control is a bit like watching people convince themselves that getting rid of all dangerous objects in a hospital or whatever wouldn't reduce the risks of accidents. Maybe it's hard to grasp but if a mentally ill person is completely unable to get their hands on a gun, they won't be able to shoot anyone even if they wanted.
    so instead of fixing the cause your just going to address the effect. thereby insuring that these kind of attacks regardless of weapon used will continue.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, however the point of note is the narrative involved that a lot of people are using regarding gun control.

Gun control won't really make a huge dent in already illegal weapons (buying, selling, trading, etc). It could however put a damper in legal weapons being modded into illegal weapons, because they are in part, inside the system. Why are we manufacturing automatic kits and 100 round magazines?

And given the number of youtube videos of these, I don't even think the crank-bump mods are illegal to use. This may have been a 100% legal weapon.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The NRA says you are incorrect, at least as far as Nevada goes.
    Nevada allows automatic weapons that are in compliance with Federal regulations, just as most states do (pre-1986 registered weapons). A non-NFA complaint automatic weapon would still be be illegal in Nevada.

10+ Year Old Account
    This a gun control thread now?

More pistols, less rifles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Obviously you cannot illegally modify a gun you cannot buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, however the point of note is the narrative involved that a lot of people are using regarding gun control.

Gun control won't really make a huge dent in already illegal weapons (buying, selling, trading, etc). It could however put a damper in legal weapons being modded into illegal weapons, because they are in part, inside the system. Why are we manufacturing automatic kits and 100 round magazines?

And given the number of youtube videos of these, I don't even think the crank-bump mods are illegal to use. This may have been a 100% legal weapon.
    if someone's going to ILLEGALLY modify a weapon chances are what they are doing is illegal in the first place.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

No, it's just you that's wrong. They're not the same. They are literally machined different in several places. The only thing that is roughly the same is the total length. (Hell, even different brands of the same ammo may have slightly different dimensions). Cilraaz even showed you.

Also, throwing out "I was in the army" isn't helping anyone.
    http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/5-56-vs-223/

Read through that

"The exterior (physical) dimensions of .223 and 5.56 ammunition are effectively identical."

Key piece there for you, dimentions are identicle, im not sure why youre arguing against this?

Also, i said i learned that information in the military, where i was always supplied with 9mm (my side arm as an officer) and .556 for my M4. Everyone would constantly say either 223 or 556, where i picked up the bad habit of swapping the two, i wasnt trying to beat my chest, just giving you insight, so dont be so pretentious.