Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And I hope you understand just how much a waste of time was your blanket statement.
    Well glad to know I was correct in what I was saying, otherwise you would of contributed a useful counter point to the discussion. But clearly you couldn't.

Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'd argue that having a gun in itself is irresponsible.
    Um...Lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where did you get the 40% number from Pew? I don't see that listed anywhere in the article. Their own numbers show a huge disparity in support for Sharia law between regions, which makes your number even more confusing because they don't appear to give any global numbers.
    I know this off topic kinda, as I dont believe there are good reasons to assume the shooter had any connection to ISIS or was a muslim. No matter what claims ISIS has made, there doesnt seem evidence to support that.

I could link you to a dozen of polls and studies in Germany and things look more or less the same regarding the question wether the laws of the sharia stand above the law of the land, wether or not an insult against the prophet justifies violence in response, or wether its ok to physically chastise a female family member for "dishonorable behaviour". Lets not get into what people even think about homosexuality and what appropriate behaviour is when dealing with them.

The pricture is grim. Very grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    A ban on alcohol was in the Constitution once. Things change.
    Yeah, and there's also that little thing about the 13th amendment.

Some people just love guns more than they like, I don't know, air.

The very concept of LIMITING them sends them into flipping their shit about needing to be armed in case the king of Britain demands they hand over their tea money or something. Saying they not only don't want to limit them, they want MORE of them.

Crazy! How can you even deal with that... you can't even have a dialog with someone who's already determined anything and everything you say is worthless because they've turned a weapon into some sort of national monument.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well glad to know I was correct in what I was saying, otherwise you would of contributed a useful counter point to the discussion. But clearly you couldn't.

Feels good.
    Anyone who feels any gun owner is being irresponsible I am sure would not listen to any reasonable discussion on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    When people talk about gun control they talk about it a few categories

1. They want more background checks. Okay. That's a reasonable argument, if that's really all you have in mind.

2. Registering my firearms to the Government. No fucking way am I letting the Government know "look at me I own this gun and this is where I keep it!" When the second amendment exists partially to resist that Government if it gets out of hand.

3. Ban semi automatic rifles and other "assault weapons". No. Semiautomatic rifles are not unusual to own, and they serve the purpose of the second amendment well in this modern world. Semiautomatic rifles are the reasonable, and therefore the best resistance there is to oppressive Government. They keep a citizen from becoming a specialized soldier, but allow them to offer up something if things went to total shit. Our means to fight the Government IS the biggest reason behind having a second amendment.

4. "Our laws should be like Australia!" In other words, ban guns.

The main problem with 1 is that usually the people advocating for 1 also advocate for 2-4. Typically they know nothing about guns, and typically they're not into the whole self reliance idea which is the core of our culture and existence as a country. If you're telling me to trust lawmakers that outright say we should ban all guns, you must think I'm an idiot. There is no damn way they're just going to expand background checks.
    There are lawmakers who say all kinds of crazy things, do you think getting rid of an amendment is that easy? Again most people want things to change to make these mass shootings not as common you seem to want things to stay the same out of an irrational fear of people taking away your guns. Also the government knows where you live, the kind of car you drive , how much money you make and how many people live in your house but knowing you have a gun that's where you draw the line

Tell me the purpose of a gun. What if I also told you that careful and proper handling of a firearm also leads to significant harm.

Because that is the purpose of a gun in it's entirety, to harm and kill.
    That's weird, I own two of my guns just as investments. They will probably never be fired again in my lifetime. I have a couple more that are just for target practice. I will never use them for self defense or hunting, because I don't hunt. I have other guns for self defense and the zombie apocalypse, and that re definitely for causing harm. I guess I must be using some of them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Um...Lolwut?

Since their only purpose is to harm and kill.

Not much else to it other than that.

I mean just your average joe having one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's weird, I own two of my guns just as investments. They will probably never be fired again in my lifetime. I have a couple more that are just for target practice. I will never use them for self defense or hunting, because I don't hunt. I have other guns for self defense and the zombie apocalypse, and that re definitely for causing harm. I guess I must be using some of them wrong.
    I mostly meant having guns and ammo for doing whatever with, I just don't really agree with it.

Having like an antique or collectable or something that couldn't be used sounds interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Instead, the solution to gun problems? More guns!
    I'm a big fan of guns, so it sounds like a plan to me.

Does that apply for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    99.5% of gun owners are responsible.....

meanwhile something like 40% of all Muslims believe Sharaih's law which basically reads all americans are infidels and should die... Whether they act it out of not The study's showing the ammount that believe shariah is law is astonishing.

If 40% of gun supported this shooting then we would have a problem.

Meanwhile Your comparing a Ideology to a Piece of metal that has many uses that are not violent and lumping gun owners in with a mentally ill scumbag who planned over 6 months to a year this attack?.... If he didn't have a gun he would have just used a fertilizer bomb that they confirmed he was building in his house.
    How many Christians think we should have prayer or the Bible in schools? I do not support religious-based laws, so when one tries to push it, then you stop them from doing it.

I'm comparing the desire to ban something, just because you are afraid. Either you want to ban both, or you want to ban neither. At least those two are logically consistent. If you want to ban/restrict one, but not the other, then you are a hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. And the Constitution can be amended. There are ways to do that. But out of the 11,000+ attempts, it has only happened 28 times. Possible to change the second amendment? Absolutely. But very unlikely. However, remember it is not done by a pure majority of the populace.

But the ban of alcohol was deemed a failure. So a banning or heavily regulating guns would go the same course as the ban on alcohol as the criminal elements would gain the upper hand.

Mental health has to return as a focus in the US because right now most school shooters for example were drugged up instead of being offered real mental therapy.

I would argue the pill culture in the US is worse than the gun culture but that is my opinion.

Sorry Connal. But the bold part is nonsense. It is a misconception the liberal base likes to think is true. But they are wrong.
    Then explain why Trump supporters are not reaming him over the coal for attacking NFL players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From the gun rights people here to Facebook and anywhere in between that impression is not wrong.
    From gun rights people here and Facebook? lol!! You give to much credit to this forum and Twitface I am afraid.

https://twitter.com/NRA

You'd figure the NRA would have said something by now, but I can't find shit on Twitter, Facebook, or their site (which I could barely get around it was so slow >.>)

Another mass shooting that nothing will be done about to prevent the next from happening.

Anyone who feels any gun owner is being irresponsible I am sure would not listen to any reasonable discussion on the subject.
    Or just stop off the high horse you think you're on and try.

Go ahead and try to argue that. I love to watch people flounder about. Like binge watching the cringe fest videos on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/NRA

You'd figure the NRA would have said something by now, but I can't find shit on Twitter, Facebook, or their site (which I could barely get around it was so slow >.>)
    Surprised they didn't say something like; "It's sad this happened in Las Vegas instead of Sacramento."