Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Lol ok, you're free to believe that though you're the one extrapolating now.

Australia is an interesting case-study i think you should look into. Sure violent crime will see no change but you'll transition to a society with only police carrying handguns and crooks with guns becoming fewer and fewer as guns become progressively harder to come by. Criminals will be criminals and if you want a gun bad enough you will get one provided you have the wealth to trade for it. 1. Gun-control. 2. Invest in mental health programs.
    That mentally ill or people who become ill won't have an arsenal to go nuts with is the goal here. Not winning an argument on what is and isn't terrorism, thank you.
    Why do people bring this up? Australia is an island. The US shares a border with Mexico. A country that has worse gun related homicides. A large amount of illegal drugs and guns are brought into the states from Mexico...

It's like you abandoned common sense or something. I don't even know if it's worth discussing anything with you if you're going to be this blatantly ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    Well, that will stop all those law abiding citizens from killing people, but what about the criminals? I mean criminals follow the law right? Oh wait. Yea, logic is hard alright.
    Worked well for drugs didn't it? Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    How easy is it to modify a semi-automatic to make it fully automatic?
    What they were using appears to be a bumpfire stock. It is my understanding it is a reasonably easy conversion as you can buy the parts legally. It is my understanding it changes the stock so that when the gun is fired it recoils and pulls the trigger again and so on so not true full auto but more rapid than most people would be able to do manually.

Apparently the design tech to make them was not around the last time they were making laws about restricting full auto conversions. So if nothing else that probably is something that could get some agreement to ban/limit as it makes the weapon pretty useless for any kind of hunting. The only reason to do it would be target shooting or something like what this guy did. When you just want to send a lot of bullets down range fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There are some very basic things we can do like properly funding the agency that monitors guns, keeping a digital database of gun sales to crackdown on illegal sales, universal background checks. Most of these things have 80%+ support among both republicans and democrats, doing nothing is what the NRA has made this into but there is plenty of things we can do. We don't need to take away guns from people just do very basic common sense things that would make these type of incidents not so common.
    I agree with this, and I think any average american would. I just think we are all having different arguments just for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Where did the four year old thing come from?

Anyway, a gun may be a tool but that doesn’t mean you can’t be safe and have a good time shooting at the range.
    I am talking about things like the Crickett .22LR. Which was the weapon during an incident, where a small boy shot his toddler sister by accident. Although, he was five. My bad. But still, those things don't belong in the hands of children. While small in calibre and one shot only, those things are real guns, and deadly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    To summarise:

- Even if it's a crazy lone white guy it's still terrorism.
    - Licensed carry does fuck-all. Nobody carrying their own guns could've made any difference today.
    - You don't need hollow points or silencers for deer hunting.
    - More guns in America doesn't fix this problem. the end.
    - No, you won't be exercising your 2nd amendment rights to form a militia and bring down a corrupt government. You certainly haven't been arsed so far this year and even if you were the American military industrial complex and surveillance state would crush you like a bug the six months before you tried. Stop being cute.
    ^ That is exactly the case summed up.

These faux tough guy, John Wayne wannabe 2nd Amenders really showed their quality after Hurricane Katrina, when Shrub's Nat'l Guard and other authorities went confiscating guns door-to-door around New Orleans, because of "looters", whether they were licensed or not.

Did they form a militia to keep the bad ol' gubmint from unconstitutionally swiping their "guuuuns from mah cold, dead hands"?

Nope. They capitulated like the pussies and wind bags they are and forked them over.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-10-03 at 08:28 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why do people bring this up? Australia is an island. The US shares a border with Mexico. A country that has worse gun related homicides. A large amount of illegal drugs and guns are brought into the states from Mexico...
    Sure and how do you expect Mexico to fix their shit when you can't even attempt to fix your own let alone debate it? You don't think Australia gets illegal guns shipped in like everywhere else with tough gun control? If criminals want a gun they will get it. It's besides the point here.
    It's like you abandoned common sense or something. I don't even know if it's worth discussing anything with you if you're going to be this blatantly ignorant.
    Sure I tell myself the same every time I get a reply too, funny how the world is full of nuance that way. The more you learn...
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-10-03 at 08:29 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Common sense is a rare thing, especially in these forums.

Disappointed on how bad the quality of footage there is on this in 2k17.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    Enough of your cynical BS. I highly doubt you give two sh*ts about the average american. If he did buy his guns legally then its fair to say that something like this happens very rarely because most gun violence isn't premeditated, right? We can agree on that, right? Are U.S. gun laws perfect? No. Does it need improvement? Yes. But stop pretending this is some kind of epidemic. Take off the tin foil hat.
    It IS an epidemic. This graphic has become a meme at this point

And the only cynical behaviour is to move on as if nothing happened. Again. And again. And again. And again.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There are some very basic things we can do like properly funding the agency that monitors guns, keeping a digital database of gun sales to crackdown on illegal sales, universal background checks. Most of these things have 80%+ support among both republicans and democrats, doing nothing is what the NRA has made this into but there is plenty of things we can do. We don't need to take away guns from people just do very basic common sense things that would make these type of incidents not so common.
    I agree completely, I'm pro gun ownership. But I do think that we should have an agency that tracks licences to buy and the weapons much like the DMV does. And much like the DMV and vehicles registering and yearly reregistering your weapons and your licence to buy them should exist. Unlike the DMV where those fees go to state roads and transportation and administrative costs, the state agencies would use those proceeds to further enforce proper registration, legal purchasing, and survivor benefits.

But my opinion makes most pro-gun people cringe because 2nd amendment something something.
    And I'm not going to support the 2nd amendment being removed. So I prefer to say just get used to it.
    Government doesn't want to spend the money to set up a proper system, and both sides of the political divide would prefer extreme solutions of get rid of all guns, or legalize Apache helicopter ownership so nothing will ever change.

Actually it's the opposite most of the illegal guns seized from Mexico come from the US but don't let facts stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's a problem but few people jump into a car with the intent of killing someone.
    When you open fire against a group of people, your intent is to kill or hurt. That is much, much worse.

Most countries also take steps to reduce the number of people killed in car accidents, what steps are you taking towards reducing people killed by guns?
    Better regulations. Your solution is to ban. You're unreasonable.

A dead person is still a dead person. How can you say that because a person died in an accident that it's any better than one that died from a homicide? Both are appalling outcomes, and you diminishing the one, because the other is worse in your opinion, is disgusting and you should feel ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It IS an epidemic. This graphic has become a meme at this point

And the only cynical behaviour is to move on as if nothing happened. Again. And again. And again. And again.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/
    That's such a useless metric in the first place, because obviously with every million you're going to have more incidents of any sort. It's not proportional at all, even though it's claiming to be at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I agree completely, I'm pro gun ownership. But I do think that we should have an agency that tracks licences to buy and the weapons much like the DMV does. And much like the DMV and vehicles registering and yearly reregistering your weapons and your licence to buy them should exist. Unlike the DMV where those fees go to state roads and transportation and administrative costs, the state agencies would use those proceeds to further enforce proper registration, legal purchasing, and survivor benefits.

But my opinion makes most pro-gun people cringe because 2nd amendment something something.
    And I'm not going to support the 2nd amendment being removed. So I prefer to say just get used to it.
    Government doesn't want to spend the money to set up a proper system, and both sides of the political divide would prefer extreme solutions of get rid of all guns, or legalize Apache helicopter ownership so nothing will ever change.
    I am going to disagree I know that most gun owners are law bidding citizens and would support this and so does the polling. The problem is our political system is so corrupt that both democrats and republicans are in the pockets of the NRA so they push for extreme views, the few that try to do the right thing get drowned out by either their colleagues or the NRA. This is the biggest problem with our political system not left vs right but the fact that money has bought the US government and the will of the average American means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    That's such a useless metric in the first place, because obviously with every million you're going to have more incidents of any sort. It's not proportional at all, even though it's claiming to be at face value.
    Which part of "per 1 million people" don't you understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    What they were using appears to be a bumpfire stock. It is my understanding it is a reasonably easy conversion as you can buy the parts legally. It is my understanding it changes the stock so that when the gun is fired it recoils and pulls the trigger again and so on so not true full auto but more rapid than most people would be able to do manually.

Apparently the design tech to make them was not around the last time they were making laws about restricting full auto conversions. So if nothing else that probably is something that could get some agreement to ban/limit as it makes the weapon pretty useless for any kind of hunting. The only reason to do it would be target shooting or something like what this guy did. When you just want to send a lot of bullets down range fast.
    Thanks.

Just confirms in my mind why 1791 logic is no longer applicable in the 21st century, but hey - I'm just a Brit, so I'll keep my government-oppressed arse to the wall.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Which part of "per 1 million people" don't you understand?
    Which part of 1 million being far easier to manage than 600 million don't you understand?

15+ Year Old Account
    Which part of 1 million being far easier to manage than 600 million don't you understand?
    The US has 330 million total people. Adults make up far less than that.

Your point is made with the real number, why did you use a made-up one?