Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    VERY unlikely we'll see playable Nightborne for technical reasons. They were introduced this expansion as creature models, not proper characters, and they didn't implement the Demon Hunter animations for them (which is why DH can have some hilarious foot-sliding for them).

Given the substantial amount of work now required to upgrade them to playable status and the fact that they design expansions multiple years out, it seems quite unlikely that they would have made these design choices for the Nightborne in Legion knowing about the post-Legion expansion.
    What Simca said. People think having a creature model in-game is enough to make them candidates to sub-races, when clearly those models aren't even close to players models in terms of customisations. If Nightborne was going to be a subrace, then the model in Legion would have been much more detailed, they wouldn't have juste done a creature module if it was to redo the entire thing for the next expansion pack.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think old ones like taunkas are eventual candidates because they would have to be remade anyway. Not Nightborne, because they're too recent and were not made "the way the should have if it was intended to make them playable later".

So lvl cap 100. Every character de-leveled to 1 when expansion launches.

Kalimdor and EK updated.

Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles removed because fuck updating them.

Technically WoW 2 while not being WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Knights? Couldn't come up with something better?
    Coming, this Blizzcon...

Hearthstone: Knights of the Frozen Throne

WoW: Knights of the Black Empire

Starcraft: Knights of the Koprulu Sector

Diablo: Knights of the Sin War

Overwatch: Knights of the Omnic Crisis

(And no, Blood Elves don't count even though they were added in TBC - while the old elf model was implemented in Vanilla WoW, Vanilla WoW's development cycle was WAY longer than any expansion.)
    Also, Vanilla High Elf/Blood Elf model was retooled from Night Elf model. Not a truly unique one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Coming, this Blizzcon...

World of Hearthing Starwatchlio: Knights of the Knights Knight

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Coming, this Blizzcon...

New class: Knight Knight

None of those races were implemented as normal creatures in the expansion directly before they became a playable race. If Nightborne were going to be a race in 9.0 or 10.0, I'd agree with you.

(And no, Blood Elves don't count even though they were added in TBC - while the old elf model was implemented in Vanilla WoW, Vanilla WoW's development cycle was WAY longer than any expansion.)
    That is a fair enough point, the only counter argument is the possibility that they had a change of heart seeing the Nigtborne's reception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That is a fair enough point, the only counter argument is the possibility that they had a change of heart seeing the Nigtborne's reception.
    They would of had to see it pretty damn early on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Leave the terrain mostly as is, but i would want higher res textures and assets like new tree models etc. Kinda pointless to revamp it again if it still looks like a late ps2 game.
    They could outsource texture updates and assets, for instance.
    I just meant the base geography wouldn't need to be done from scratch. They copy the existing continents and work over them, replacing things, creating new areas and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Though, honestly, I think even with scaling they won't do 1-110. I highly doubt Blizz would want us to spend all 110 levels in Kalimdor/EK and basically leave Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, and the Broken Isles to rot.
    They are already rotting. People go there while leveling, outlevel the content too fast and leave.
    It creates several problems, including the timeline discrepancy between expansions.
    Making them side content means that people will go there to experience those zones only if they wish so, or to get transmog, farm old raids, get mounts, relive the story, etc.

The idea is to preserve even the old EK/Kalimdor this time, making the revamped versions new continents instead. In the future, should they decide to revamp other continents, like Outland, they'd do the same. That way, the original version would always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What Simca said. People think having a creature model in-game is enough to make them candidates to sub-races, when clearly those models aren't even close to players models in terms of customisations. If Nightborne was going to be a subrace, then the model in Legion would have been much more detailed, they wouldn't have juste done a creature module if it was to redo the entire thing for the next expansion pack.
    That means nothing. The NPC models will remain NPC-only, playable nightborne will have modified night elf models.

Quote Originally Posted by nonameguy7 View Post
    World of Warcraft - Knights of the Black Empire

New Level Cap: 100;

New Races: Ethereal (Alliance) Flamewaker (Horde);

New Zones: Kul'Tiras, Dragon Isles, Shadowlands, Ny'alotha, Revamped EK/Kalimdor/Northrend.

New Features: New glyph system integrated into your specialization - each spec's exclusive abilities have its own sets of glyphs that you activate with titan points. Abilities with different sets of glyphs have different effects. Glyphs unlocks with specific actions. Titan points are getting from levels and have restricted amount (Something like old talent points. Talent points are still there). Three new specializations. New type of equipment and its slot in character menu. One new battleground (New type); Updated Worgen/Goblin models;

Plot: Azeroth's version of Judgement Day. Much much worse version of Cataclysm. Alliance is torn by internal conflicts and threatening to fall apart while Horde gathering new forces. With wounded titan soul of Azeroth Old Gods and it's servants threatening to re establish new Black Empire. To stop them we go into hell itself - shadowlands.

Characters: Anduin is sick. Sylvanas is desperate. Jaina finding new hope and goal while Genn finding his peace. Velen retires and Lor'Thremar wanting to rule. Orcs choosing new leader and trolls gathering tribes meeting. Dwarves council falling apart and new player enters the game.
    Lol. That is so poorly thought that I can't even... Flamewaker for Horde? Who has ever wanted to play flamewaker? A race that has all the naga problems and none of the charm and lore?

Revamped Azeroth, but destroyed, much worse than Cataclysm? Now that's something no one has ever asked for...

Only chance this is true is if Blizzard thinks WoD should not be the worst expansion ever anymore.

(And I could believe a revamped EK/Kalimdor, but also Northrend plus new areas? That's stretching it too far)

God, blizzcon cant come any faster. Hopefully, it will silence the trolls.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They would of had to see it pretty damn early on.
    Don't get me wrong, I am really not hopeful for Nightborne and they are certainly not on the top of my wanted playable races list, just playing devil's advocate a little.

Temper your expectations. It's ok to want a world revamp, just don't going into Blizzcon expecting it. Still, nobody expected Cataclysm(As in world changed).
    But we just finished the perfect scenario for a world revamp, i.e. a major invasion by the Burning Legion that's coupled with massive damage, upheaval, and countless possibilities for new lore. To be fair, if they don't do a revamp at this time then, outside of WoW II, I don't see them doing one in the future. Also, at this point, we're well beyond the time frame for the original revamp in Cata.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-10-06 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    It won't; but we'll care a whole lot less.
    Atleast the fake leaks and 'confirmed' races and sub-races posts will die out. On the other hand, complaining will re-emerge. Can't win. FeelsBadMan
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    But we just finished the perfect scenario for a world revamp, i.e. a major invasion by the Burning Legion that's coupled with massive damage, upheaval, and countless possibilities for new lore. To be fair, if they don't do a revamp at this time then, outside of WoW II, I don't see them doing one in the future. Also, at this point, we're well beyond the time frame for the original revamp in Cata.
    I know it's a perfect time for it, I just don't think it will happen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What really gets me believing in a world revamp happening is all those old models being updated. I don't think Blizzard wouldn't waste their times remaking wendigos and troggs models without a context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What really gets me believing in a world revamp happening is all those old models being updated. I don't think Blizzard wouldn't waste their times remaking wendigos and troggs models without a context.
    That or Wendigos and troggs will be used in a zone of some sort in x7 so they wanted to do so. Wendigos is the part I don't get. Troggs.....are very underground/subterranean based(Which I totally dig an expansion based on that).

Warrior-Magi

That or Wendigos and troggs will be used in a zone of some sort in x7 so they wanted to do so. Wendigos is the part I don't get. Troggs.....are very underground/subterranean based(Which I totally dig an expansion based on that).
    Yep! Troggs I could see them, but wendigos... I don't know. Maybe we're getting that cave expansion and one of the caves is ice-themed haha!

Possible leak?

World of Warcraft: The Shadows of the Dark Void Below

-Level cap raised to 115
    -Level scaling applied to every zone in WoW
    -Old world revamp, complete makeover of every zone pre-MoP
    -5 new zones - Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, Plunder Isles, South Seas, and The Maw
    -New character customization options/subraces - Ogres, Dark dwarves, Valkyr, High elf, Mechagome etc...
    -3 new playable races - Ethereals, Naga, Vrykul - All neutral faction
    -Titanforging/Warforging can now happen on any piece of gear in the game, regardless of level. Cap will be the highest ilvl available +25.
    -Main focus of this expansion is to reignite the Alliance vs Horde war.
    -All artifact appearances carry over too new expansion. Our artifacts are lost on Argus after using them to stop Argus the Unmaker.
    -New artifact power style system introduced. Expansion long player progression
    -More than one threat this expansion, including Azshara, C'thun, Bolvar/LK, The Void
    -Only 2 more WoW expansions left after this one
    -Lots of scenarios and casual-oriented content
    -Invasion points in EK and Kalimdor similiar to invasions on argus
    -Legacy servers a possibility, still in discussion
    Last edited by Billy4269; 2017-10-06 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4269 View Post
    Possible leak?

World of Warcraft: The Shadows of the Dark Void Below

-Level cap raised to 115
    -Level scaling applied to every zone in WoW
    -Old world revamp, complete makeover of every zone pre-MoP
    -5 new zones - Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, Plunder Isles, South Seas, and The Maw
    -New character customization options/subraces - Ogres, Dark dwarves, Valkyr, High elf, Mechagome etc...
    -3 new playable races - Ethereals, Naga, Vrykul - All neutral faction
    -Titanforging/Warforging can now happen on any piece of gear in the game, regardless of level. Cap will be the highest ilvl available +25.
    -Main focus of this expansion is to reignite the Alliance vs Horde war.
    -All artifact appearances carry over too new expansion. Our artifacts are lost on Argus after using them to stop Argus the Unmaker.
    -New artifact power style system introduced. Expansion long player progression
    -More than one threat this expansion, including Azshara, C'thun, Bolvar/LK, The Void
    -Only 2 more WoW expansions left after this one
    -Lots of scenarios and casual-oriented content
    -Invasion points in EK and Kalimdor similiar to invasions on argus
    -Legacy servers a possibility, still in discussion
    title is way too long

yeah ik its most likely fake, i just really want the south seas expansion