Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Naga with legs aren’t naga, plain and simple. And if all you want are lizard people with legs, just redo this thread asking for playable Saurok.

Just introduce them to the game with Melee, caster combat animation, emotes and Jump animation?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i havent seen any priest ones. Other then that you included all the ones i did.
    but yeah druid would be really cool
    Cat form would be a snake like thing, large fangs and fins.
    Boomkin would be a fishy thing of some kind, maybe a murloc kinda looking thing but in boomkin kinda shape
    sea form would be a large fish, maybe a shark
    flgiht form could be really cool, allthough hard to describe, just think alot of fins, maybe some tentacles.
    bear from could have some sort of giant shell on it's back.
    tree form coral with kelp
    Plenty of them.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21299/coi...itch#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=4371/stra...iren#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=3944/wrat...tess#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21220/coi...tess#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=42453/azs...tess#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35833/spi...tess#abilities

Plus given their relationship with the old gods, it's not exactly hard to imagine a fair number of shadow priests.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll take Ogres or Ethereals over Nagas.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Why can't they be playable without legs? Armor? Look at Mistress Sassypants. She has rings around her tail, theres the armor. Mounts? The naga mount would just be a faster moving ability. Like how the worgen get down on all 4s.

This is the problem with the community now. If they gave the naga a faster running speed as their race mount, then naga players will bitch they can't use mounts. You knew that from the start creating the character. Playable races shouldn't be determined by whether or not they can use a mount.

Hell, the Naga mount could also be a chariot pulled by 2 seahorses.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    As i just said above, this is why you give them two forms, the bi-pedal half elven form, and the full on monster form. You get the best of both worlds and fix your mount and armor issues. Unlike worgen you don't need to force people into the monster form in combat because the elven form is a unique model (coral for hair, white skin with patches of scale that match the hair colour, sea weed or sea moss for facial hair etc) and they'd have their own unique pose and face although their bi-pedal skeleton should be blood/high elven based.

Solves both problems. The worgen shared an identical human model so they had to force. Meanwhile for naga you can force the naga form while in water as part of the curse, but on land you're free to be in elven form or naga form at will. Special instances like mounting will force bi-pedal half elven form, while special abilities like power ups could force a naga form, but otherwise you can switch between the two at will
    If the artists have the time/resources to pull it off, i dont see why not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    Naga aren't going to happen. Seriously. Ever. Stop trying to make Naga happen.
    DHs would like to have a word with you. I remember when bassically every thread about DH playable would have "Demon Huntes aren't going to happen. Seriously. Ever. Stop trying to make Demon Hunters happen."
    Surprise Legion came .
    No, i dont play DHs as i only play mage(Fire or Arcane, never Frost) and i dont care about Nagas playable as i only like Worgens and Blood Elfs.
    So before you make this kind of statment you should be careful or Blizz can burn your mouth
    Last edited by Dragon ANX; 2017-10-07 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Why can't they be playable without legs? Armor? Look at Mistress Sassypants. She has rings around her tail, theres the armor. Mounts? The naga mount would just be a faster moving ability. Like how the worgen get down on all 4s.

This is the problem with the community now. If they gave the naga a faster running speed as their race mount, then naga players will bitch they can't use mounts. You knew that from the start creating the character. Playable races shouldn't be determined by whether or not they can use a mount.

There is some validity to the mount argument, mainly due to the existence of flying ones. However, declaring that blizzard cannot come up with a mounting animation for non-bipedal races that does not clip significantly more than the other races is plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Yes it was. People always said DH would never happen, did you even play wow before legion?
    indeed it was, either @Radaney has a very short memory or hasn't been around much. I remember in classic wow people saying Blizzard would never add extra levels or give new playable races or a whole new continent, I know this because I myself made a post about it in the first year of wow, and got a lot of ridicule from a bunch of forum geeks, I also got people thinking it was a grea idea, cool and would love something like that, ofc the cynics could help but lay into us with their pessimsm, and all the logical reasons why blizard couldn't or wouldn't do it.

ha, lo and behold blizzard had been planning and building it all along. I just laugh at naysayers. They definitely sid Demon hunters would never happen, even when the leak came out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    If the artists have the time/resources to pull it off, i dont see why not.
    yeah, i hope they do, i see it as quite feasible, afterall, the elf form would essentially be a sub-race of blood elf and you get to enjoy all the cool things about the actual naga form those who like it want.

i'm sure we will get more variation with the actual naga model itself too. People who are against the 2-form solution i don't think appreciate that the naga form will undergo significatn change if it alone is given. Things like the 4 arms on the females and the head of the males for variation. It may not be enough or sustainble enough as just one model, but with two, even some of the limiations using only one model may have can be overlooked..

and those who moan about not another elf race, seriouusly every race is getting tons of sub-races, i'm not surewhy naga can't themselves, it's not like the elf form would be perma, you're naga for sure in water and on powerups, even if you never switch to it outside there would be reminders. Same with uusing hthe other form. Naga are very much ied to the night elven story and of all the groups and sub-groups tied to night elves .. i.e. (shen'dralar highborne, Azsuna highborne, Moonguard, Nightborne, Cenarion half night elves, Satyr demon night elves, Naga), naga have the closest link to the bllood elves having been also the Zin#Azshari palace elves just like the blood elf ancetors were and haiving joined up with them in TFT and TBC.. so tho trying not to have anga associated with anything elven are kidding themselves.. and seeing how night elves and nightborne hate the naga so, that hate plays right into being witht he blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Not a bit fan of the options; it just ruins their uniqueness and lore. They don't transform and shouldn't be able to, and I don't like having to bend the lore to make them bipedal.
    to be honest, i think we just say that because we've only ever seen them one way, i'd wait first and see what an alternate form or expression of them can look like before totally writing it off. It could be really really cool. And lets face it, it's not like the original monster form isn't available too, it will be. But if it is the only option it has some further issues other than the ones i just brought up in the reply above. Lets not forget, we're adding an alarming amount of monster races, if naga only have the monster form, that would be 3 consecutive monster races, but at least with the bi-pedal form option, there would be another way to look at them that is more humanized and won't take away all the monster in them you like but someone else might not.

More options is better and will appeal to more. You can't be a fan of naga without liking Elf, the naga still consider themselves highborne for freak sake, Queen Azshara loves disgusing herself in her former image, they are strongly tied to the night elven story and given the strongest ties of all in the night elven world to the blood elves. I can't see the high elves dealing with them, or the darkfallen/san'layn or wretched, but I can see the blood elves doing that -

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I dislike the Naga fanatics more than the FLY IN ARGUS zealots.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

omg.. a chariot pulled by seahorses would be AWESOME -- i can see that being a mount option they can use in naga form, but i also see it as looking cool to have a naga-elf form riding in it too - either option would be cool..but i love the idea of a sea chariot especially in that rich ornate sea jewel naga architecture they have going (think steam vaults/zangarmarsh tbc) - that would really be cool and fit either form. I'm sure normal mounts will force the bi-pedal form, but in time they can introduce more naga specific mounts that won't have that restirction for those who want to ride like a monster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I think I dislike the Naga fanatics more than the FLY IN ARGUS zealots.
    some people are seriously into snakes, memaids and witches - the naga fans are likely huge fans of one of these or all them. As i didn't like every playable race option that was introduced, even in Vanilla, I can assure you I do not expect you or everyone to like or desire naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg.. a chariot pulled by seahorses would be AWESOME -- i can see that being a mount option they can use in naga form, but i also see it as looking cool to have a naga-elf form riding in it too - either option would be cool..but i love the idea of a sea chariot especially in that rich ornate sea jewel naga architecture they have going (think steam vaults/zangarmarsh tbc) - that would really be cool and fit either form. I'm sure normal mounts will force the bi-pedal form, but in time they can introduce more naga specific mounts that won't have that restirction for those who want to ride like a monster.
    Magical seahorses that can fly on land and don't require water to breathe!

To be honest, I think it is not very difficult to make Nagas playable as they are, with of course some graphic updates.

When they collect feet pieces of gear, it can be like a bracelet for their tail, it can work good in the end.

Now about mounting, it's just a matter of trial and error as to what looks best. Yes, when you bring it to your mind it looks very ugly, but these guys are graphics designers, they can make anything work, this won't even be a challenge for them.

So yea, I would dig naga playable race, or anything weird and very different than what we have until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Give them legs
    Only way it's going to happen. The rest of these folks are lost in denial.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if in order to turn our Naga into a bipedal creature you had to sing underwater surrounded by crabs and then trade your voice to an octupus-imp-mother?

Nobel87 has some youtube videos about some of the minor races in WoW.
    One of the points he makes about Naga is that they only have a very rudimentary civilization and almost no culture beyond shamanistic religion. Not much there to base backstories on for an xpac.

I would have a tough time getting my head around Naga crafting. What are the going to cook? Sushi? As snakes, I can't see them crafting many boots. I imagine swimming equipped with mail or plate might be a chore.
    Last edited by Gzr; 2017-10-07 at 07:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    Do not lead me into temptation... I know the shortcuts. Follow Me!

10+ Year Old Account
    We already make minor changes to gear to fit races that can't or won't wear foot coverings. Go the same route with Naga. Truncate longer body armor somewhere below the waist, I'm thinking at or above the point where the bend in their torso and movement of the tail would be a problem. Don't display armor for the foot and leg slots, Tauren still get the same stats for the ankle wraps and we don't really see jewelry or trinkets. Head coverings would be a bit awkward, but we already manage to work (often less than successfully) with Dwarf beards, Troll hair, and Tauren snouts.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

omg.. a chariot pulled by seahorses would be AWESOME -- i can see that being a mount option they can use in naga form, but i also see it as looking cool to have a naga-elf form riding in it too - either option would be cool..but i love the idea of a sea chariot especially in that rich ornate sea jewel naga architecture they have going (think steam vaults/zangarmarsh tbc) - that would really be cool and fit either form. I'm sure normal mounts will force the bi-pedal form, but in time they can introduce more naga specific mounts that won't have that restirction for those who want to ride like a monster..
    Or they could surprise us all, and have whatever mount you choose to use, pulling the chariot.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Or they could surprise us all, and have whatever mount you choose to use, pulling the chariot.
    ingenius.. that would definitely work too, i'm going to remember this and use it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzr View Post
    Nobel87 has some youtube videos about some of the minor races in WoW.
    One of the points he makes about Naga is that they only have a very rudimentary civilization and almost no culture beyond shamanistic religion. Not much there to base backstories on for an xpac.

I would have a tough time getting my head around Naga crafting. What are the going to cook? Sushi? As snakes, I can't see them crafting many boots. I imagine swimming equipped with mail or plate might be a chore.
    he is definitely wrong there, id on't know what gave him that impression, just because much of the naga side of the story is unknown doesn't mean its rudimentary. Lets not forget they are led by Queen Azshara, and they are the night elves of Zin'Azshari, The night elf empire can be rebuilt by naga, night elves, highborne and nightborne if any of these groups choose, cos all were involved in it and lived in it. If the good group combine (night elves, highborne and nightborne) they could achieve this if they pleased, and the naga are a united empire of millions if they could attain a source of power like the well they could.

Whether they live in forests or just in empty open seas or in elaborate underwater cities or the pinnacle of elven civilizsation we see in Suramar, this doesn't mean they are rudimentary.. too many people think night elves backward because they refused to rebuild their empire, like they had devolved into savages.. no- every indication in the lore shows them as highly ciilizaed as before just actively choosing not to wield the arcane like they did before..at least until recently. This is waht was required for them to rebuild their civilization, but they chose not to use magic to protect the world, they got rusty, but they didn't get un-civilized.

10k years after an empire, living in the forests (most of them who were druids literally sleeping out inthe open or in Barrow dens) they build Darnassus in their very first building attempt in 10 k years, and do so including a tree the size of a large island in under 2 years - trust me they know civilization. Tyrande returns to Suramar and while we are all ooing and ahing, she isn't the slightest impressed with the advanced civilziation, she's seen it all before, lived it.. it's not the size of your buildings and their beauty that matter the most, but your conviction, where your heart lies, your character, these are what are most precious to hold on to, and without them the beautiful spires arenothing and meaningless.

She is not anti-magic or anti-development, just has a perspective, just because they've used tree homes instead of Suramar type homes doesn't mean they can't or they don' tknow how to liv e in it, remember Suramar was their home - i say this to illustrate to you that no naga or night elf is primitive, all lived in an age and level of civilization that no existing civilization including the blood elves can match..which is why you see the nightborne who are still in kaldorei empire mindset scoffing at us and laughing at our attempts to fight the legion, because we are so behind the kaldorei empire level, and with all their power they know they can't stand against the legion, how onearth can we believe we can...Elisande says as much as she explains why she instead made a pact with them to save her people rather than dying instead of joining which is what Thalysrra is convicted to do.

With the ban on the arcane lifted, and the means to weave the great spells of power - i can assure ou with highborne and nightborne amongst them, the night elves can rebuild their civilization to the hiehgts before, and you can't help butthink the naga for all their evil will have civilization too, although there's will be cruel and vindictive, dark and sinister, which has its own problems. #naga are not monsters in the same way demons are, demons glut on power and care for nothing else, they would level civilizations or inhabit them it makes no difference as long as they are indivudulally powerful and cangain more power..this is why you can have the legion have some high tech looiking structures and yet live in a complete mess, with chewedup bones and carcasses right there in the middle and are just at home in smuldering ruins as they are in palaces.

EVen though they are changed from the elves they use to be, somehow i don't think that is QUeen Azshara's plans and desire or style lof living. She will want to live in extravagance and style like before, but be warned her vision of it now will be warped just like her current form, not the pure heart of gold it may have once been when she led her people to the greatest heights before succumbing to greed, vanity and a lust for power that took over her personality.