Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Reaction to current state of WoW since Wrath

Complete and total cluster fuck.

Anyone else who came back to Legion since WotLK feel this way?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Ok, and nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, not really, then again, been playing forever.

Should more be a discussion about the reaction of the current state of WoW players behavior before the state of the game, which is luckily getting better after the puncture by Warlords of Draenor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wonder if people even remember that Wrath was a decade ago now and things change?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK is as much a victim of rose-tinted glasses as vanilla or BC. Legion is a much better iteration of WoW than Wrath was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    WotLK is as much a victim of rose-tinted glasses as vanilla or BC. Legion is a much better iteration of WoW than Wrath was.
    People are BLINDED by nostalgia.

This. /thread

While there are some things Wraith did better than Legion, by in large I agree. There's a difference from saying that an expansion is your favorite and saying an expansion is better. MoP is my personal favorite with Wraith close behind it. Legion does many things better than both of these though and is, IMO, a better expansion than either.

That said, I can understand how jarring a shift from Wraith to Legion can be. Many of the improvements have been steady evolutions that can be followed if you were even a semi active player. While I will disagree with the OP, I can understand why he might feel that way. My question would be how much of Legion have you played? If this is just a knee jerk then I would say give Legion more of a chance. If you've been playing for a few weeks, what is so off putting to you? Maybe it's just an issue of the change being too harsh for you.

I really miss WOTLK, it was the last expansion I genuinely had fun with my friends and enjoyed progressing through
    wonderfully made mysterious zones that weren't just made to rush through asap so you can start farming your first legendary..

It was filled with paladin lore (even special mount you could earn) it was our final stand against the greatest living evil on Azeroth,
    it gave us the amazing cinematics for Arthas... man, the memories.

I don't give 2 cents about people's theory about nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses... I enjoyed every bit of that expansion
    and if it weren't for bugs, cheats, donations etc I would still play it on unofficial servers.

I did my best to try and enjoy Legion for it was looking like it gave hope of being a proper expansion yet the more
    we get into it the more I get disappointed... gave up mythic raiding after Nighthold, it just makes no sense anymore.

Maybe one day we'll get servers for old expansions (probably near the end of WoW as a last push to earn major cash
    from the dying game) and once again I'll enjoy what used to be an amazing game.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, Metallica obviously ended on Kill 'Em All... oh wait, it's WoTLK, not Vanilla nostalgia themed bitching. Small correct:

Yes, yes, Metallica obviously ended on Black Album.

... but seriously, part of this forum have no idea how detached they are from real world.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I wonder if people even remember that Wrath was a decade ago now and things change?
    Addiction make time flies. They miss times when crack was real crack, with glass nad other shit. New crack is too clean and not addicting enough ;D
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-10-08 at 09:45 AM.

Wrath had many of it's own issues as had any expansion. For example: the tournament was never meaned to be in icecrown, instead it should have been in crystalsong forest. 3.4 was boring as hell too: nothing new, instead the gate was opened to the dungeons and raid, nothing more. Nobody remembers that single-player did not had any new content in wrath for somehow 18 months; maybe even more. And the limitation of players in Wintergrasp destroyed PvP there too.

Too many people think of Wrath with rose-tinted glasses yes.

For me the best expansion is still MoP. Oh yeah, it had plenty of issues itself (reputation required for other reputation-factions), but it had the best patches ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Wrath had many of it's own issues as had any expansion. For example: the tournament was never meaned to be in icecrown, instead it should have been in crystalsong forest. 3.4 was boring as hell too: nothing new, instead the gate was opened to the dungeons and raid, nothing more. Nobody remembers that single-player did not had any new content in wrath for somehow 18 months; maybe even more. And the limitation of players in Wintergrasp destroyed PvP there too.

Too many people think of Wrath with rose-tinted glasses yes.

For me the best expansion is still MoP. Oh yeah, it had plenty of issues itself (reputation required for other reputation-factions), but it had the best patches ever.
    Yeah, but having the tournament and Dalaran in Crystalsong would've brought servers to their knees. Also there was no 3.4, if you're thinking about Ruby Sanctum, that was 3.3.5, though they could've gotten away with assigning it a major patch number.

Wotlk was the best version of wow. and I don't wear glasses.

5+ Year Old Account
    The reason i got into the game was because of my brother, and he is a different player than I. He's the dude who just played the game soley with friends, never visited the forums or got into the lore; but watched the PvP/raid videos and did the content.
    A large portion of the WoW playerbase who isn't on the forums feels that way.

He's dropped off the game more since legion, and a lot of our friends who stayed through cata/mop/wod dropped off with legion. (a lot dropped off with after tbc too. there were big online-friend wipes after both tbc and wotlk. each expansion changes the game a little more, people change a little more.)
    I personally try to adjust to the changes because i still see the essence of the game there, but i'll tell ya, it really is a different game 7+ years after wotlk.
    Last edited by digichi; 2017-10-08 at 10:27 AM.

DK's were really overpowered.
    PvP was unbalanced. There were a lot of things you didn't enjoy. Silences, stuns, cc. Almost every spec become viable and that caused a ton of balance issues.
    Naxx got boring quickly. Ulduar was good. ToC was a joke. The gear you got from ToC gave you no incentive to run Ulduar anymore, which is a real shame.
    I didn't play 3.3 so I don't know how it ended and what it felt like to wait for Cata.
    I remember lag issues and servers crashing during WOTLK.

I think it was a great expansion. If for no other reason, just for the fact how cool it was to fly around Northrend and do mining. Great continents.

TBC is still my favourite. Things got ..."strange" in wrath :P

You also can't forget what it was like to run around doing achievements. That was something to do for the casual players. Also once naxx was farmable to you, you moved on to doing the achievements.
    Or you could do Heroic dungeon achievements for the mount as a solo player.
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-08 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, but having the tournament and Dalaran in Crystalsong would've brought servers to their knees. Also there was no 3.4, if you're thinking about Ruby Sanctum, that was 3.3.5, though they could've gotten away with assigning it a major patch number.
    Yes, thanks, i forgot that ruby sanctum was a middle patch; still with 3.3 there was no content added and the instances were simply open and 3.3.5 also added nothing but an raid that only a few people could do.

Wrath had a big content-gap; here legion and MoP did a much better job. And about crystalsong forest: yes, but that's only because Dalaran should never have been hovering at that place. Heck, it's a magical city and they HAD already the technology for flying routes to fly through portals with 2.4 (flying from Ironforge to the Sunwell for example)

Still: it also had some of the best raids ever (Ulduar), and i'm hating it that blizzard never made another raid like this. But it also had one of the most disappointing raids ever (ToC), and since then nobody raided ulduar anymore because the gear was so much better there.

But Wrath wasn't as flawless as people think or they simply forgot the crap WotLK also had with the whole Tournament; not only the raid, but also the single-player content.

I think players only think so highly of WotLK because Cata was so bad that they simply forgot the bad sites of WotLK.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-10-08 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed Wotlk people seem to forget the horrible parts of it:
    - RE-used Naxx that was cleared in what? 24 hours? (Nowadays people would start a massive shit-storm)
    - ToC (One of the worst raids in WoW to date)
    - Unbalanced PVP; Bonus: Who remembers the good old days of Wintergrasp when it was 10:1?
    - 1 year of ICC without any content updates (Ruby sanctum doesn't count guys)

I feel like WoW must have the worst community in the gaming world. Wherever you might look, you only see posts that just say "wow is bad" without any legit argument which can't be easily countered. It's insane, I like the mmochamp community but this is driving me away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Since MoP ended the game’s been mostly terrible.

Game is way better than LK
    Players are more worn out than during LK.

Result - lots more people having fun and lots more people whinging.

Whinging tends to make more noise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Wotlk was the best version of wow. and I don't wear glasses.
    Rose coloured glasses are when you live in the delusion of past glory.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.