Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Private box, two trips on Air Force 2, Secret Service overtime, a day or two's labor of the West Wing staff...call it a million and a half. Fortunately the budget is just overflowing with extra money no one knows what to do with.
    Yeah, except public college, that 46 billion would bankrupt us. The 80 billion extra to the military is just fine and the 10 billion towards a wall is alright too. But even if we didn't spend that 90 billion, the 46 billion would have been too much. And don't even think about spending it on effective healthcare. That makes baby jesus cry just thinking about it and we can't have that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

So this little publicity stunt probably cost the taxpayers a pretty penny.

I mean, I get that the Trump administration needs any wins they can get right now, but this is a pretty damn expensive instance of virtue signaling if I've ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yeah, except public college, that 46 billion would bankrupt us. The 80 billion extra to the military is just fine and the 10 billion towards a wall is alright too. But even if we didn't spend that 90 billion, the 46 billion would have been too much. And don't even think about spending it on effective healthcare. That makes baby jesus cry just thinking about it and we can't have that.
    You are doing it wrong. We know must say; "WHAT ABOUT THE TROOPS"! Imagine if X amount of that money was spent on...wait for it. THE TROOPS!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    You are doing it wrong. We know must say; "WHAT ABOUT THE TROOPS"! Imagine if X amount of that money was spent on...wait for it. THE TROOPS!
    Would make it complete would be having a picture of Maud Flanders saying it while she fails to prepare her own kids for the future because she neglected to allow them the knowledge they need to function successfully in life.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I mean, I get that the Trump administration needs any wins they can get right now, but this is a pretty damn expensive instance of virtue signaling if I've ever seen one.
    Let's all get on same page. We are now Uber Patriots. That money could have been spent on the VA.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Let's all get on same page. We are now Uber Patriots. That money could have been spent on the VA.
    Agreed, have a case with them pending all the way from 2013 from an injury in 2012. The doctors are on my side but the paper pushers are fighting them and ignoring their own rules to save money. I am so far into the appeals process that my next verdict is estimated to be in 2020. Till then, I must survive as best I can off the 50% I am currently on ($836 per month) while they continue through their backlog.

Need oversight too. Obama gave them an extra billion, they turned around and spend 500 million of it on office furniture so the higher ups could more comfortably avoid their job. Their record system is still mostly paper and much of their computer system is still from the 80's. I remember a year or 2 ago my local office made news when their 4th floor of records was so full that it overloaded the weight limit of the floor and had to be moved to the basement.

Just look at the picture....
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...to-va-staff-1/

It's kind of interesting how different of a tone this is from his Hamilton "hey freedom of expression is cool, you do you" response.

It's also kind of interesting that we've reached a place where this response to such a peaceful means of protest is acceptable. Given the history and what they're protesting, it's hard to interpret the whole thing as anything other than "Get back in your place, blackie."

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think this "Colin Kaepernick reportedly is planning on standing for the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again" is the real story here. What a sell out.
    Considering Kaepernick didn't say that, as far as I can find, I don't know where you are getting your information. If it is from the Washington Examiner, you might want to check your sources again, since the CBS reporter actually said they never talked about the national anthem.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...fl-quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Considering Kaepernick didn't say that, as far as I can find, I don't know where you are getting your information. If it is from the Washington Examiner, you might want to check your sources again, since the CBS reporter actually said they never talked about the national anthem.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...fl-quarterback
    His feels. He gets his information from his feels.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    His feels. He gets his information from his feels.
    Well Newt Gingrich did say this was a feels before reals party now. Not entirely surprising that he is continuing it.

"I stand with our flag and against all the things that flag stands for."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So a couple hundred thousand of taxpayer money for transportation and staff so Trump could stage a childish political stunt. I can't believe Pence did it too. What a fucking chump.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So a couple hundred thousand of taxpayer money
    Try several million.

If you told me a year ago that kneeling football players would cause a political ruckus, I'd laugh. Currently, people are getting triggered by kneeling sports players...I'm laughing.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

The icing on the cake, aside from this 'excursion' as well as the countless non-WH outings that have had to be dealt with by taxpayers:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...22087606980609

When you can convince lower income families to chip in some of their hard earned cash to support the campaign trail and lifestyle of millionaires / multi-millionaires, you've got one hell of a scam going. These are the same folks, in many situations, who will believe welfare recipients to be one of the biggest problems the nation faces.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If you told me a year ago that kneeling football players would cause a political ruckus, I'd laugh. Currently, people are getting triggered by kneeling sports players...I'm laughing.
    Kneeling black football players. When a white football does it, everyone practically pees their pants from all the love and joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the non-story that keeps on...non-giving?

I hope this kneeling thing dies out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    What social media has done, has provided an easier platform for over-dramatic idiots and zealots to get their hot takes out on a daily basis. The media doesn't actually do any real investigating or reporting anymore, so they just put up these twitter feeds where they draw trends from tweets that were often only seen by 25 people or so. As long as it meets the leftist/globalist, America-destabilizing narrative it's all good in the hood.

The vast majority of people in America who go about their daily lives not giving a fuck about any of the various controversies of our time are not nearly as interested as you tumblerinas like to think. It's just sad that you would think that anyone really cares about your #wehazblacktwitternao arguments when the entire reason Trump was elected was to show you that we vehemently don't give a fuck. The fact that Trump masterfully uses your own chosen medium against you on a daily basis (to your overwhelming chagrin) is the fucking cherry on top.

You would be better served getting a useful career with a great long-term outlook and encouraging all your friends/family by setting an example. Go on ahead Calvin got a job!
    Polls say you're wrong:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/politi...ces/index.html

Washington (CNN)Seventy percent of Americans believe the federal investigation into Russia's efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election in the US should be able to look into President Donald Trump's finances, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.

Sixty percent of those polled view the probe as a serious matter that should be fully investigated, and a significant minority, 38%, view it as an effort to discredit Trump's presidency. By a roughly two-to-one margin, those polled disapprove of the way Trump is handling the Russia probe (59% disapprove, 31% approve).
    RELATED: One year into the FBI's Russia investigation, Mueller is on the Trump money trail

Trump has frequently called the investigation headed by former FBI director Robert Mueller and congressional inquiries a "witch hunt" in tweets, and his firing of FBI director James Comey led to the appointment of a special counsel to oversee the Justice Department investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Kneeling black football players. When a white football does it, everyone practically pees their pants from all the love and joy.

Actually Tebow was mocked and ridiculed for a long time.

Most people are not interested in the personal lives of professional athletes IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually Tebow was mocked and ridiculed for a long time.

Most people are not interested in the personal lives of professional athletes IMO.
    Literally every human who had a problem with Tebow kneeling to pray, defends Kapernick and company's kneeling, and vice verse. The hypocrisy is rampant on both sides.