Poll: Steven Segal VS Jean Claude Van Damn

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Steven Segal VS Jean Claude Van Damme

Steven Segal VS Jean Claude Van Damn Who would win in a street fight?

Both are up there in age and I have to admit in the 90s these two were my McConner vs Mayweather we never got to see.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-10 at 02:24 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I don't know who would win, but I know in a story told by Van Damme, and later confirmed by Sylvester Stallone, at a party at Sly's house years ago, Seagal was talking all this shit saying Van Damme can't fight and is a joke. Van Damme suggested they step outside, and see who the better fighter is. Seagal backed down and left the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I don't know who would win, but I know in a story told by Van Damme, and later confirmed by Sylvester Stallone, at a party at Sly's house years ago, Seagal was talking all this shit saying Van Damme can't fight and is a joke. Van Damme suggested they step outside, and see who the better fighter is. Seagal backed down and left the party.
    Yeah wish it had been filmed would have sold better than all the Expendables movies combined.

10+ Year Old Account

Is all I think about with Steven Segal, he's a pretty ridiculous person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You shut your blasphemous mouth the Expendables are all amazing pieces of work. Everybody needs a good ''90's'' mindless action-flick now and again.
    Didn't say they were bad just not as profitable as I would have imagined. However if Expendables 4 gets Steven Segal maybe all that will change. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    [IMG]Snip[/IMG]

Is all I think about with Steven Segal, he's a pretty ridiculous person.

Jean Claude Van Damme would crush Steven Segal and then finish the fight with his signature split.

Just thinking about it bring backs memories, my dad loved all of their action movies. I practically grew up on Van Damme, Segal, and Chuck Norris movies.

Steven Seagal obviously. Nobody even lays a finger on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Van Damme had more of a ballet and dance background then fighting when his career began. Seagal actually has a martial arts background. At this point it would be a sad display either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Didn't say they were bad just not as profitable as I would have imagined. However if Expendables 4 gets Steven Segal maybe all that will change. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Easy to win staged/scripted fights. Those people are sacrificing themselves to allow him to toss them around. Videos like this are why nobody takes Aikido seriously. Having black belts flop around as some old senior student of the art moves worse then Miyagi in The Next Karate Kid cheapens everybody involved.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-10-10 at 03:39 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Steven Seagal obviously. Nobody even lays a finger on him.
    What about Kelly Labrock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Van Damme had more of a ballet and dance background then fighting when his career began. Seagal actually has a martial arts background. At this point it would be a sad display either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy to win staged/scripted fights. Those people are sacrificing themselves to allow him to toss them around.
    So are you saying when more than one person attacks they aren't going wait patiently one after the other?

What about Kelly Labrock

- - - Updated - - -

So are you saying when more than one person attacks they are going wait patiently one after the other?
    They are falling before they are touched, nothing about that is natural movement. Aikido is sadly well known for these bull shit displays. 1980s WWF was more realistic then this nonsense.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Chuck Norris.

Deleted
    Irl fight oppnent won't stand there waiting for van damme's kicks which while pretty are easily blocked since u can see them coming from a mile away...
    It would end up on the ground n close combat

Advantage: Seagal

Deleted
    JCVD easily. He was 17-1 in full contact and competing internationally before becoming an actor. Seagull has a McDojo belt because his wifes dad had a dojo in japan.

judo Gene choked out Seagull and made him piss himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

WRONG. Van Damme was 17-1 with 17 KOs in full contact before becoming an actor. Competed under his real name Jean Claude Van Varenberg. Was on the Belgian national team etc. He would smoke McDojo Seagull. As would Dolph.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2017-10-10 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Those guys have to take a dive. Or Putin murders their pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Chuck Norris.
    This honestly. Memes aside Norris is a legend in the martial arts community for a reason. First westerner to achiever 8th degree grandmaster in Taekwondo. He held his Middleweight Karate championship title for 6 years which is unheard of. Other than Taekwondo he has a 10th degree black belt Chun Kuk Do, 9th degree black belt Tang Soo Do, 5th degree black belt in Karate, 3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and a black belt in Judo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    This honestly. Memes aside Norris is a legend in the martial arts community for a reason. First westerner to achiever 8th degree grandmaster in Taekwondo. He held his Middleweight Karate championship title for 6 years which is unheard of. Other than Taekwondo he has a 10th degree black belt Chun Kuk Do, 9th degree black belt Tang Soo Do, 5th degree black belt in Karate, 3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and a black belt in Judo.
    Except that one time he got choked out.

By one of the Gracies.

10+ Year Old Account
    JCVD all the way, especially now... JC has more or less kept up his training, while Segal is just a sad joke these days.

By one of the Gracies.
    While I don't buy into the hype about Norris, it's a bit unfair to use the time he got choked out by a Gracie (AKA, the family that all but invented BJJ) while using one of his least knows styles. Doesn't invalidate the fact that he has achieved some insane things in other styles.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    JCVD all the way, especially now... JC has more or less kept up his training, while Segal is just a sad joke these days.

While I don't buy into the hype about Norris, it's a bit unfair to use the time he got choked out by a Gracie (AKA, the family that all but invented BJJ) while using one of his least knows styles. Doesn't invalidate the fact that he has achieved some insane things in other styles.
    The post wasn’t to suggest otherwise. Just that no matter how tough a person thinks they are. There’s always 70 year old Brazilian name Gracie that can choke you out and make you look like Chuck there. Kind of inspirational.

10+ Year Old Account
    The post wasn’t to suggest otherwise. Just that no matter how tough a person thinks they are. There’s always 70 year old Brazilian name Gracie that can choke you out and make you look like Chuck there. Kind of inspirational.
    Haha, fair enough. They should make a motivational poster of that:

Remember, no matter how badass you think you are... step in the octagon with a 70yo called "Gracie" and you'll be choked out in 30 seconds flat.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    If Norris is in I would also say Judo Gene LeBell, he already made Seagull piss himself.

Masahiko Kimura and Kazushi Sakuraba would have something to say about that (They also ducked the crap out of prime Marco Ruas)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Haha, fair enough. They should make a motivational poster of that:

Remember, no matter how badass you think you are... step in the octagon with a 70yo called "Gracie" and you'll be choked out in 30 seconds flat.
    There is pretty much not a single relevant Gracie in MMA.. Renzo was just gifted a BS win at ADCC over Kikuta. Gracies always wanted special rules and biased judging.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2017-10-10 at 11:04 AM.