Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    there is no such thing as an anti SJW
    Better tell them that ahahahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    South Park and Futurama lead the pack for cartoons in intelligent writing.
    I like those shows (at least half the time in the case of South Park) but I don't know about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'd consider South Park "intelligent" writing but its raunchy humor is enough for any audience. You don't need to be "intelligent" to watch South Park or appreciate it, you just might miss out on certain points they are trying to make.

Not so much with Futurama.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I guess I'd consider South Park "intelligent" writing but its raunchy humor is enough for any audience. You don't need to be "intelligent" to watch South Park or appreciate it, you just might miss out on certain points they are trying to make.

Not so much with Futurama.
    The episode with Occulus Rift kinda bends my mind a little even after 5 or 6 rewatches. I still don't know if it is *meant* to make sense or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The human race was a mistake.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It should be noted that the shows own creator took to twitter to shit on pretty much any McDonalds employee who didn't appreciate that the Meme Sauce fucking caused riots at their place of employment. This coupled with his shows previous desire to escape treating their employees well helps paint a very unpleasant picture; especially of Dan Harmon.

Honestly Rick and Morty is tainted to a degree by just how shitty Dan Harmon is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Better tell them that ahahahaha.

I like those shows (at least half the time in the case of South Park) but I don't know about that.
    Futurama was rare for an American cartoon that had moments that actually were emotionally touching and even wonderful. Its a criminally underrated show, as much as its praised, its 1/10th of what it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Calvin and Hobbes will always and forever be so far superior to anything discussed here.

Though I admit, Futurama had its moments.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm not sure what I find more hilarious, McDonald's completely failing to capitalize on the advertising opportunity of a lifetime or the entitled whiners.
    My thoughts exactly.

Both sides failed big time

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Rick and Morty requires a genius level intelligence to understand at all. Sure, there are incredibly subtle pop culture references that I doubt more than 10% of people will recognize, but that doesn't require any level of intelligence other than going on youtube and searching 'all rick and morty obscure references'.

I think the whole point of the show is to simply be incredibly witty through adventurous story telling with a dark twist on social commentary and mental health. I understand that blunt, raunchy, improv, fart joke type humor isn't for everyone, but the show absolutely deserves credit for being mostly original.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Futurama was rare for an American cartoon that had moments that actually were emotionally touching and even wonderful. Its a criminally underrated show, as much as its praised, its 1/10th of what it deserves.
    'The Luck of the Fryish' episode is one of my favorite episodes. Definitely an underrated show.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
    If this is a serious post, this is some weapons-grade cringe right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    If this is a serious post, this is some weapons-grade cringe right here.
    It's a copy-pasta. If you put the first sentence into Google, the first link that pops up is Know Your Meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    It's a copy-pasta. If you put the first sentence into Google, the first link that pops up is Know Your Meme.
    oh good, I was worried for a sec.

But he left out the best part!

"And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid"

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    For the first few seasons anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Calvin and Hobbes will always and forever be so far superior to anything discussed here.
    But that's a comic strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good show imo. Fanbase can be extremely autistic and pushy though.

Somebody compared it to the big bang theory earlier (as a similar """smart show"""), I dont think that works, big bang theory only uses shit jokes with a laughtrack. Take away the laughtrack and it's just a really awkward conversation between a group of people.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I want trustworthy sauces for this information.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You didn't miss out. You wouldn't have gotten anything anyway. They started at 2:00pm and ran out before 3pm in most stores.
    Most stores got 20 packets if any at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I want trustworthy sauces for this information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    oh good, I was worried for a sec.

But he left out the best part!

"And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid"
    Yeah, I actually had a small panic attack (before anyone gives me crap for this, I am exaggerating) when a friend of a good friend of mine posted that on Facebook. Glad I thought to look it up at least.

Honestly, this whole debacle is part of why I just don't participate in fandoms. I like what I like, and I share that with my friends who have similar tastes, but I typically don't join in with the masses. I made a bit of an exception for Twin Peaks, but that fandom is pretty mature.
    Last edited by Dougie Cooper; 2017-10-12 at 02:20 PM.

I adore this show