Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That has nothing to do with what either you or I said. You said kneeling during the anthem is showing disrespect to those that fought for the country.

You're not just moving goalposts...you're changing the the goalposts into basketball hoops.
    i do think its showing disrespect, they can still do it. i can still think they are ungrateful fucks. and Goodell can still order them to stand or be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Would you apply that statement to Kim Davis as well? I recall the right being very enthusiastic about her.
    hell yes i would. she shouldn't dictate what her organization supports. if she wants to do that, she can go start her own business (obviously not in her line of work, but you get the point).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    i do think its showing disrespect, they can still do it. i can still think they are ungrateful fucks. and Goodell can still order them to stand or be fired.
    Right now he can't do anything really. There is no rule that says they have to stand for the national anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Shouldn't he be focused on the concussion problem instead of infringing on athlete's freedom of expression?
    Yah this guy is making tons of money for doing nothing. The commissioner before him made all the great decisions that is making the game great today. He should set up some kind of disability fund for all players that are getting that CTE condition from too many concussions but to do that he would have to admit there is a problem.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2017-10-11 at 07:19 AM.

Goodell can't fire anyone. He's not their boss. That's their Coach, GM and owner in that Order. Unless the NFL rules committee writes a rule on the matter at the next winter meeting he literally can't do a damn thing about it.

The only thing Goodell has control over the players is if if they violate a rule/policy he decides their punishment. They're not violating any rule or policy. AKA he can't do shit.

Fire them, don't make me fucking laugh.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-11 at 07:16 AM.

Just because you're butthurt about it doesn't mean it's disrespectful.

Right now he can't do anything really. There is no rule that says they have to stand for the national anthem.
    there was also no rule about celebrations before. he can dictate whatever the fuck he wants. if he says stand or there will be problems, you bet your ass every single owner will have every single piece of shit kneeler standing or put away off the field. for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Shouldn't he be focused on the concussion problem instead of infringing on athlete's freedom of expression?

His job is to make the owners as much money as possible. Let the Medical and rules committees figure out how to keep players from violently hitting each other. Of course players have the right to express their views and opinions. But just like every other job around the world. If you expressing your views and opinions hurts the companies ability to generate money, they have the right to fire you or tell you to stop.

Also i wish more people would realize that kneeling is a form of submitting to a higher authority. You kneel to kings, Gods, and higher powers. If they really wanted to protest they would sit not kneel. People getting upset with them kneeling are also stupid for not realizing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah this guy is making tons of money for doing nothing. The commissioner before him made all the great decisions that is making the game great today. He should set up some kind of disability fund for all players that are getting that CTI condition? from too many concussions but to do that he would have to admit there is a problem.
    they shouldnt need a disability fund with what they are paid. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    there was also no rule about celebrations before. he can dictate whatever the fuck he wants. if he says stand or there will be problems, you bet your ass every single owner will have every single piece of shit kneeler standing or put away off the field. for good reason.
    It doesn't work that way. The NFL rules committee changed the rules on celebration. Goodell didn't one day decide to change them. You literally have no clue how the process works at all clearly.

There is only one time a year new NFL rules can be voted on and passed. ONE TIME PER YEAR, voted on by an entire council and not one dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume that as it is apparent even in this forum that there are differing opinions. Those who think its just a clothing I believe are under that conclusion because they lack the sight to know what they truly have and what to be thankful for. However those who want to keep it on a elevated platform do no take in the changing and decaying nature of society's pride. Military service taking people to bogus lands to fight needless battles, those who have abused freedom of speech to the level that they can defecate on icons people worship or symbols that make other's heart swell with pride have all eroded the concept of the flags 'sanctity'. We have had the same political system for so long yet losers of the presidency always hate the electoral college. The majority of all terrorist acts on a global scale are done by those of a specific religion. In all society is no longer the place of dreams and ideals, the nation has abused and squandered its precious resource, its citizens.

For some that piece of cloth touches their heart spiritually on an emotional front that cannot be described in logic. Even as an atheist I understand how some can treasure a symbol, picking the flag as the battle ground is a poor choice. When there is a group prayer or moment of silence at least people with some self respect know when to at least shut up and let those who treasure that moment have it. This isnt about freedom of speech its about common human decency for the ideals of others. But most are about the self, the here and the now. But who cares, this nation is doomed to fall anyways with its debt and polarization of its people so might as well pull a George Carlin and stop giving a shit and just enjoy the show.

he is right, your place of work is not where you should be making political statements. In the real world, people would get fired if they started protesting bullshit in the middle of their work days.
    Lol. Labor strikes happen all the time in the real world. In fact it happened in the NFL not too long ago!

He's got no authority to do anything of the sort right now. And I am looking forward to seeing coaches bench their starting lineups for not standing during the anthem. It really does seem like a great way to lose games.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Lol. Labor strikes happen all the time in the real world. In fact it happened in the NFL not too long ago!
    Not too long ago?

You mean 1987, 30 years ago was not too long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    thats striking your work for change in that work place. not some made up sjw bullshit for attention that has NOTHING to do with your job. its not even in the same realm. it also runs the risk of losing your job.

- - - Updated - - -

He's got no authority to do anything of the sort right now. And I am looking forward to seeing coaches bench their starting lineups for not standing during the anthem. It really does seem like a great way to lose games.
    they wont need to bench them, owners will tell coaches, coaches will tell players, and it will be over with. if you think otherwise, you are very delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not too long ago?

You mean 1987, 30 years ago was not too long ago?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_lockout

they wont need to bench them, owners will tell coaches, coaches will tell players, and it will be over with. if you think otherwise, you are very delusional.
    And when the best player on your team still kneels no one is going to say shit to them. If you think otherwise, you are very delusional. Coaches and owners are not going to lose their best players over petty drama.

- - - Updated - - -

You do understand the difference in an owner lockout and a union strike?

Apparently not.

If it were that easy it would have already been done.

This is such an American thing.

Quite hilarious I must say in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I would assume that as it is apparent even in this forum that there are differing opinions. Those who think its just a clothing I believe are under that conclusion because they lack the sight to know what they truly have and what to be thankful for.
    About the same or slightly less than every other western nation?