Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard has already stated on multiple occasions that there will be another stat squish coming up next xpac. End of discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has also addressed this in multiple responses. Your hopes are dashed, Blizzard has acknowledged that Stat squishes will happen every 3 expansions.
    Blizzard says a lot of things that turn out not to be true though.
    You should take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Would be funny if they didn't and damage went up into the squillions. Warcraft would resemble a deranged cartoon math olympiad.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Plenty of information on line if you wish to educate yourself.
    I have no interest in learning about people who can't deal with numbers. That is like trying to learn about a flat earther. You already know there is something wrong with them to believe that in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I'm sure at some point before WOD they said a second stat squish would happen on the expansion after Legion.
    No one who was involved in that statement at the time are with the WoW development team anymore. No Pardo, Chilton or Street (ghostcrawler).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing more fun than gaining 5/10 levels but doin less damage than last xpac
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

The gear isn't getting better linear, but geometrical. If they don't do anything with it or won't make Stat squish, we're going to have MUCH higher differences between LFR and Mythic players(the range of DPS differences are going to be much wider that they're right now).

Which I don't care about as well. Stat values on gear are the smallest of problems WoW has. Delegeting even a single person to deal with it is a waste of resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the only reason stat squish happened after MoP was because engine couldn't handle such big numbers. All of other "reasons" was bullshit fed to sheep on the forums because sheep don't understand what computer science is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

They said another stat squish was inevitable back in WoD development, before they fixed the 32bit integer limit. They had no choice, which is why they did it in the first place. Now they do have a choice. The two options are as follows.

a) Do a metric ton of work rebalancing 110 levels of content so players see 4117 rather than 41.2B. Going by WoD history, probably miss lots of NPC abilities in testing and generally offer a degraded gameplay experience until it's fixed months later.

b) Don't.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-10-11 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The burden of proof is on the one with the ridiculous claim, so I'll just wait for you to produce it.
    Right. You said everyone loves seeing being numbers and doesn't want to see a stat squish. Back up your claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    why no one had this idea ? an add on that divides numbers by 1000, 2975112 becomes 2975, 2084963 dps becomes 2084.96 dps, that's brilliant
    It would be amazing. I never had the luck to play with normal numbers. If anyone here knows how to do it, I can already predict a global sucess !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post
    lol.

Math is hard.

100dps
    Man the next piece of gear we should give them 10% more stats
    110 dps
    omg 10% more damage

1000000000000000000000dps
    Man the next piece of gear we should give them 10% more stats
    1100000000000000000000dps
    omg 10% more damage

It was much harder with higher numbers.

And that. Is a fact!

Math isn't that hard.
    100000 = 100k
    1000000 = 1M
    1000000000 = 1bn

Etc.

I think they've said next xpack will have a squish but don't quote me on this.

Myself I do believe it's something to seriously consider, not because I can't handle doing millions of DPS, but because the inflation gets a bit out of hand at times. We started the xpack doing 250-300k damage in the first raid, now good players do 1.4M+, and we haven't even reached the final tier where I'm confident 2M single target DPS will be a common thing in the upper echelons even without short/cheesy fights. There's also an extremely large gap between poor DPS and good DPS; the gap should be there of course, but not when a well geared and skilled player does almost literally double the DPS of a poorly geared and skilled one that's not too far behind on ilvl.

I remember Blizzard saying the power growth would be more linear and less exponential after the first squish; obviously that has not really been the case, since in two xpacks and 10 levels we went from 50k-60K DPS (Highmaul) to what's likely to be 2M+ in Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    It really isn't imaginary. We humans find it easier to process small numbers than bigger ones.
    There is a reason we use terms like Mega Bytes and Giga Bytes or mm and Km.

It's easier for everyone to understand and compare a file size of 13 MB to another of 1.8 GB than a file size of 13000000 bytes with a 1800000000 bytes.
    The second is clearly bigger, but how many times? That's faster to answer when the number is presented short.
    Maybe they should just abbreviate the numbers then.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that the numbers doesn't get abbreviated, never, when you abbreviate 3280535 into 3M or 3,2M you loose information, i prefer a number squish before abbreviations.

They could just resort to abbreviating, although that would throw parsers off somewhat. "You deal 9044K damage"

EDIT: Should have read the last page of the thread before posting I guess XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry big numbers are scary for you.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    They could just resort to abbreviating, although that would throw parsers off somewhat. "You deal 9044K damage"

EDIT: Should have read the last page of the thread before posting I guess XD
    You can abbreviate the numbers in the Ui without affecting the combat logs.

Deleted
    its just a matter of calibrating how much rating is 1%, your character isnt more powerful because its ilvl1000, its because of the stats in percentages, which can be adjusted by the ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's not that they're scary, it's just much easier at a glance to see the difference between 416 and 461 than it is between 14513795 and 14597135.
    Difference between 14513795 and 14597135 doesn't matter nearly as much. It's still easy to see the difference between 4165786 and 4614876 on the meaningful digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's not that they're scary, it's just much easier at a glance to see the difference between 416 and 461 than it is between 14513795 and 14597135.
    That was a really bad comparison.

416 and 461 is a huge difference. That's almost an 11% increase.
    14513795 and 14597135 is a small difference. That's only a 0.6% increase.
    14513795 and 16110312 is a more fair comparison since that is also almost an 11% increase.

If you have problems seeing the difference between 1451379 and 16110312 then you probably have dyscalculia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    I see no one talking about this. I don't know if it's because people take it as a given or because they don't care having 1 billion dps on screen.

I personally think we are already in Legion WAYYYY past the mark of what is an "acceptable and humanly pleasing number" on screen.
    I really cannot identify myself or even udnerstand how much i'm doing when yo see 1 Milion damage or healing.

SO i hope the next item squish comes fast.
    Well with 4 difficulties for every tier, it's obvious that gear/ilvl moves too fast throughout an expansion.
    Look at vanilla, there was only 1 set of gear per raid instance.
    The gear in the raid instances were alot closer stat-wise than they are now, so it's no wonder we need a stat squish after every expansion.