Poll: How bored are you of WoW at the moment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I bet you also believe that they're "very hard at work fixing class balance too" lol.
    My favorite spec in the game (Outlaw) seems like abandonned so i'd rather say : WTF are they doing with fixing classes lol.

I haven't played since WoD, been playing for a month and am at ilvl 924 and artifact level 68. The catch up mechanics were great, but now what ? Grind WQ's for AP ? Hope to gods that another invasion point has opened since the last time I logged on ? I missed raiding this expac so I can't really comment on how good it was...., but I will say the daily activities, AP grind, flying grind imo just plain suck, I'm already sick of it after just 5 weeks

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to know what everyone's Mythic+ score is in here, if you aren't burnt out yet.

Mythic+ burned me out and everyone I played with. The people who pushed Mythic+ when EN was the only raid, they didn't even make it to Nighthold.

Who in here still plays WoW and is 1600 Mythic+ or above?

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    Argus scales with ilvl. I could bring a 870 Paladin and do just fine.

Haven't logged on since Wednesday, and i don't feel like playing the game again tbh. Got so much free time when you don't play that you don't even know what to do.

They somehow made the legion not feel like a threat. All they did was kill Tirion, Vol'jin, and Varian...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yeah did OP collect all mounts / pets / transmogs (WQ+drops)? Plenty to do even if you don't look for "power"

Class hall to 950 also does take a bit of time.
    Got exalted on both factions, and most of the mounts and 950 missions on my main. Also slowly working my two main alts towards the 950 goal. Phone app helps with my alts.

I get that Argus has lots of cool things, but I think the quest and mission gating as well as the effort/reward ratio is not tuned well. It might be that the ilvl scaling is making the dailies a chore. There should be an ilvl cutoff biased towards lower ilvls as opposed to mobs just never seeming to get easier with better gear. Isle of Thunder was much better imo. TI was better as well because of the layout and the glider trick. Also in TI, we had the seashell and banner to peel off mobs which made life a bit less tedious.

Argus seems like just rushing from mob dense location to another to sang chests or do rares/WQ. There is little reason to hang out there after clearing the maps. You can't camp rares like TI because they have 1 daily limit and chests are just too random and AWKWARD to farm except during clearing rares/WQ.

I don't get people who count NH as a 2nd tier.. Ever since TBC there has been intro raids with no tier pieces and then the tier raid(s). When I say THE mid tier I mean that the current raid is still the middle one with tier sets.

**EDIT** I know there is the eyeball thing and I do have the portable buff item. But that's like the Sightless Eye grind without the ganking. And putting the quality of life aggro reduction toy behind that grind is a terrible idea.

I think with a few more teleporters to get to important WQ nodes and a one quest gating I could bring my alts there for fun like I did in the broken shore. Right now it's only the argunite grind that keeps me doing stuff there.
    Last edited by facelesssoul; 2017-10-15 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm curious to know what everyone's Mythic+ score is in here
    Mythic+ score is one of the most idiotic things WoW community has created. Like Blizzard's idiot changes were not enough - we had to create our own stupid number to grind as well.

People who play MMO's are idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Mythic+ score is one of the most idiotic things WoW community has created. Like Blizzard's idiot changes were not enough - we had to create our own stupid number to grind as well.

People who play MMO's are idiots.
    Totally agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post
    So this might be purely subjective but I feel currently WoW is getting unusually boring. I've even weathered Cata, MoP and WoD without this feeling of 'hollowness'.
    It's called growing up. Happened to most of us players. Welcome to the disconnection.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    It's called growing up. Happened to most of us players. Welcome to the disconnection.
    I must be a late bloomer then .

OR bad game design and I'm still young and innocent !

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    That feeling ended for me when they may LFG and LFR, then it became "Sit in city and wait for queue to pop"

- - - Updated - - -

And there is literally nothing for those who don't raid anymore, dungeons are fast and you sit waiting in queue, LFR is a shit show, professions are useless, guilds are a glorified chat room and Dailies are boring (I should preface this with I have been raiding since TBC also and like you it was what I wanted).
    That last paragraph is objectively false. This is the first time there’s actually something to do outside of raiding aside from professions.

Mythic+ is the only other end game progression system for both casuals and hardcore players. They don’t go fast either unless you’re doing a +2-10. Most dungeons above that go slower. If you’re more hardcore (like you seem to be about raiding) you’d be pushing 15+ every day or so which is even longer. You get great rewards from it though and it keeps dungeons relavent. It’s one of the best systems the game has seen, easily. It’s fun, it’s an alternative to raiding, it caters to both hardcore/casual crowds (more rewards for hardcore crowd like artifact skins, achievements, better gear, etc) but its still an option for both.

I agree that raiding isn’t what it was because of the new RNG systems (free legendaries and mythic raiding gear was never a thing until now) and 4 difficulties. I can live with the difficulties but the RNG systems make mythic raiding not worth it to me. I have a few 930-945 heroic pieces on that are better or the same as standard mythic gear which is sad. However, stating that there’s nothing to do outside of raiding is BS. There’s entire guilds, streams, etc dedicated to mythic+ because it’s an alternative to raiding and you can do it with 4 other buddies/guildies. It’s very fun, I enjoy it when I’m not raiding and I do it as an alternative to hardcore raiding (I still raid but only heroic now).
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-10-15 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    I pretty much log on early morning and do Argus then log on an hour before the raid to do new quests on Argus then log off after finishing the raid.

It doesn't bode well that this is probably the last major raid of the expansion and the next patch simply bring a raid that is suppose to keep us occupied potentially as long as SOO/ICC.

I use to play more around this time of the expansion due to battlegrounds/arena. While PvP has never been balanced throughout it's history I honestly feel that not only is it incredibly unbalanced now it is also boring/tedious to play. I did not play WoD at all and this is the first time I have ever felt this way about PvP. And judging by participation numbers this I am not alone in this opinion.

Content wise legion had been excellent up until the release of the broken shore.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    You're saying just because I don't like something, it doesnt mean that it's not good. I'm replying with just because you like something, it doesn't make it good.
    You need to seek help
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that this is a consequence of the catch-up mechanics and increased focus on accessibility more than anything else. I think we've come to a point where you do the exact same thing, in the exact same setting/environment with the exact same rewards in a way too small timeframe. Every character does the same uninteresting zones to get 110. Every character has a lot of identical class quests. Every character will get the classmount in X amount of time. Every character will do the exact same dungeons as the ones before, over and over. Every character will do the exact same single current raid in a few difficulties you've already seen before, over and over. Every character goes through the exact same Argus progress and will recieve pretty much the same rewards (bit of AP, sometimes a useful relic, some mounts of which you probably only like a few).

I think this expansion's major design flaw is the insane focus on repetition of the exact same thing, all in very short order. And that it kills people's desire to play.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    I feel that this is a consequence of the catch-up mechanics and increased focus on accessibility more than anything else. I think we've come to a point where you do the exact same thing, in the exact same setting/environment with the exact same rewards in a way too small timeframe. Every character does the same uninteresting zones to get 110. Every character has a lot of identical class quests. Every character will get the classmount in X amount of time. Every character will do the exact same dungeons as the ones before, over and over. Every character will do the exact same single current raid in a few difficulties you've already seen before, over and over. Every character goes through the exact same Argus progress and will recieve pretty much the same rewards (bit of AP, sometimes a useful relic, some mounts of which you probably only like a few).

I think this expansion's major design flaw is the insane focus on repetition of the exact same thing, all in very short order. And that it kills people's desire to play.
    100% agree on this + the massive amounts of mindless copy & paste content. Legion is a fast food expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm curious to know what everyone's Mythic+ score is in here, if you aren't burnt out yet.

Mythic+ burned me out and everyone I played with. The people who pushed Mythic+ when EN was the only raid, they didn't even make it to Nighthold.

Who in here still plays WoW and is 1600 Mythic+ or above?
    What's the point of even pushing m+ score? Majority of players are reward driven, not challenge seekers for the sake of challenge. Farming loot for titanforges is pointless, as drops are equal to hc TOS and anyone who raids mythic doesn't need 99% of m+ loot (with exception of some relics and maybe trinkets, but only very specific ones, chances of those to drop at 930+ atm = very small), AP farming is easier and faster on Argus, same with legendary BLP farming. So what's even the reason to farm m+?

And tbh what you said, that people who farmed m+ quit before NH due to burnout etc., was the primary reason Blizzard nerf hammered m+ somewhere around 7.2 as far as I remember, despite big tears from community. Removing 3-chesting and nerfing AP was to save community from themselves and disincentivize "living in the Maw of Souls", because yeah, I knew people exactly like that, with 1,5k-2k m+ runs before 7.2, and now they're offline on my btag friendlist for months and months with no hearing back from them.

P.S. My mythic+ score doesn't exist because I usually run my weekly chest near the end of the reset as it's easier to find people then, but by that time a +10~+12 doesn't even register on the leaderboard anymore. I tried to switch that pattern to earlier in the week, but sign ups were worse, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sigh. If MMOs are nothing but a receptive grind without challenge or story, then the people who play them are idiots.

The only reason to 'grind' is 1) to get something definite ("Exalted in this rep gets you a mount you really want." Not a chance that it might drop someday, it's a reward) or 2) to progress on something (raids, usually), 3) to do something as a group with friends etc.

If you're just mindlessly grinding mobs for a chance at some random drop, you're a fool. That;'s not playing a game, that's a rat pecking at a target in hopes a pellet might be given to it.
    "If you like something I don't like then you're all idiots." Well played Clevin. Your avatar suits you.

Personal note, don't try any of the Diablo games. You'll hate them. They're nothing but grinding in the hopes of gear a few % better than what you have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    I've taken brand new 110's in sub 900 gear and handled myself just fine on Argus.

I'm about to cancel my sub. I returned back to wow 1 month for legion.
    Don't feel like leveling an alt and doing the artifact grind on either alt or main.
    I could grind few mounts weekly or collect appearance sets, but I feel like my time is better spent doing something more productive IRL. I already have most of the TBC/Wrath era mounts. And besides, grinding mounts is a one-shot fest now and it's about how many high level alts do you have.
    I could do rep grind for Legion, but I'm not sure what the tangible rewards are. I don't have 500k for Argus mount.

I had this thought today that are you supposed to do Argus dailies for one year until next expansion?
    I also bought a full 910 gear so there's no need for me to run LFR or anything.
    I could make money in auction house by mining Argus, which is okay.

So not many things to do for a casual, but I'm already very done with the game :P
    Not so lucrative idea to level an alt and do the same gearing route as I did on my warr. That's basically few dungeons and then world quests. Very repetitive...?
    But that's because argus gear > LFR, dungeons etc.
    And to get to Argus, let's repeat the same questline.
    I've also done all the quests already in Legion, where as in other expansions, you could have taken an alternative leveling route.
    #lifegoeson

I have to say the 1 month I played was okay. It took me 2 weeks to get flying and questing on the broken isles continent was okay.
    Last edited by patuxz; 2017-10-15 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post
    snip
    Hard to disagree with anything said really. Titanforging and RNG on top of RNG has made the game feel very hollow and unfriendly on repeat playing with alts.

Unless you have a good guild and enjoy pushing raids theres very little reason to stick around.