The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No, no it does not.

The act does not define ARMS. The act limits/infringes 2A, by saying what arms are ok. Again, you need to think this through instead of being spooned by the right /NRA. If the FFs had meant firearms instead of arms, this act wouldn't be needed.

The point was and is, 2A has already been infringed.
    It does as far as what options we have if we feel they are being infringed upon. I do not need to think through what is clearly easy to understand. Note however, in general I do agree with you. But when it comes to the Arms in the Second Amendment, we already have a legal definition what is is defined as. I think we are done however, just repeating ourselves at this point.

Meanwhile, I will be waiting for the Supreme Court to rule it is Unconstitutional to allow firearms to be carried concealed, but not knifes which can be used for self defense. Lol.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-10-16 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    this right here is why you arent taken seriously you're full of shit and its not even subtle when you say garbage like this
    It is 100% true. Your gun laws are virtually non-existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    this right here is why you arent taken seriously you're full of shit and its not even subtle when you say garbage like this
    Except he's not wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    in the old days, for eg. medieval times. people could carry swords etc for protection. if they could afford a sword that is. Not a history expert, but i think it is safe to assume there was PLENTY of violence back then. Of course, back then society was much less advanced.
    Actually it varied over time and across countries. Swords were illegal or regulated in some medieval societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    "Lets not turn this into a gun control thread" - Kek.

Why on earth did a 65 year old need 40+ guns.. I'll admit I'm ignorant on Murricas gun laws but.. Isnt there a register or something of gun owners and how many guns they have purchased? Should buyin X amount of guns in a year set of a red flag somewhere?
    More than likely he was running guns. As to why he decided to USE one of them? only he knows the answer to that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

No, now that is bullshit.

Arms does not mean firearms. You are literally making that up. Arms means weapons. And again, if it did mean what is commonly used then, well, we aren't using what was commonly used then. You cannot have it both ways.
    I can't entirely blame him, the courts have been ridiculously inconsistent on this point. For example, a Washington S.C. ruled last year that a fixed blade knife isn't covered by the Second Amendment since it's a tool rather than a weapon (City of Seattle v Evans). Which puts the government in the comical position of being able to regulate everyday tools but not weapons. You want a kitchen knife? Too bad, but you can have as many switchblades as you like.

I'm not sure if this decision is being appealed or might be overturned, either way it really highlights the absurdity of rendering one kind of inanimate object immune from restriction, and nothing else.

http://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/pdf/906084.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    More than likely he was running guns. As to why he decided to USE one of them? only he knows the answer to that question.
    23 of them*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Doesn’t Switzerland issue a gun to each and every adult male? And it has the lowest gun related crime rate in the civilized word too!
    Their gun crime rate is so low it isn’t even kept.
    Switzerland has about the same number of guns per capita as Australia, ie around a quarter of the US's. Its homicide rate is a little under 1 per 100k, in line with most other developed Western nations. Aside from the US, which by an astonishing coincidence also has about four times their homicide rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    It has nothing to do with training and everything to do with it being more or less a homogenized society.

They lack some of the more uh... vibrant(?), sub-cultures of the USA.
    About 23% of Switzerland is foreign-born compared to ~13% of the US. It has FOUR official languages.

I don't know where you guys get this idea that everywhere outside the US is some big smear of white bread, but it's rooted in ignorance.

Or is this just more code talk for "it's all black people's fault"?

About 23% of Switzerland is foreign-born compared to ~13% of the US. It has FOUR official languages.

I don't know where you guys get this idea that everywhere outside the US is some big smear of white bread, but it's rooted in ignorance.

Or is this just more code talk for "it's all black people's fault"?
    This is why I specified sub-cultures.

No, that country does not have the amount of violent sub-cultures the USA has.

And yes, specifically black and hispanic sub-cultures account for a huge amount of homicides in our country.

You think "gun training" (as people like to point out for Switzerland) is going to magically make people non-violent?
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-15 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    This is why I specified sub-cultures.

No, that country does not have the amount of violent sub-cultures the USA has.

And yes, specifically black and hispanic sub-cultures account for a huge amount of homicides in our country.

You think "gun training" (as people like to point out for Switzerland) is going to magically make people non-violent?
    No I think gun control is the reason Switzerland, like all your peers, has a dramatically lower gun homicide rate.

But thanks for confirming my suspicions re: coded racism.

No I think gun control is the reason Switzerland, like all your peers, has a dramatically lower gun homicide rate.

But thanks for confirming my suspicions re: coded racism.
    How are facts racist? Is that like the left's version of Fake News?

This is information directly from the Department of Justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't entirely blame him, the courts have been ridiculously inconsistent on this point. For example, a Washington S.C. ruled last year that a fixed blade knife isn't covered by the Second Amendment since it's a tool rather than a weapon (City of Seattle v Evans). Which puts the government in the comical position of being able to regulate everyday tools but not weapons. You want a kitchen knife? Too bad, but you can have as many switchblades as you like.

I'm not sure if this decision is being appealed or might be overturned, either way it really highlights the absurdity of rendering one kind of inanimate object immune from restriction, and nothing else.

http://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/pdf/906084.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

In Ohio, you can own switchblades, but not carry them out in the public. In fact, the knife laws in Ohio say you can not carry concealed any knife if the blade is over 3 1/2" long, has a pointed end and a surrogated edge. The knife laws across the states vary a lot. Now some states do have it in their Constitutions, knifes as personal self defense weapons and they do allow them to be carried concealed. Even Switchblades.

And no, it would do no good to challenge it in a Federal court, because even if it did make it to the Supreme Court, odds are they would not even look at the case, knowing the understanding is Arms in the Constitution does not refer to any weapons but firearms. Not saying I agree with this, but it is the way it is for now at least. And I do not think it will change.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-10-16 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It does as far as what options we have if we feel they are being infringed upon. I do not need to think through what is clearly easy to understand. Note however, in general I do agree with you. But when it comes to the Arms in the Second Amendment, we already have a legal definition what is is defined as. I think we are done however, just repeating ourselves at this point.

Meanwhile, I will be waiting for the Supreme Court to rule it is Unconstitutional to allow firearms to be carried concealed, but not knifes which can be used for self defense. Lol.
    I feel like you're being purposely obtuse.

I'm saying 2A has already been infringed by limiting what arms are allowed. You are saying, "Nope not true and here's an act that infringes what arms we can have to prove how wrong you are about 2A already being infringed."

In all honesty, its is fucking batshit cuckoo bird bananas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you're being purposely obtuse.

I'm saying 2A has already been infringed by limiting what arms are allowed. You are saying, "Nope not true and here's an act that infringes what arms we can have to prove how wrong you are about 2A already being infringed."

In all honesty, its is fucking batshit cuckoo bird bananas.
    And I feel you are having a meltdown. lol!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    why are they so hardline against swords and axes? they're hard to conceal, and it's a lot harder to kill 50 people with 23 axes and/or swords. at that point though, you could just use a sufficiently large stick because you'd be built like a freight train from carrying all that shit around.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So a 28 year old girl who was a survivor of the shooting and made statements that there were multiple shooters was found dead the other day. Apparently she just randomly died in her sleep. Seems like the media isn't even really covering this one.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4553338/la...-unexpectedly/
    http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/201...-dies-suddenly

Her archived statement and an excerpt from it:

http://archive.is/cgRzy#selection-933.0-933.182
    Oh look...a rational explanation in the article you posted:

“Kymberley had epilepsy and she’s always been prone to seizures — she told her friend that she recently had three focal seizures,” Norton told the Daily Press. “I believe the stress from the shooting took her life.”
    Media usually doesn't spend a lot of time on death caused by epileptic seizures...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inc lock because people are angry? Q.Q

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    The state has no authority here. Like I said. Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.
    Well. Regulated. Militia.

Also the level of ownership allowed for armaments has been super infringed already, so... yeah.
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2017-10-16 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is no longer about the Las Vegas situation but is purely discussing gun regulation, so we are closing this here.

Further Gun Control discussion can be held in the active mega thread we have on this topic already: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread/page2391

CLOSED.