Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Self-defense? Why would you absolutely need one today for self-defense? If there is a credible threat to your person the cops can do their job, no need. Hunting and competition you never need a gun spur of the moment. Hunting is a planned event that requires a license. Competitions are also planned events that you typically train for and don't suddenly need a new gun, let alone the fact that neither of those last two are needs, they're wants. Try again.
    News flash, the cops generally cant do their job until AFTER the crime has been committed, as they are under no obligation to defend you proactively. You can be a victim, I prefer to not be one. I can be invited to go hunting tomorrow and get a license tomorrow for a type of animal I do not have a proper firearm for (it has happened to me).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I would've thought the actual crime was in poor taste. And the lack of gun control that continues to enable them.

In the case of the US of course, the answer is probably not many because you're already pretty much at gun saturation levels.
    Your attempts to be funny and edgy are really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Your attempts to be funny and edgy are really poor.
    I was actually trying to make a point more than get a laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Self defense. Hunting. Competition.
    I've been camping/hunting most of my young life. You know well in advance of when you're going 99% of the time. Any kind of competition again is typically scheduled many months if not even years in advance. Absolutely zero of which are inconvenienced by a wait period.

Self defense? Other ways to defend yourself for the spur of the moment short term also insanely improabable. Most people don't just magically realize they're going to be home invaded 2 days before it happens.

Try again.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    USA is maybe the last country in the world who didn't change its constitution since more than TWO HUNDRED YEARS !!!!

Evolve, modernize, remove the shit as the far west period is finished now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I've been camping/hunting most of my young life. You know well in advance of when you're going 99% of the time. Any kind of competition again is typically scheduled many months if not even years in advance. Absolutely zero of which are inconvenienced by a wait period.

Self defense? Other ways to defend yourself for the spur of the moment short term also insanely improabable. Most people don't just magically realize they're going to be home invaded 2 days before it happens.

Try again.
    No need, you showed I was correct.

- - - Updated - - -

I was actually trying to make a point more than get a laugh.
    But you admit you were trying to get a laugh.

But you admit you were trying to get a laugh.
    Black comedy. Rather like US gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    How edgy, trying to make points by making a joke over a tragedy.
    And perhaps I do need one right now and not in an undetermined amount of time (days, weeks) decided on by the mood of a faceless bureaucrat.
    Im sorry, but you do not get to complain about tragedies like these, you get to choose, one is you get to complain about these tragedies and wanting to curb this stupid gun fetish of the country with decent gun laws, or you get to be a gun nut and call these tragedies Tuesday. But you don't get to go "oh boo ooh, these people, its so tragic", and at the same time not wanting to do anything about gun control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Statistics show you're far more likely to shoot a family member than successfully protect yourself with a firearm. It's not something you absolutely must have today, and if you do have it the odds of you successfully defending yourself are fairly low. Good news is there are tons of other options with no waiting period.
    Those statistics are kill intruder vs kill family member (and the kill family member usually includes suicide), and do not account for non-fatal self defense. If you need it, you need it. The simple truth is the police cannot and will not protect you. There job is to arrest your murderer, not to prevent them from killing you in the first place.
    Those other options are generally useless, like the police, in saving your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Im sorry, but you do not get to complain about tragedies like these, you get to choose, one is you get to complain about these tragedies and wanting to curb this stupid gun fetish of the country with decent gun laws, or you get to be a gun nut and call these tragedies Tuesday. But you don't get to go "oh boo ooh, these people, its so tragic", and at the same time not wanting to do anything about gun control.
    So black and white.

"Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?"

I see no reason whatsoever that this shouldn't be 99% "Yes" in the poll. Weirdly enough it is not.. I keep reading people stating it is people who kill people, not guns.. or that criminals don't follow laws anyway. I never heard anyone make a convincing statement on why there are so many more gun fatalities in the US compared to civilized western Europe countries where guns are banned completely. Every time a accident does occur they jump on it and state "see, it happens there as well and if they had a gun they could defend themselves" yet never look at the real numbers of accidents each year.

Guns kill people. You don't want them near you or anyone you love unless you are in a shooting gallery, an authorized hunt or in law enforcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh-huh. And the other simple truth is that very few people ever successfully use a gun in self-defense. If you "need" one for self-defense you need to grow up and stop needing a blankie. You atill don't need one instantly for that and you have long since forgotten any other potential reasons someone would need a gun instantly.

Keep dreaming that dream of being a hero with a gun though. If it ever happens buy a lotto ticket. You are about as likely to hit the jackpot.
    "Dreaming of being a hero" lol, thats rich. Thats like saying I have a fire extinguisher because I dream of being a firefighter. I would much prefer that I never have to point a gun at anyone, let alone shoot them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news! You are more likely to shoot someone you love or have your gun stolen than to ever actually use it in self-defense.
    The chance that I shot someone I love is 0.

Deleted
    So black and white.
    Of course its black and white, there simply aren't any gray area's here.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    The person who's most likely to harm you has and always will be a friend or family member. I'm sorry that you're a big enough piece of shit to feel you need a firearm to account for how big of an asshole you are . Not to mention there's a ton of other items like pepper spray that can just as easily do that. You just choose to pretend they don't exist or are useless because guns. I'm glad I don't live in your world where you constantly piss yourself because an assailant is always after you.

If your logic is the random assailant a dog is and always will be better.
    As a trainer and a Breeder of K9 Protection dogs for over 20 years I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are full of shit. A k9 is not better then having a firearm for defense. The two actually go together as it is the K9s job to deter the assialiant long enough for you to get away or get armed. The Dog usually pays with his life .And as a cost comparision it can easily cost you over $20k for a decent protection animal by the time you add in the years and years of training required and time investment.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like background checks?
    Those could be improved some. But it is not like we do not do those. They did the last time I bought one and my conceal carry permit, they did a good background check, took finger prints, etc. Was not instant. lol! And a one time safety course before you can purchase a firearm. Does not have to be a long one. You can teach a person proper safe use of a firearm in a hour or less. I think the Bump Stocks which allow a semi auto rifle to simulate auto fire, should not be legal.

- - - Updated - - -

Statistics show you're far more likely to shoot a family member than successfully protect yourself with a firearm. It's not something you absolutely must have today, and if you do have it the odds of you successfully defending yourself are fairly low. Good news is there are tons of other options with no waiting period.
    Statistics pushed by the anti-gun rights crowd to make it appear more to fit their narrative by leaving out other factors. But of course you are more likely get injured by a firearm than if you did not have one. duh.

I like having the option to use a firearm for self defense. Thankfully I live in a country which gives me not only that option, but can not deny me the right to.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh-huh. And the other simple truth is that very few people ever successfully use a gun in self-defense. If you "need" one for self-defense you need to grow up and stop needing a blankie. You atill don't need one instantly for that and you have long since forgotten any other potential reasons someone would need a gun instantly.

Keep dreaming that dream of being a hero with a gun though. If it ever happens buy a lotto ticket. You are about as likely to hit the jackpot.
    That is not a simple fact. It is one which you take reported events and then base your statistics on that info. There are a lot of incidents where firearms are used in self defense situations which are never reported. The act of pulling a firearm in some cases can deter aggression.

And here we go again, resorting to insulting people. So common when people do not have a good argument. I am thankful I do not need your permission to choose what self defense tools I want to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post

I see no reason whatsoever that this shouldn't be 99% "Yes" in the poll. Weirdly enough it is not.. I keep reading people stating it is people who kill people, not guns.. or that criminals don't follow laws anyway. I never heard anyone make a convincing statement on why there are so many more gun fatalities in the US compared to civilized western Europe countries where guns are banned completely. Every time a accident does occur they jump on it and state "see, it happens there as well and if they had a gun they could defend themselves" yet never look at the real numbers of accidents each year.

Guns kill people. You don't want them near you or anyone you love unless you are in a shooting gallery, an authorized hunt or in law enforcement.
    I do not support banning a weapon which looks scary.

Well, you do have the option not to use one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    As a trainer and a Breeder of K9 Protection dogs for over 20 years I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are full of shit. A k9 is not better then having a firearm for defense. The two actually go together as it is the K9s job to deter the assialiant long enough for you to get away or get armed. The Dog usually pays with his life .And as a cost comparision it can easily cost you over $20k for a decent protection animal by the time you add in the years and years of training required and time investment.
    Dogs are awesome to have in your house to help sound the alarm and in some cases, criminals will simply avoid a house to break into if they know a dog is there. We have 2 dogs.

The 2nd amendment is about fighting tyranny. I only hope it`s not a tyranny of thought trying to bully people into thinking "the right way".

Also, if you are not an American you cannot understand why we consider this a right because you more often than not have never had the rights we have. You do not have the proper experience to form a meaningful opinion. Much in the same way an American cannot truly understand things like communism and true government oppression.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddotron View Post
    The 2nd amendment is about fighting tyranny. I only hope it`s not a tyranny of thought trying to bully people into thinking "the right way".

Also, if you are not an American you cannot understand why we consider this a right because you more often than not have never had the rights we have. You do not have the proper experience to form a meaningful opinion. Much in the same way an American cannot truly understand things like communism and true government oppression.
    That is not the only thing as determined by the Supreme Court. It can be used as a right to use firearms for personal self defense. Personally I have no fear or concerns at all of ever having to join a anti-government resistance force. lol! But overall, you do make some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post

It is very simple logic. If you have more guns, you will have more gun deaths. It also follows that if you have more cars you will have more car accidents and deaths from accidents.

Nobody denies this fact. I really dont know why people keep trying to bring up this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m starting to progress towards the idea everyone should be allowed a firearm.

Because

1. Being trained long enough now, I don’t fear everyone with a gun because many can’t aim.
    2. Maybe if all you Charles Bronson’s had to deal with others armed their smug bullshit would end.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-16 at 01:52 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I see the usual hyperbolic posters are out today.

Keep insulting gun owners. Its worked out great for you so far. lol