Poll: Do you agree?

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Yup, the game was good, then WoTLK came out.
    Yup, the game was good, then Vanilla came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    Yeah haha, because the RNG problem is specific to loot tables.
    I fucking wish dude.
    Bro, not being able to raid because the boss hasn't popped yet is a bigger issue than most anything in modern WoW.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Time, it was bound to happen

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the main problem is that they started focusing too much on making the game look better, at the expense of making it any good.

This is why WoD/Legion are so light on content compared to Vanilla/TBC/WotLK despite the dev team allegedly being much larger, they spend far too long making sure a rock looks like a real rock and not a rock coloured polygon and run out of time for quests/etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Honestly I think the main problem is that they started focusing too much on making the game look better, at the expense of making it any good.

This is why WoD/Legion are so light on content compared to Vanilla/TBC/WotLK despite the dev team allegedly being much larger, they spend far too long making sure a rock looks like a real rock and not a rock coloured polygon and run out of time for quests/etc.
    You're right. The graphic design team also creates quests and raid bosses.

WoTLK started strong, but went downhill with ToC.
    This is very true. :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    What was your ilvl when you returned cause unless you had atleast 900+/or played pretty much 24/7 and had INSANE luck with drops. Also im pretty sure your stats for your class must have been shit if you just go by the ilvl.

There could ofc be that you happened to come back to your guild/friends that have played during your absence so the boosted you in Mythic and then NO that dont count cause most people dont have that option.
    brand new character. I went to broken shore, went to 890 ilvl, pushed some m+ went to 900ilvl with some drops. Joined a normal run went up to KJ with that run, went to like 905+ and made my own HC group, killed first 4 bosses on HC for that week and my highest m+ was +12 out of 15 that was the maximum for gear. Next week I was at 910+ easier to do everything and reached 915 by that week which allowed me to do a +15 on my own stone. 3rd week I went up to KJ on HC did all the crap around and was sitting at 930ilvl, 924 equipped. My stats were bad for week 1 and 2, the 3rd week i prioritised my stats and everything was fine. Argus came in after the 3rd week which I already had 924 equipped and the content on argus was quite easy going through on my warrior.

So I don't care, call it luck or whatever you wanna call it, I am just saying the game and gearing in the game has become way too easy. :/

Btw if I was to start a char now that Argus is out I'd be around 930 ilvl in the 1st week instead but thats ok since the new raid is coming out at some point.

Also your disbelief is kind of understandable if it took you too long to get to 930ilvl, I think you just did it the wrong way and you were focusing on stuff that didn't matter instead of following the easy path.
    And as for boosting I didn't buy any boosts or anything, I had the patience of making my own group and getting boosted by others for free, if you don't have that patience then its your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I'm not even sure it started especially strong. Ulduar was good, but can you imagine if an expansion came out with no group content except for a recycled raid instance copy+pasted from two expansions ago and some very easy 5-mans (much easier than anything that had been in the game pre-WotLK) and that was it for 6 months before the first patch? People would riot.

It was ok at the time and Blizzard got away with it because the vast majority of people back then didn't raid and didn't know better, and many of them were seeing Naxx for the first time and it was their first time going into any kind of raid. But if they tried to pull that shit now...
    naxx want really old content when you consider that something like less than .01% of the player base even killed a single boss there during vanilla. EoE was cool, too. and sartharion was very challenging (3d, of course, especially 10 man)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    This is very true. :/
    Ulduar was best!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    90% of the WoW community won't agree with you. WoTLK was the bomb. From Cataclysm it went downhill...
    From the pov of alot of players that started playing in vanilla, wotlk truly was the downhill start.
    Herocs dungeons was a joke compared to the dungeons you ha in both vanilla and tbc.
    Wotlk introduced only 2 new raidbosses and an old undertuned reused raid, most top 100guilds had cleared all raid content before week1 was finished while still wearing mostly tbc gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    At what point did we establish that "WOW is ruined"

the Warlords of Draenor path had the potential to ruin WOW. Luckily they turned the ship around and made Legion which brought in tonnes of stuff to do.
    Across my 12 toons I never just sit around with nothing to do.

you can allways do a dungeon (Heroic, Mythic or Mythic+)
    Or you can raid. Multiple difficulty levels aswell.
    If you want to solo you can go allout collector. (Mogs, pets, mounts, toys etc.)
    Chromie scenarios.
    Mage tower challenges.
    Pet battles.
    Death of Chromie.

And lots more...

This game is not even near ruined...
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

my job ruined my game time
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    Making us the centre of attention.

It fuels a notion of self importance which is unrealistic.

Legion is better than the game had been in a long time, so I wouldn't say 'ruined'.
    Things I strongest regret that were added:
    - cross server anything destroyed the community
    - Heirlooms. I don't mind speedups for leveling, but boy was that an epically bad choice of implementation

Uhhhh, dude. There are 3 things I need to say:

1. WoW was ALWAYS ruined. Say otherwise, idc. It was never really good. And no, the progression back in the day was merely "okay". Now, it's bad. However, i'd rather take nowaday's progression over having to farm professions and shit every day. Shit's time consuming, and job-losing.

2. Play another game? if you think WoW's ruined, go play Runescape, or something.

3. Or, if you think you want to "change the game", even though it was always bad to begin with, and now you just want to make it worse, then go talk on Blizzard's actual WoW page.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to the people agreeing:

WoW was worse back in the day, and it's still shit now.

Other than TBC, Vanilla was a boring grindfest that was just slightly better than Everquest, and Wrath was a casual playground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

What? Legion light on content?

Aha...AHAHAHAHA

TBC and Wrath were both Raid or Die situations. Like, are you kidding me?

Legion at least has you do something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, the game was good, then WoTLK came out.
    Winner. the steady downward spiral to loss of server community and identity, and most of all freindships.

I had some good times through Wrath and even xpacks later. Now I found a casualesq bunch of retirees like myself who still get stuff done, but in tune with the way the game is.

1) LFD then LFR couped with this horrific cross realm crap.

2) homoginization, that people who didn't play pre wrath do not have a clue about.

It's still an enjoyable thing to do, but It'll never have the magic back.

What ruined WoW is that we aged. Everything is awesome as a 12-15 year old who just got into rpg gaming. When you are 25-45 you see most things more practically.