Poll: Do you agree?

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The thing responsible for the big success, is also responsible for its slow demise.

With every big content patch or with every addon you are starting from anew. Class-changes and redesign made the "rinse and repeat" very attractive. But at some point people are not interested anymore to follow this "rinse and repeat" stuff after years. At some point you don't see the lore anymore or any other visual distractions, but only the "rinse and repeat" mechanic behind the game.

new colours, new mechanics, new items, new models, the lore is going further.... but at the end the game experience / the pattern follows still the exact same way like a decade before.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Meeting stones only allowed summons in BC, vanilla where just what the name says, meeting stones.
    Not entirely accurate.

At the beginning of vanilla you could click a meeting stone and sign up for the dungeon it represented. When five players had signed up they formed a group automatically. This was not convenient at all, tho, since you could end up in a group with no healer or tank.

I'm not even sure when they removed this system since i stopped clicking meeting stones very early (basically after my first, which was Deadmines meeting stone).

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    It absolutely did not. The heroics were joke, all the raiding content was cleared within like 3 days of the release (save for sarth+3 which was a gear check), and wintersgrasp was a hot mess of lag and vehicles. PvP in general was a complete joke with the hero class being way too heroic

Ulduar was all WotLK had going for it at any point in time
    ICC heroic was pretty good too. The problem was the time-gated for killing the Lich King by having a wipe limit. Some of the best encounters in the game are in ICC. But otherwise I agree with you.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-10-20 at 12:45 PM.

Video killed the radio star.

Deleted
    This time i won't say it's shit. It's simply different, way too much compared to the game it used to be, i simply don't like it anymore, that's why i don't play it.

I must agree I guess...
    I just picked an alt to level up, after a while... and oh my god dungeons and well quest mobs in general are so bullshit... I can pull the universe and just aoe everything down

Deleted
    I agree
    I blame LFD, it killed the community and then LFR appeared.

I still love the game and once per expansion I try it again but after a while I get pissed bored. I get to see everything and get geared without having to say a single word in chat. The game is so easy it gets boring. I actually miss putting marks on targets to CC them. It kind of forced ppl to socialize and you were more likely to add them to your friends list and play again together. That was what builds guilds and communities

This thread won't change anything I bet, since all the other threads like it didn't over the years.

Wake up there imo Blizzard....since you obviously haven't a clue.....
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

You can expect about 15-20k concurrent daily people to play on the legacy servers, just counting the private server community.

This is equivalent to average daily log-ins for 3 high-pop servers. Then add on the usual WoW junkies plus some others due to hype and that's what you get. Whether Blizzard thinks that is worth it is another story.

10+ Year Old Account
    So few people understand the fact that inconvenience does lead to good memories. It's really sad. And you can see it reflected in the results of this poll. Instant gratification just doesn't last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    they did a 180
    This is spot on. The constant design swings from one edge to the other have over the years created very disjointed game.

The shift in gaming mentality changed it, nothing really blizzard did. People started wanting LESS of the time commitment, the giants grinds that MMOs used to be became extremely unappealing. People wanted to pop in, play and get off, so blizzard had to adjust or die.

MMOs just aren't appealing like they used to be. That's why they pop up, and die off just as quickly. I think MMOs are largely over until someone revolutionizes the genre.

imo
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Nothing ruined wow it did what it had to do to keep itself relevent and it has worked cause here we are still talking about a game that is over 10 years old!

I must admit my heart is no longer in wow the way it used to be but i will still see it through to the end.

WoW to me is like being in a long term marriage yes i love the person and i want to see it through to the end but damn the sex is so fucking boring and there is no passion the way i felt in the early days but there is nothing she can do that will spice it up for me no matter how much she dresses up or what toys she uses!!.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-10-21 at 04:31 AM.

The entitled userbase is the reason WoW has been ruined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    "There was a time when loot was exciting instead of generic, dungeons were hard, leveling was part of the experience (and not a 3 day chore to endgame), community was king, and inconvenience just lead to good memories. Now it's just a lobby to pug raid in for ever increasing boring stat increases on forgettable items, with a Facebook game style treadmill on the side.

The sad state of MMORPGS really. I cross my fingers that we see what Dark Souls did to to the action adventure genre in MMO land. Bring back the difficulty, remove the hand holding, and let you experience the world again instead of chase after mindless quest markers doing piss easy content."

-Equestria

Do you agree?
    Agree, but at this point its time to give up. Its not going to change, so just accept it and enjoy the genre as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    You can expect about 15-20k concurrent daily people to play on the legacy servers, just counting the private server community.

This is equivalent to average daily log-ins for 3 high-pop servers. Then add on the usual WoW junkies plus some others due to hype and that's what you get. Whether Blizzard thinks that is worth it is another story.
    Yes, how weird of Blizzard to not base their business decisions around free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    MOBAs did.

MOBAs and other genres that provide ability to play in really short bursts that are packed w/ RPG-ish action dealt a heavy blow to MMORPGs in general. Not as many people want to sit glued to their screens playing one game for hours and hours. Market and demands are kinda different from what they used to be.
    The thing about MOBA's and their popularity that makes me laugh is those who shit on people enjoying team PVP being an insignificant population while claiming to be an example of the mass market playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    unfortunately most people who agree with this already quit the game because they agree with this. which makes the results pretty shocking tbh, with polling almost exclusively people who still play or check websites that contain information on the current game like this you'd expect more of a 90/10 split or so.

a lot of things had to do without ruining wow, some of those things were listed here but the list is honestly too long for anyone to get even most of it. a few QoL changes over the years and an increase in graphics would have been welcomed, changing the heart of the game and gutting it entirely wasn't welcomed by most, which is why nobody takes the game seriously anymore.
    My thoughts as well on the results. The 'agree' votes are overall artificially low due to the poll being taken on a largely pro blizzard / wow website, whereas most of people that would agree have long since quit playing and/or coming to forums like this. This of course is not reflected in the results set since theyre not here to vote. Its still interesting that nearly 35% that still play or frequent this pro blizzard forum agree and it is somewhat telling about the state of the game.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2017-10-21 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    The things i miss the most

Exclusive raids:
    No LFR means people were forced to find a Guild if they wanted a chance to see content. To be inside a raid was a delicacy, an honor.
    Much more immersive experience knowing you were in a place only a selected chosen ones were able to see.
    This created "server rivalry" and people were on specific sites seeing which guild was able to kill X boss on your server.
    What people don't understand is that with LFR there is no immersion in raiding. There is no reason to get better. No reason to socialize. Raiding is no longer epic like this.

No transmog: Again, "inconvenience creates good memories"
    You and everyone else felt "unaccomplished" with their character if they didn't have a Tier/Dungeon Set. This made people engaged in current content until they were able to farm the entire set and off pieces.
    Nowadays there is never a moment you don't feel acomplished in "looks" because of transmog. Everyone is amazing. There is no"hurry" or "need" for self improvement because we are all pretty.
    It's a lifeless bland experience nowadays where everyone is happy and there is no sense of "necessity" to do current content.

And i just wanted to say something extra, a "fun fact"
    Did you know that in TBC there was a first iteration of LFG tool? You could use it to be like the LFD to add random players to your group.
    The funny thing is that the feature was HATED by the whole community in TBC.
    "WoWpedia" at the time described this feature like this "Real people do not like being matched with strangers, they want to see who is joining or who they are joining"
    Just goes to show how different the community was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Whiny players.
    I don't recall whiny players ruining my ingame experience. Maybe a few ragers in battlegrounds but that's it.