Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I tried a heavy haste low mastery build in a heroic clear last night and compared my scores to high mastery 50% and 25 haste. Barely an increase. Still don't get how the top frost guys are at 40 haste or more in this tier with roughly the same gear and 940 equipped.

Well, that really isn't indicative of anything though. Too many uncontrolled variables. Hell the last kill of Inquisition I screwed up multiple times and had the wrong trinkets equipped and hit a 98th percentile parse, where the week before I legitimately didn't make a single mistake and had optimum positioning the entire fight and only posted 92nd percentile. Stuff like that can really be just down to the overall number and timing of Rime/ME/KM/RE procs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Well, that really isn't indicative of anything though. Too many uncontrolled variables. Hell the last kill of Inquisition I screwed up multiple times and had the wrong trinkets equipped and hit a 98th percentile parse, where the week before I legitimately didn't make a single mistake and had optimum positioning the entire fight and only posted 92nd percentile. Stuff like that can really be just down to the overall number and timing of Rime/ME/KM/RE procs.
    True. I noticed a pattern with the top 300 frost guys all having such high haste and wanted to try for myself in my gear available to me. Antorus is like 3 weeks away so I guess it don't matter too much what ToS numbers are right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe on higher gear levels haste becomes more dominant?

Deleted
    so impressed with frost since 7.3!! now its going to be even better heading into Antorus.

enjoy top 3 dps in every fight unless you play poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    so impressed with frost since 7.3!! now its going to be even better heading into Antorus.

so much lulz in this post.

I typically find that higher haste builds are a bit more forgiving. Having more GCDs is just nice, and makes wasted procs less likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post

Guaranteed replies.

Btw ignore him, he's been doing this for a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Probably. All these guys are 940 to 955 in every slot.

Deleted
    Guaranteed replies.

Btw ignore him, he's been doing this for a while.
    pardon? this is my first time posting in about 4 months. reported for just being extremely rude.

Pretty sure he's talking about in a 5 man group, He's normally top 3 dps, unless he plays poorly then he can get beat by the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    It is fun to manage Unholy-Cooldowns / Specter / Engine and if the fight length matches well with CDs it can be very satisfying, but I am glad we got the current Frost spec as an option.

With both weapons at 68 and ilvl around 940 I get very similar simDPS for Frost and Unholy but Frost is way more forgiving while doing raid mechanics. I enjoy Frost for Rare/M+ much more, the 1-Button-burst every ~45 seconds and easy target swapping ist great for M+ affixes.

Id agrer with this also. Though im only ilvl 900 and my only leggo is coldheart, i find frost much more satisfying to play in general and i originally was unholy and thought it was godly until testing frost. I just find unholy a bit of a cluster f*ck... and the damage rampup vs frosts frontloaded burst..

It's the 4p that makes haste this good, I have a pretty low gear (~930) and it still crush any other stat, but I don't have the bracers (i'd suspect them to make haste even more valuable, though, with the current 4p)

well i noticed that above 30% haste isnt that useful. and its better to get really high mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Id agrer with this also. Though im only ilvl 900 and my only leggo is coldheart, i find frost much more satisfying to play in general and i originally was unholy and thought it was godly until testing frost. I just find unholy a bit of a cluster f*ck... and the damage rampup vs frosts frontloaded burst..
    Only applies to fights with low mobility. In high mobility mythic fights unholy is bound to beat frost by ridiculous amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Only applies to fights with low mobility. In high mobility mythic fights unholy is bound to beat frost by ridiculous amounts.
    Why ?

I'm curious here. I was thinking of the opposite actually. Since unholy has a very high ramp uptime, I was thinking it's far better to play frost because of their constant DPS. Unholy would need a lot of things going on before actually doing damage. For example you have to move out while you have Valkyr on. It means a huge dps loss. Frost ? We're talking about Obliteration spec, not BoS, so there isn't anything that prevent frost from doing a lot of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Why ?

I'm curious here. I was thinking of the opposite actually. Since unholy has a very high ramp uptime, I was thinking it's far better to play frost because of their constant DPS. Unholy would need a lot of things going on before actually doing damage. For example you have to move out while you have Valkyr on. It means a huge dps loss. Frost ? We're talking about Obliteration spec, not BoS, so there isn't anything that prevent frost from doing a lot of damage.
    Death coil range, huge percent of the damage is done by minions that stick to the boss at all times, if you miss your remorseless winter exploding you'll lose out on a lot of damage and the fact that we aren't exactly ramp-free ourselves, as razorice and remorseless winter both sort of ramp up. Actually, with the current tier set our whole set bonus is based on ramping up damage. If you have to move a lot, you lose actual %s of your strength via not using runes.

Unholy may lose a lot of DPS while moving out during Val'kyr, but so do we during obliteration and pillar of frost. Actually, even more so considering our tier set bonus (moving at all, ever).
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2017-10-21 at 05:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Pretty sure he's talking about in a 5 man group, He's normally top 3 dps, unless he plays poorly then he can get beat by the tank.
    Ok I actually chuckled reading this. Hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    well i noticed that above 30% haste isnt that useful. and its better to get really high mastery.
    Right. To sim and raidbots, haste devalues greatly after like 30. For me it's 26. But if you can hit 40, then it's king. I cannot but the top frost guys can. Put them in raidbots and you'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Right. To sim and raidbots, haste devalues greatly after like 30. For me it's 26. But if you can hit 40, then it's king. I cannot but the top frost guys can. Put them in raidbots and you'll see.
    Maybe it correlates with Obliteration Obliterates?

Deleted
    Maybe it correlates with Obliteration Obliterates?
    + there's probably a breakpoint between every extra % of strength granted by your 4 set bonus