Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Played since Classic, I'd probably dedicate most of my WoW time to Legacy Servers if they came. Honestly, I'd probably play much more than I currently do as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Ok, I have a new reason to hate these topics. Trying to prove a point on this website about people being ridiculous in their claims about popularity of private servers is, in fact, worth an Infraction.
    I think the obnoxious posting style did that for you, champ.

Ok, I have a new reason to hate these topics. Trying to prove a point on this website about people being ridiculous in their claims about popularity of private servers is, in fact, worth an Infraction.

Good day to you all.
    That's because you mentioned PS by name which is prohibited here

Good day to you all.
    You were probably infracted for naming the private servers.

Good day to you all.
    Naming specific private servers is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I think the obnoxious posting style did that for you, champ.
    I think bots never catch on these things, "champ".

Yes, I named a server, even posted stats from it. I think from now on I'll skip topics that make my blood boil from the title alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sable17 View Post
    Sooo... any particular reason why my replies here keep getting removed?
    Did you name private servers? It's forbidden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    That's because you mentioned PS by name which is prohibited here
    Yes, agreed. This is exactly correct.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    yes and no

if they're just gonna ctrl + c, ctrl + v vanilla wow like every other private server out there, then no

if they're gonna actually spend time on polishing it a bit, making some QOL improvements that are very much needed, then yes

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's dated, yes, but not *bad*.

It's like how people still play Smash Bros. Melee even though there have been two newer games in the franchise. Some people just prefer the older game with the older mechanics. Nothing wrong with that.
    How much "standing around doing nothing" is involved in Smash Bros. Melee compared to newer entries in that franchise? Because I can assure you there was a whole hell of a lot of it back in vanilla group content.

I would not play on a legacy server.

It would be a novelty for me. I would check it out, but wouldn't play it seriously. I will always prefer new content to rehashing old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They cant even do that, they have said numerous times they dont even have the original code.
    That's corrected by Blizz a year or so ago, they do have code, but the same can't be said about various assets and other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Is it really so hard to believe that the existence of Legacy servers has absolutely no purpose other than to divide an already divided gaming community? I don't give a shit what people "like" or "liked," I give a shit about the sustainability of the community of the game as it is right now. And if you introduce Legacy to the current community, it'd be a disaster on many, many levels.
    Ignorance at its best.

Deleted
    They cant even do that, they have said numerous times they dont even have the original code.
    private servers don't seem to have a problem pooping out a vinalla sever in a few hours.
    <snipped> seemed to be doing rly well on re-making the old vanilla game and they had almost nothing to work with compared to what blizzard have.

the problem seems more to be missing assets or upgraded assets where they don't have the old ones anymore, but not having the original code at all seems like a lie

Infracted [ML]

I would come back and maybe try them for a month. Once the new wore off I would unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    private servers don't seem to have a problem pooping out a vinalla sever in a few hours.
    Because those servers are a emulation of the original. There is also a lot of shit broken with each and ever private server that gets made.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Why? For example, my guild quit raiding on Felmyst in BC, lost both our priest and no one felt like pushing anymore. I am a much better player then I was back then. I also have 5 expansion worth of mechanics under my belt and have seen basically everyone. What is going to stop people from killing these bosses?
    The problem is that a LFR hero wouldnt even meet the requirements to enter Naxx alone. Not even step in it.
    Very much less if played casually
    Some more info here

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    private servers don't seem to have a problem pooping out a vinalla severs in a few hours
    you-know-what seemed to be doing rly well on re-making the old vanilla game and they had almost nothing to work with compared to what blizzard have.
    You're wrong about this thingy, even infamous you-know-which server didn't start from scratch, it's based on open source mangos project that's around since before TBC.

Basically current private servers are a product of 12 years of community driven development.

Deleted
    Legacy servers will never happen, it's already veto'd to death by investors/board.

They could say it 999999 times and it would still be a lie.
    Even completely incompetent companies back in 1980 would back-up their code/database aggressively.
    You're not going to risk your entire company on the off chance that a part of the machine fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Is it really so hard for you to believe that some people actually do like the old game better for legitimate reasons?
    No, that'd be silly. But they're unlikely to be high enough in number for blizz to make servers dedicated to them, and any potential, temporary players just having a look...