Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Yes, I'd drop retail in a heart beat and never look back

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably play if I could convince some of my old guildmates from vanilla to return to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You said people who are successful on the private vanilla realms can't raid heroic+ content. I had a 60 on a private realm a few years back and last I raided in WoD I was capable of doing Mythic content.
    Where did I say that? Because I'm quite sure that there are all sorts of types of players raiding and playing on Classic servers, including Retail LFR-heroes ranging to Mythic raiders...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure i would play on them a bit as well but the reality is it may never happen.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Where did I say that? Because I'm quite sure that there are all sorts of types of players raiding and playing on Classic servers, including Retail LFR-heroes ranging to Mythic raiders...
    I read that statement wrong. I take back my statement. I must have completely ignored the all players. I am sorry for that.

(Note: somebody on MMO Champion just admitted that they were wrong and apologized you guys should screenshot this)
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Nope. I played it when it was current and, while fun at the time it had major drawbacks compared to now. The only part that i actually miss is locked servers cause it made you learn people on the server and you couldn't be a dick with no consequences. That ob also had drawbacks. Big server=good small server =get fked you're on a small server. I think people don't really understand how much they'd hate no multiple mob tagging or actually spending as much time geting mats for consumables for raiding as actually raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm saying is that the average LFR player isn't capable of doing optimal DPS. This is evidenced by simply joining an LFR and looking at the people who only participate in LFR. They don't waste their time with consumables, they don't min/max, they don't have the desire, time, or dedication to commit to any of these things. This is not subjective this is demonstrative
    Evidence of your experience in LFR are not evidence. You can't claim another persons experience on private servers is a lie and BS while using the same to make your argument. LFR isn't designed to need consumables or min/max so that is irrelevant. Vanilla raids were also not designed around min/maxing either so it is doubly irrelevant

Creationists don't comprehend logic and you're demonstrating the same but I digress and I don't want to start a theological war as that's even less worthy of my time.
    Because I disagree with you I don't comprehend logic? Because I am using the same exact argument you used against your own argument I don't understand logic. It doesn't matter if 60% of the player base didn't reach the cap in Vanilla. We are not talking about the Vanilla player base but the modern day players playing Vanilla content. Even if all of the mechanics are exactly like Vanilla (which many private servers make their own improvements) that stuff was hard because of artificial road blocks and not necessarily mechanics. While it isn't Vanilla look at Mother in Black temple. If you didn't have shadow resist you had no hope of defeating her. Once you got it you did. Those types of mechanics are not hard for people to overcome just time consuming. And it isn't like all 40-players of a raid had to perform to the best of their class in order to defeat bosses in Vanilla.

World of Wargraphs has no way of tracking the average warcraft player. Tomb of Sargeras also is a lot more difficult comparatively then Vanilla raids.

The person stated that the average LFR player who is incapable of doing optimal DPS, can't commit to a raiding schedule, doesn't use consumables, and eats mechanics like they are at a breakfast buffet in front of the bacon tray could clear Naxx40 or Sunwell is just not true. The average Mythic raider or even Heroic Raider could but that's not the average LFR player.
    You don't need optimal DPS to clear Sunwell. You could clear Sunwell in TBC with out being a "mythic raider". LFR isn't designed to need consumables or food buffs so why would people waste them? Set out a feast though and people will use it. These things were also not done 100% of the time in Vanilla raids nor were 100% of the being doing optimal DPS or raid behaviors.

Heck you didn't even have to do certain actions if they boss already had 13 debuffs on them. You were forced to play sub-optimal because of silly mechanics.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-10-23 at 12:23 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    How are you this bitter? Take some advice from your own signature.
    I was merely speaking of personal experiences from Private servers, so not bitter at all... o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Source?
    Asking someone to link a source when it will get them banned is pointless. Why not find a source that proves them wrong?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The only way Id play is if it was included with my subscription, there is no way I would pay extra for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You honestly believe that not a single person who prefers Vanilla to the current state of the game is capable for doing heroic content in Legion?
    It is a ridiculous statement but not one they made. Why not stick to what they actually say instead of creating words that you then accuse them of saying?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    First off you have no idea of the cost (for example, they would need GMs for the servers...). Second, you want an entire new copy of the game... but for $5. Really want it? Pony up another $15. Oh and $15 for each expansion server (YOU might want just Classic but others might want Wrath or TBC...). Third, you just make up this fantasy that 1m people will play it. What if 90,000 play? Or 200,000? Don't believe those numbers? Well, they're just as valid as yours
    A million players is drastically low-balling it. I'm not talking about people who would keep paying it for years or even months (though that number I'd guess would be 100k easily). Even all the people in this thread saying they'd never play on a classic realm would shell out $5 to give it a shot and see what it looks like...if only to sit in trade chat and say how bad classic servers are.

The demand is there, the technology is there (if shitty third party companies can make private servers, obviously Blizzard can). There's really no reason not to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Asking someone to link a source when it will get them banned is pointless. Why not find a source that proves them wrong?
    I already posted my source as to why is impossble for a LFR casual to clear Naxx.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHRlgczmk&t=3s

(The legend of the source patrol continues. We are unstoppable. Will a hero ever step in to defeat this shamaless group of people? Only time will tell)

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a ridiculous statement but not one they made. Why not stick to what they actually say instead of creating words that you then accuse them of saying?
    Already apologized for reading it incorrectly. Scroll up.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    It blows my mind that people still think there's a chance of legacy servers. I don't think it will be on Blizzard's radar until WoW itself is finished. I think I'd enjoy it in small bursts, when main WoW is in between content, but I'd rather the time spent just go to future content until WoW is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends if its true legacy (with nothing changed) or if they add new things like player models, bigger stables, new animations, etc. Also if they just had all the content out at once and didn't release it over time, that would be a no for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Even all the people in this thread saying they'd never play on a classic realm would shell out $5 to give it a shot and see what it looks like...if only to sit in trade chat and say how bad classic servers are.
    Not all. I wouldn't pay $5 for something I know I wouldn't like compared to the way the game has evolved.

Evidence of your experience in LFR are not evidence. You can't claim another persons experience on private servers is a lie and BS while using the same to make your argument. LFR isn't designed to need consumables or min/max so that is irrelevant. Vanilla raids were also not designed around min/maxing either so it is doubly irrelevant

Creationists don't comprehend logic and you're demonstrating the same but I digress and I don't want to start a theological war as that's even less worthy of my time.

Because I disagree with you I don't comprehend logic? Because I am using the same exact argument you used against your own argument I don't understand logic. It doesn't matter if 60% of the player base didn't reach the cap in Vanilla. We are not talking about the Vanilla player base but the modern day players playing Vanilla content. Even if all of the mechanics are exactly like Vanilla (which many private servers make their own improvements) that stuff was hard because of artificial road blocks and not necessarily mechanics. While it isn't Vanilla look at Mother in Black temple. If you didn't have shadow resist you had no hope of defeating her. Once you got it you did. Those types of mechanics are not hard for people to overcome just time consuming. And it isn't like all 40-players of a raid had to perform to the best of their class in order to defeat bosses in Vanilla.

World of Wargraphs has no way of tracking the average warcraft player. Tomb of Sargeras also is a lot more difficult comparatively then Vanilla raids.

You don't need optimal DPS to clear Sunwell. You could clear Sunwell in TBC with out being a "mythic raider". LFR isn't designed to need consumables or food buffs so why would people waste them? Set out a feast though and people will use it. These things were also not done 100% of the time in Vanilla raids nor were 100% of the being doing optimal DPS or raid behaviors.

Heck you didn't even have to do certain actions if they boss already had 13 debuffs on them. You were forced to play sub-optimal because of silly mechanics.
    Quoted and highlighted for truth.

Not much else to be said, really, so I'll just leave this as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I already posted my source as to why is impossble for a LFR casual to clear Naxx.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHRlgczmk&t=3s

(The legend of the source patrol continues. We are unstoppable. Will a hero ever step in to defeat this shamaless group of people? Only time will tell)
    Yeah no, sorry. LFR casuals are clearing Naxx 40 just fine on private servers.

And bad players got to see bosses go down when Naxx 40 was current just fine too. Guilds booted and cut players gladly when the raid size was decreased, so as to get rid of those dead weight-players.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-23 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Even all the people in this thread saying they'd never play on a classic realm would shell out $5 to give it a shot and see what it looks like...if only to sit in trade chat and say how bad classic servers are. =.
    Not even close. I'd pay $5 a month to see people who ask for legacy servers get set on fire though, and so would a lot of us.