Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It’s so very hard to compare sub races vs new race because adding sub races is going to add new content for a lot more people than a new race but the magnitutde is probably larger for those who play the new race.
    I bet more people would play sub than a new race.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no way we get two races at once....
    We got it in every expansion with races only before WoD.

I see no reason not to expect, nay demand, it again.

Plus it'd help ignite faction warfare moreso than one neutral race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

no way we get two races at once....
    Draenei/Blood Elves, Goblin/Worgen say hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Honestly what is it with everyone and declaring things "WILL NOT HAPPEN".
    its called realism contrary to all the dreamers.

If we get High Elves, they should remove all the fruitcake animations from the males and give them something more neutral. BE Male combat animations are some of the worst in-game.

Realistically it's already happened twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    @Subraces

I think this could be the perfect opportunity to add an orc subrace which has a straight posture.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    ...... Yeah that sounds about right. Actually fits into the thing I shot off earlier about them being a purely villain group. Elves that gave into the Old Gods and all that jazz.

Since we are going to a place that has more or less been on its own since the Alliance collapsed after the Second War.
    If (and we're assuming if, here) Alleria is the one helping teach these "Void Elves", they aren't going to be evil. The whole point of Alleria's stuff is that the Void doesn't NEED to be evil, and is just the parallel to the Light. It's a source of power that can corrupt if used improperly, but her whole point is to use it properly.

If Blood Elves get Nightborne, I want Nagas for Night Elves. I mean, it's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    As much as you want to defend them.

They are still WoD Blizzard. They just realised this fan-base has had enough of their shit.

I don't want to derail this thread with the RNG talk again. But while Legion was an amazing expansion there was far too many systems implemented to extend the life of boring content. Legiondaries, Titanforge, RNG etc etc.

Argus sucks IMO. None of my guild is playing while waiting for Antorus. Most quit in week 4 of 7.3.

Anyway, back on track. I could totally see them taking the lazy route. Which worries me, alot. It would be great for them to show us they still love this game and implement TWO new races + minor sub-races.

Naga + Ogre. Or Naga + something else. The South Seas/Naga expansion has so much potential and I fear it will be wasted.
    I just want to say that I appreciate the direction you are going on this.

Also pretty much agree on the notion that they should try to give us a new race or two along with some sub races for the time being... I mean' people seemed to believe Legion was the final expansion because they went all out giving us artifacts and demon hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Plus it'd help ignite faction warfare moreso
    why would it need more? I see the Sylvanas vs Bad Dog confrontation continuing next xpac just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    As much as you want to defend them.

They are still WoD Blizzard. They just realised this fan-base has had enough of their shit.

I don't want to derail this thread with the RNG talk again. But while Legion was an amazing expansion there was far too many systems implemented to extend the life of boring content. Legiondaries, Titanforge, RNG etc etc.

Argus sucks IMO. None of my guild is playing while waiting for Antorus. Most quit in week 4 of 7.3.

Anyway, back on track. I could totally see them taking the lazy route. Which worries me, alot. It would be great for them to show us they still love this game and implement TWO new races + minor sub-races.

Naga + Ogre. Or Naga + something else. The South Seas/Naga expansion has so much potential and I fear it will be wasted.
    Oh trust me right now I'm very concerned this is going to end up being some kind of half-assed Davy Jones expansion that doesn't progress the story but is just another "prelude" to N'Zoth where the biggest feature we get is a shipyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would it need more? I see the Sylvanas vs Bad Dog confrontation continuing next xpac just fine.
    It'd give a very clear "X VS Y."

That Worgen fighting a Goblin was way more faction pride than the two Pandaren fighting.

Plus in a Faction warfare expansion why have neutrality? You're either with us or against us.

No, it's called being closed minded and fearing being disappointed from inability to manage one's expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Too bad Blizzard doesn't strike a happy medium. Vrykul would be a great middle ground or shit let us finally have upright Orcs. It's always extremes with them though.
    Even going with the more intimidating factor and choosing Naga and Ogre seems plausible.

Then posters ask for niche races like Tuskar or Kobolds and the reality is that they're unique and make for fun RP choices but they won't be played by the vast majority of the playerbase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    there's no speculation about it

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

ugly races are so unpopular that they aren't worth the time

that's why you're getting more elves
    they are unpopualr, thats true

if they are not worth the time its your assumption alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Hold the fuck up you meme loving fuck.

What the hell is that avatar?!
    Its beautiful, but I do miss parrot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Even going with the more intimidating factor and choosing Naga and Ogre seems plausible.

Then posters ask for niche races like Tuskar or Kobolds and the reality is that they're unique and make for fun RP choices but they won't be played by the vast majority of the playerbase.
    I mean let's be honest, point is NO race is going to be very well played by the general playerbase except BElves, who tapped into being the only pretty Horde race.

Blood Elf - 16.1% (2nd biggest in NA)
    Draenei - 6.4% (7th biggest in NA, to illustrate the dropoff from BElf. Races above them: Human, BElf, NElf, Orc, Tauren, Undead)
    Worgen - 5.8%
    Goblin - 3.1% (lowest in NA)
    Pandaren - ~5.2% (adding both factions together)

Let's be incredibly honest, more people would use new hairstyles than a new race if we're talking raw percentages. But the prevailing idea for Sub-races is that they aren't on the barber shop, you'd have to race change to them. Which puts them down in these slums of popularity by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yes please.
    Orc dogs are bent over exactly how they should be, the filthy animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am going to call it now.

There is no revamp. At most they will do World Quests.
    A revamp is needed so badly though. One that doesnt tie directly into the theme of the expansion either. Just a basic adventuring revamp so its timeless this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I bet 8.0 is going to be a slow build type of expansion, I think it's safe to say that either Azshara or N'zoth are probably going to be the end boss, I'm hoping for Azshara because she has been a major character since the original Warcraft games, but I think it'll be N'zoth as they've kinda downplayed Azshara lately in favor of him.

Here's probably what's going to happen
    First raids: Pirate > Zul and his troll tribes > Azshara and Ozumat (Zin azshari) > N'zoth in Ny'alotha.

Then we've pretty much cleared most of the big baddies on Azeroth and we go out into outer space, maybe K'aresh or something.
    Said this before, but I dont think we need to deal with Nzoth in the same expansion we deal with Azshara in. Shes wicked powerful.