Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    Most of their archived databases is probably updated to the post cataclysm data.
    Blizzard probably have the data like the NPCs like Defias Pillager after cataclysm but not the stats of NPCs from vanilla. From what I've read in the articles from the Nost incident, that's one of the parts that took the Nost team longest time to build (about 2-3 years) and alot of it have to be done manually as they research to find the Vanilla stats of all the NPCs. The stats system of NPCs back then was also alot different from now, weapon skill/hit etc. all gone now.

If Blizzard put the wrong stats, we going to get complains like certain mobs is easier/harder than what they recall.
    Yeah. They did "search" *wink* for Vanilla stats of all the NPCs. Maybe they did that for raids and high level dungeons, but definitely not for everything else
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    If Vanilla were such a gold mine, as some people tend to believe, people wouldn't be talking about it on the forums now, it'd be playable ages ago.
    This is the one solid point I've seen made in this thread.

Definitely not. I loved 2004 WoW in 2004, but I don't want to play it again in 2018, especially not on a server full of bitter whiny old-timers who think WoW sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    simple question, if Blizzard decided to release legacy servers, would you play on them?
    As said in the previous thread, no, I would not.

Though, I would gladly take a discount in my subscription for not playing on Legacy servers. Or let me rephrase it, I would hope to be discounted for not using it.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-10-23 at 04:20 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Most of their archived databases is probably updated to the post cataclysm data.
    Blizzard probably have the data like the NPCs like Defias Pillager after cataclysm but not the stats of NPCs from vanilla. From what I've read in the articles from the Nost incident, that's one of the parts that took the Nost team longest time to build (about 2-3 years) and alot of it have to be done manually as they research to find the Vanilla stats of all the NPCs. The stats system of NPCs back then was also alot different from now, weapon skill/hit etc. all gone now.

If Blizzard put the wrong stats, we going to get complains like certain mobs is easier/harder than what they recall.
    Thing is, even the most Blizz-like Vanilla PS is only Blizz-like, stats and drops, esp for non-raid content, are an approximation and in some cases just a guess-work.

I wouldn't be surprised if people started asking for more PS-like experience on official Vanilla realms, lol. For instance, even that PS that's shut down a year or so ago was relatively generous w/ gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it when it was around but I would not play it now. I can't bring back all the people who made vanilla enjoyable for me. I wouldn't have that sense of awe of discovery like I had back then either.

It would be nice to see the zones before Cata happened but I would get bored after a week of traveling.
    Last edited by Sett; 2017-10-23 at 04:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

No. I already played those expansions.

You could of tried asking the OP to update with a poll maybe?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Yup, I'd play it during content drought probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Thing is, even the most Blizz-like Vanilla PS is only Blizz-like, stats and drops, esp for non-raid content, are an approximation and in some cases just a guess-work.

I wouldn't be surprised if people started asking for more PS-like experience on official Vanilla realms, lol. For instance, even that PS that's shut down a year or so ago was relatively generous w/ gold.
    With gold? Abundance of only Krol blades and stockade pauldrons was astonishing, almost every level 60 rogue had a red lightsaber (which was supposed to be a rare drop from pickpocket, right?), they really fucked up economy by cranking up droprates of BoEs.

Shit, when i just started playing vanilla i barely had any money to buy spells (while selling literally any ore i could find), but on Elistrius i was riding my trustworthy mechanostrider on level 40 with all spells maxed out and couple of BoEs bought from AH.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-23 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    You could of tried asking the OP to update with a poll maybe?
    you cant update the post once its been created only admins can do that

you cant update the post once its been created only admins can do that
    Hmm fair enough. Still, you should ask the OP to ask an admin to update with a poll, because this is going to get closed realllllly fast (since another thread with largely the same name already exists)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I think if you want the poll to be of even slightest interested to Blizzard, the 'Yes' should be broken into something like 'Yes, but I want to play for Free', 'Yes, but I'm wiling to pay $5 per month to play it', 'Yes, but I'm willing to play $10 to play it' etc. and so on.
    I think one of the main issue with Legacy servers is not interested but economics, the amount of $$ that Blizzard can make or even if they can recoup their investment it they go down this path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends...if they have all the bugs fixed, and my friends play then maybe I would.

Personally, I'd rather play on a BC legacy server than Vanilla .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Definitely not. I loved 2004 WoW in 2004, but I don't want to play it again in 2018, especially not on a server full of bitter whiny old-timers who think WoW sucks.
    This comment made me feel REALLY old.

Deleted
    wow, ive logged into retail wow for the first time on a trail account for the first time since a month after legions launch, every single server population is listen as low with only 4 servers listed as medium population, there is no one high populated server anywhere on eu,if that isnt a sign this game is failing then i do not know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    With gold? Abundance of only Krol blades and stockade pauldrons was astonishing, almost every level 60 rogue had a red lightsaber (which was supposed to be a rare drop from pickpocket, right?), they really fucked up economy by cranking up droprates of BoEs
    Gold was just an example

Obv there's many things that were quite different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you want the poll to be of even slightest interested to Blizzard, the 'Yes' should be broken into something like 'Yes, but I want to play for Free', 'Yes, but I'm wiling to pay $5 per month to play it', 'Yes, but I'm willing to play $10 to play it' etc. and so on.
    I think one of the main issue with Legacy servers is not interested but economics, the amount of $$ that Blizzard can make or even if they can recoup their investment it they go down this path.
    The thing is, Legacy servers doesn't really have prospects for income, only costs.

- - - Updated - - -

wow, ive logged into retail wow for the first time on a trail account for the first time since a month after legions launch, every single server population is listen as low with only 4 servers listed as medium population, there is no one high populated server anywhere on eu,if that isnt a sign this game is failing then i do not know what is.
    Uhm, it is like.. 6:22 AM GMT+1, on a work day. You aren't going to experience a high-pop at this time. On peek, I've seen about 5 High pops on the EU list. But considering the status text is a little skewered due to some population counts being spread out (merged servers) we can't be complete on those either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You mean there are no high pop servers at 4 in the morning in EU on top of them increasing server capacity for Legion?

You aren't even trying......

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Legion is trash. I'd much rather play vanilla/BC/wotlk. No interest in the game as it currently is because there's no community to speak of.

I think my signature sums up my feelings on the "Legacy" servers...
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell