Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean I can disarm your assumptions and have in two threads now.

Unless Blizz asspulls some "time flows differently in the void" AND totally retcons Locus-Walkers motivations with Alleria, Void Elves cannot be playable. There is NO way that Locus-Walker would take on new apprentices AND train them in the span of time that the Argus Campaign takes place.

And Alleria only knows how to turn on a void form. And only learned that by eating an entire Void Naaru. There's nothing that indicates a new race here. Heck, her powers to me are more a new class than race, too.
    It's kind of all speculation anyway... We cannot be sure how Void Elves would be implemented. For all we know they will just be upgraded Highborne with purple eyes who follow Alleria as their leader.

Still feel like we'll know what's up once the Windrunner sisters meet...

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except that it doesn't make any sense at all. For the reasons I've already stated.

There is absolutely no reason why there would be more Void Elves created. Locus Walker specifically states Alleria is special.

The Nightborne story is FINISHED. Its done-zo. If we are to face the Naga next expansion then Nightborne have NOTHING to do with them and therefore it makes zero sense to add them. You could argue it was a missed opportunity not to add them in Legion.

But that's just Blizzard laziness.
    thalyssra hates azshara

Uhhhh. Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous as you go.

Where were we ever introduced to a playable race BEFORE they became playable? Maybe Goblins... At a stretch.

All other races came WITH the expansion they were thematically tied to.

Locus Walker directly guided Alleria down this path. Why would he allow any old moron to be infused with Void? Why would ANYONE?

One piece of dialogue aboard the Vindicar is not evidence of a continuing story. Sooooo many stories have been left by the wayside by Blizzard. Where are Genn and Sylvanas for example? Their story is dead in the water. Nowhere to be seen. It's happened a thousand times before.
    Excuse me, *my* posts are getting ridiculous? Where is any of your basis in fact? It's assumptions based on things you believe.

These aren't full races being added to an expansion, these are subraces. Something we have no context for. We have no basis for how Blizzard handles them. How varied any of them will be, any of that. Saying they will or won't do A or B is completely nonsensical.

We had Worgen in-game before Cataclysm. We had Blood Elves in-game before BC. But WoW is a lot more story-focused now than it used to be. I'll cede to you that they could have introduced Nightborne before Legion, but it also makes sense to introduce them after we know what they're about.

And the Genn and Sylvanas story isn't finished. They've already talked about how it's coming up again.

As for the 7.3 convo, were you around pre-Cataclysm for Aponi Brightmane and Archmage Evenshade? Conversations that led into additions in the next expansion. I'm merely citing precedent and examining this as a clue to how it might mean something. Full stop.

I mean I can disarm your assumptions and have in two threads now.

Unless Blizz asspulls some "time flows differently in the void" AND totally retcons Locus-Walkers motivations with Alleria, Void Elves cannot be playable. There is NO way that Locus-Walker would take on new apprentices AND train them in the span of time that the Argus Campaign takes place.

And Alleria only knows how to turn on a void form. And only learned that by eating an entire Void Naaru. There's nothing that indicates a new race here. Heck, her powers to me are more a new class than race, too.
    Yes, only Alleria knows, but she has gained that ability. Why can't she be the one teaching her fellow High Elves? Why do you assume it's all Locus-Walker? I don't feel like my assumptions have been disarmed in the least. What have I assumed that wasn't ended with a ? or has an in-game basis?
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 2017-10-23 at 04:48 AM.

Only on MMOC would I see the analysis that a conversation between Liadrin and Silgryn about their similarities, in a patch that barely features the two characters, has no relevance.

That's right, the fact that the Nightborne have a "Horde" exclusive affiliation on the race registry after this has NO significance. NONE.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    thalyssra hates azshara
    Yeah the Nightborne have reasons enough to join the Horde. That can't be ignored. But they might end up joining on an NPC basis, rather than playable. Like the Ogres so far have been.

Either that or they're gonna get a pretty massive model rework to appear distinct. Which wouldn't actually be as hard as what High Elves would need.

TBH Nightborne for Horde, and some non-elf for Ally would be just fine with me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Only on MMOC would I see the analysis that a conversation between Liadrin and Silgryn about their similarities, in a patch that barely features the two characters, has no relevance.

That's right, the fact that the Nightborne have a "Horde" exclusive affiliation on the race registry after this has NO significance. NONE.
    We were fooled last time there was only a minor conversation between NPCs.

Remember that time those tauren warriors talked about using the sun to empower them pre-Cata? Nothing came of that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    So what is happening?
    Sub-race debating continues. We have forgotten all other aspects of the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If Ethereals were added and couldn't be neutral then they should be Horde because Horde needs something to compete with Draenei spaceships.
    That said, Ethereals are driven by profit. Why start a tech revolution in the horde, when they can boost off of the Draenei's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And as gamescon has shown 80% of you equals to 0% in reality.
    btw that picture is FAKE.
    But then again I was literally the only person to call the Legion 2015 Gamescom announcement. I'm gonna say that gave me 200% credibility, which got taken down 50% this year, landing us at 100%.

Were the Worgen a race we worked alongside? Did we destroy their enemy. Did we quest with them for most of the expansion?

The answer is no. That's the argument he's trying to make for Nightborne.

Blood Elves were nowhere to be found in Vanilla. Some High Elves were.

When have they ever added a race we dealt with heavily in the previous expansion?
    I'd say us fighting against non-feral worgen in an entire zone for WotLK would have been an argument against them. Plus, like you said... Goblins, who everyone said would never break their neutrality.

Look, I'm not saying it's 100% one way or another, I'm just trying to point out things have happened in a variety of ways. It doesn't really disprove Nightborne... Sure they aren't a sure thing or anything, but there's still a chance they could become playable.

On another note, I feel like they are trying to up the number of potential sub-races for the future... Weather that means they'll be added next Xpac or the one after remains to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are going full circle here AGAIN.

Nightborne would need the FULL RACE treatment. We've been over this. They don't fit into this whole "sub-race" speculation. They aren't a brown skinned Orc.
    Yeah it's at about this point I more or less give up on arguing. The fact we can go around in circles on this is proof enough that the concept as we're currently looking at it is not happening.

Either this Sub-Race talk is entirely wrong, or Blizz has not revealed their full hand.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post

Remember that time those tauren warriors talked about using the sun to empower them pre-Cata? Nothing came of that either.
    Yeah, it was totally baseless. And when that Highborne Archmage came to Darnassus to see Tyrande. I've just been pulling these out of my ass the whole time. I guess we should pack up, folks. Blizzard never leaves clues for the next expansion in their work.

Yeah it's at about this point I more or less give up on arguing. The fact we can go around in circles on this is proof enough that the concept as we're currently looking at it is not happening.

Either this Sub-Race talk is entirely wrong, or Blizz has not revealed their full hand.
    A lot of this negativity toward the idea is based on the idea that we think we know (at least detractors) how Blizzard will handle subraces, and that race A or B can't qualify because they're "too different" to be a subrace compared to race C.

How is that logical? How can you argue that when you have no idea how they're planning to handle any of these things that are listed?

aethas has a nightborne apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    aethas has a nightborne apprentice
    Doesn't mean anything. High ranking Blood Elf with a Nightborne apprentice? Please. As meaningless and without precedent as Liadrin and Silgryn's conversation /s

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post

Sassmeister

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I just wanna throw this one out there.

If we're going to analyze the Liadrin-Silgryn conversation as proof of some impending new race, what does the Aethas-Khadgar converstaion mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvXYapl86A

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    This entire thread has devolved into feels over reals just because people are somehow offended by the idea of elves.

The mental Gymnastics to ignore the writing on the wall with the database and the conversation is almost impressive.
    Yeah exactly this. I hope we get a new leak or bit of data to discuss soon because this thread needs new life.

Also, I just wanna throw this one out there.

If we're going to analyze the Liadrin-Silgryn conversation as proof of some impending new race, what does the Aethas-Khadgar converstaion mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvXYapl86A
    I've wondered that myself, but it can mean something. It could mean Aethas is going to be more important to the Mage plot, which might be true if Jaina is prominent next expansion. It's also pretty much about Aethas being interesting.

However, its probably a different sort of context than Silgryn and Liadrin's conversation. They talk about their similarities. Silgryn talks about how he's never seen much of the world outside of Suramar, and asks if being in the Horde worked for Liadrin, which she says it does. He thanks her for that, and says he has a lot to ponder.

To say this doesn't have any potential significance when it comes to Nightborne being on the Horde seems silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could also just make 1-5 zones for each new major subrace and then make a 5-10 or 5-20 zone that each goes to after their main lore is established?