Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Deleted
    Lul no, I can go through that outdated shit on my 110 and blast through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Legacy servers will NEVER bring enough revenue to keep them up (you just have to look at nost to prove that)
    And how looking at server that never had any problems with money will prove unviability of legacy servers?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    People go back and play old games in their libraries all the time for fun, why should it be any different for WoW.
    because wow is not a static single player game but an evolving one, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Tell me you've never went back and played a game from 10+ years ago and I'll call you a liar.
    then do it! the only old game I play from time to time is Warblade with my kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I don't. Most people don't. Just because a few people do doesn't mean everyone does. Asking for a transmog system for vanilla or BC is silly. Tons of people play on private servers without nonsense like that, the game doesn't need changes to attract people. If it did, there wouldn't be as many people playing private servers as there are in the first place. I also highly doubt Blizzard would do anything like that in the first place.
    But tons of more people play on private servers where things aren't like in the old days. Faster XP, earlier weapons, some has no limiters, some has portal hubs, some has leveling vendors and so on. Heck, even one of the known private servers still had people playing them and using real money to buy advances through the server. (according to certain articles).

On the bottom line, there is no income, no benefits for Legacy servers. there's uptime and cost only. Unless, of course, you expect all to pay for their legacy servers as well. A Legacy server is basically just a museum but without the state fundings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Lul no, I can go through that outdated shit on my 110 and blast through it.
    Hey, don't dizz it bro! I still go back to some old content now and then with my characters. Mostly due to wanting to do a certain quest again, or get certain items/rep.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, you compare basically making a new game that looks and plays like a new one to pet battles and PvP? It's borderline trolling/stupidity.
    re-releasing vanilla is not making a new game

and yet you call me a troll

lol

if literally anybody could guarantee legacy servers coming out successful - they would already be there.
    I like how you conveniently ignore the fact that if anyone tried to make money off of a private server, blizz would C&D them into oblivion

So now you want not a legacy server but multiple legacy servers?
    ......well, yes? Blizzard launched the game with 40 servers. You think 300k+ people are going to fit on a single realm? You dingus.

No they are not doing fine.
    Many of them exist, and there are single private server projects with 10k+ players.

Yes, they are doing fine, regardless of what a vanilla hater thinks.

So, there are always players at all levels ranges available, unless they aren't?
    nice strawman

troll confirmed

sure m8 that's how it works m8 dude. Just FYI: private servers aren't made do "bunch of solo devs", "bunch of solo devs" just pirate/buy an emulator and server to run
    more strawman arguments

wew lad

if you had any idea how many work-hours were put into making said "solo devs" to be able to run these servers basically effortless you wouldn't be spewing this bullshit right now.
    I'm well aware of how private server development works.

Thanks for the ad hominem attack, really helps your credibility.

And no, their job is not recreating vanilla wow, their job is providing us new content to keep us entertained.
    nice job, again, dodging the question by trying to shift the argument to something else

literally all private servers claim to be blizzlike, don't fool yourself
    "Blizzlike" does not mean "100% carbon copy everything is exactly perfect just the way blizzard did it", m8.

Blizz *LIKE*, not Blizz *EXACT*.

server doesn't fucking realize that fury warrior being viable is a perc of later fucking patches, reworked talent trees (yeah, did you know that in early vanilla all mages were arcane? Just because of evocation because that's how ridiculous mana was back then?) and rebalanced weapons.
    Literally nobody is asking for patch 1.0 vanilla. 1.0 is fucked up even by vanilla standards.

Again, arguing something that I am not arguing against.

Because it will run blizzard business into the wall.
    "it will run blizzard's business into the wall, because....because......it will run blizzard's business into the wall!!!"

Nice bait, got me to reply. To the ignore list you go, vanilla-hating troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Says someone who apparently doesn't work with source control.
    Says someone who has never worked in software development ever.

stop with the legacy server crap. blizzard will never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    wow, ive logged into retail wow for the first time on a trail account for the first time since a month after legions launch, every single server population is listen as low with only 4 servers listed as medium population, there is no one high populated server anywhere on eu,if that isnt a sign this game is failing then i do not know what is.
    Well, first of, it was about 6:20 am when you posted that - so, duh obviously. Secondly, they've increased the server capacity couple of months ago, might've been even longer as I don't exactly remember the time, but basically current high pop = old full, current medium = old high, and low is a mix of old medium and low. During the day, there's about the same amount of High (old full) realms as there used to be.

OT: Like I said in the other thread, yeah I absolutely would.

People's definition for "legacy" servers are basically the game when they liked it the most+ current feature that they like - current feature that they don't like. This is completely fine because people have different vision for the direction of the game, but let's not pretend that's actually "legacy" or "pristine" or "vanilla" because they aren't.

No.
    Nostalgia's place is in the past. And that's where it shoupd stay.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    Not this shit again...

There will be no legacy servers, get it through your thick fucking skulls. Blizzard told you NO so many times... if it was a girl you would be in jail for harasement by now.

Stop creating those bullshit threads.
    Legacy servers will most definitely be released, just not for a couple more years. It would be stupid to think that they aren't gonna keep the franchise going once the new content stops rolling in and the popularity goes down further. But yes, at the moment, it's nothing but an obnoxious outcry from mad private server players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    re-releasing vanilla is not making a new game

and yet you call me a troll

lol
    You just keep showing that you have to clue how private servers are made, what they are, what source control is and fail to identify the problem of legacy servers in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    every spec was not viable in classic, in fact if you had a healing spec that was all you where good for.
    That's my point

No, Vanilla sucked. The only cool thing was that everything was new and nobody knew what the limits were. That is not the case anymore.

Deleted
    Probably he meant that you could throw talents everywhere and still beat content. Tells a lot about vanilla wow actually. "It's my leveling talent build"-ers.
    No I literally meant that not every spec was viable to play in Vanilla, if I were to play a legacy server, the classes would need an overhaul to make them all viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    No I literally meant that not every spec was viable to play in Vanilla, if I were to play a legacy server, the classes would need an overhaul to make them all viable.
    The point of a legacy server is to not overhaul anything.

Deleted
    nope, but id throw $ at blizzard for a server without titanforging, trinket lotteries, and ap rewards on wq's, if the raid encounters were tuned for it.

Absolutely.

I much prefer previous iterations of the game (particularly Vanilla through Wrath). It has nothing to do with nostalgia; it's just preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    I think if they added some quality of life stuff like the current bnet support. Updated flight paths. Pet/mount tabs. Left everything else the same as it was I would play the heck out of it.
    SEE? Another person who wants Classic... with just a few new things. Someone else wants a few DIFFERENT things. And then someone ELSE....

Do you get the picture yet? Even if Blizzard found a complete backup and said "You know what, we can do this cheap, let's lust launch it" there would be factions of you people who all want JUST THIS ONE LITTLE THING... and then ONE MORE...

That's why they should never do this. Because there's not a monolithic group of you who all want Classic. Some do. But there's a lot of little groups who want Classic with their own favorite changes. As a large group, you'll never be satisfied and if they did Classic unchanged, you'd be back here complaining that it still has this bug or doesn't have that feature. It would never fucking end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    /head-fucking-desk

Then you dont want Classic, DO YOU?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The point of a legacy server is to not overhaul anything.
    Thanks for clearing that up Rob

Deleted
    That's a clear no.

Vanilla wasn't balanced at all, leveling took way too long and i simply don't see the community acting the way it did back then.