10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    One word expansion was a one time thing, no way.
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

World of Wracraft: Legion

It's happened twice now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    It’s sarcasm, haha
    \o/ Bah oh well. I wish more people would use /s

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

World of Wracraft: Legion

It's happened twice now.
    Oh yeah, I goofed. I guess I tried to forget Cata

One word expansion was a one time thing, no way.

Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    In the last Q&A they literally said “mage tower, Mythic + 15, and pvp related skins will be removed”.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-32

From ~2 weeks ago. They WILL be obtainable(@ Prestige skins).

"As we get closer to launch..."

I have risen from the dead.

Don't worry, i've been closely reading every single page

10+ Year Old Account
    In the last Q&A they literally said “mage tower, Mythic + 15, and pvp related skins will be removed”.
    I'll check the Q&A in the morning, but a recent Blue post referring to it said:

Originally Posted by Aerythlea
    As mentioned during the recent Q&A, it will still be possible to obtain the artifact appearances for transmogrification in the next expansion. The only appearances that won't be obtainable after Legion is the one awarded for doing a Mythic 15 Keystone Dungeon in time and the ones awarded by, or associated with, finishing the Mage Tower challenge.
    Anyhow this is getting off topic, just wanted to prevent any misunderstandings.

edit: Aettis posted a better, more explicit one.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 2017-10-23 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    I think Azshara, if done right, can properly be her own endboss, and I see Blizzard hyping up a female endboss for an expansion, so I think Azshara will be the last raid of the tier and serve as the Archimonde to lead up to the next N'zoth/Black Empire expansion.
    i thought the same, i just dont see why they even bothered building up alleria+turalyon then because if theres no old god/void stuff somewhere in this expansion why would they even appear in a sea focused expansion? turalyon as a commander maybe but alleria's void story line would just be put on hold(for an entire expansion?) after beeing the "final" story point of shadows of argus

Now I know the first thing I'll do when we finally get the expansion reveal on Blizzcon will be to search if any of those leaks posted came out to be true.

Deleted
    I find the May release date on the new novel a very interesting point to be taken. Blizzard always allows a couple months between their novel and the next expansion for the hype train. The Illidan novel was planed for March 2016 but was eventually released in April 2016 with Legion following that summer in August 2016 (well almost September really). War Crimes was released early May 2014 with the WOD expac dropping in November 2014.

With a an expected date of May 2018 for the new novel which is the introduction into the new expansion I think Blizzard will be aiming for a late September/ early October release date. If they stick to the legion schedule that would put them in a position to announce 8.1 stuff at Blizzcon 2018.

Depending on when 7.3.5 hits and when the new raid opens there will be around 9 months of Antorus which is not that bad of a drought raiding wise. Story wise however it's already been mentioned that mini patches are planned but those still remain to be seen.

I've mentioned before that in my personal opinion having 9 months for the final tier is perfect as it gives a chance to mildly above average raiders to clear the whole content and also allows for some end of tier farming to be done while also catching up on some of the other things people might want some time to focus on like mount farming, achievement hunting, honor grinding etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Now I know the first thing I'll do when we finally get the expansion reveal on Blizzcon will be to search if any of those leaks posted came out to be true.
    Statistically speaking there are so many one of them is bound to be true even if only by coincidence xD

Deleted
    This.

Old gods have NEVER been the end boss. They are amazing but lack the amount of character humanoid bosses have. It’s just not a smart move from a business perspective to have that as the FINAL boss. They are perfect mid tier/2nd to last bosses just like Cthun and Yogg were. Azshara will steal the spotlight, and deservedly. She’s one of the strongest, if not the strongest, mages in history. Since Warcraft RTS she’s been a pivotal character who shaped Azeroth in one of the most destructive ways ever. She’s been the key piece to so much lore in game and in books that you truly can’t pass her up.
    Old gods aren't really marketable villains. At least not the same way as Arthas, Illidan. Or how Azshara would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It won't be.
    It might be. It's not a certainty by any means, but it's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The logo is a terribly photoshopped blue recolor of the legion logo.
    Im sorry, but its fake.
    You can deny it all you want but its not gonna make it true.
    Really starting to stretch the nonsensical descriptions of this logo, aren't we? First it had the "same corners as the Legion logo", now it's a recolor of it? Lol. It looks virtually nothing like the Legion logo, beyond the small similarities you'd expect to see between the logos.

Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    Not only does it not stand up to previous leaks. The image quality, in this day and age, really doesn’t justify anything.
    Which leaks are you comparing it to? There has only been one logo-leak this season afaik. If you're referring to The Dark Below and Rise of the Legion, then it's much better I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm sure many people feel exactly the same about the leaks they personally like. Even if its announced, I don't think there would be much need to explain any sort of behavior seeing it's a pretty shitty picture that is low quality enough to let everyone interpret it how they wish (including you).
    It's not that shitty, and it's not that open to interpretation. Finer details may be lost in colouring and resolution, but you can clearly make out what everything in the logo depicts and it's easy to get a sense of the theme from it. Stormy seas and something mysterious, whether it be Old Gods, ghostly pirates or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Old gods aren't really marketable villains. At least not the same way as Arthas, Illidan. Or how Azshara would be.
    However, as the Davy Jones leak mentioned, I don't think Azshara has "box art" material in mind. While I think she will be the final raid boss or main villain of the expansion I think someone with a more unique design than her will be on the box: hence the "ghost pirate" leaks.

A lot more marketable than grom... lol

Deleted
    This.

Old gods have NEVER been the end boss. They are amazing but lack the amount of character humanoid bosses have. It’s just not a smart move from a business perspective to have that as the FINAL boss. They are perfect mid tier/2nd to last bosses just like Cthun and Yogg were. Azshara will steal the spotlight, and deservedly. She’s one of the strongest, if not the strongest, mages in history. Since Warcraft RTS she’s been a pivotal character who shaped Azeroth in one of the most destructive ways ever. She’s been the key piece to so much lore in game and in books that you truly can’t pass her up.
    idk about that, you could always just give them a human form avatar to converse and interact with others, like they did for belial in diablo, or the theory we had earlier on; about wrathion beeing the avatar of nzoth( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...man-form/page3 ) guiding us into weakening his prison and other stuff that benefits him under the premise we're helping ourselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. As much as I love Lovecraftian inspired creatures I know that I’m in a very small niche. It’s impossible to market old gods as a selling point, especially as box art or key art. “Ooooohhh a big blob of eyeballs/teeth/tentacles.” If people thought mists got bad PR picture the general public with no knowledge of old gods seeing something like that on a box. Horrible idea.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    It's not that shitty, and it's not that open to interpretation. Finer details may be lost in colouring and resolution, but you can clearly make out what everything in the logo depicts and it's easy to get a sense of the theme from it. Stormy seas and something mysterious, whether it be Old Gods, ghostly pirates or something else.
    But it's not clear enough to 100% call it Blizzard quality or not which would requires said finer details, that's what I mean by it being open to interpretation. I'd say the same about the Legion logo if it was photographed the same way.

Man I will be mightily butthurt if Ethereal get added as an alliance race. I've wanted to play a space mummy forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Responding to multiple comment replies to me:

My Parrot comment was a joke, referencing the hearthstone card of the pirate riding a parrot mount. Should have put that in parentheses my bad.

I miss understood that comment regarding the prestige skins apparently. But I stand by my belief in a complete revamp of pvp. Especially since they mention not knowing how players will receive the skins after legion. It’s hinting at either a removal or redo of the prestige system.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.