Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Page 46 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I can already play all of that content. I don't need that era's bugs/poor game mechanics to remind me of how primitive things used to be, I remember clearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    There is zero chance of ever reliving the exact same game. Blizzard, as an industry, has security standards that wouldn't allow for a replica of Vanilla/Classic legacy realms to exist as they were. If it ever was taken up, for whatever reason, it would have vast core alterations that mimic today's standards of cyber security.
    What? I don't care if it has improved cyber security. They can definitely replicate the game experience, as it has done very faithfully by several private servers already.

I am also not enough of an autist to mind if it has some minor alterations just because. As long as the game experience, difficulty, class balance and so on is relatively the same that's all that really matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    What? I don't care if it has improved cyber security. They can definitely replicate the game experience, as it has done very faithfully by several private servers already.

I am also not enough of an autist to mind if it has some minor alterations just because. As long as the game experience, difficulty, class balance and so on is relatively the same that's all that really matters.
    I am sorry but - you are wrong - they cannot replicate an experience you had (assuming you actually had it and arn't just riding in the windstream of this nonsense movement) over a decade ago.

It is Impossible. The Magic is Gone.

Legacy servers would only be disappointing and people would only cry about how unfair they are because they are altered --- even if they were replicas of the originals. Because 1) that is how people are. 2) the game was not the fantastic perfect thing that people think it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Private Servers are using their own code with actual security standards. Blizz won't run Legacy Servers, when there are exploits or DOS possibilities around. They have to implement possibly most of all security patches of the last 10 years. They have to integrate old WoW in actual Battle.Net. They have to find a possibility to use the old GM interface with the actual software of the internal infrastructure. And tons of other things.

I also really pray for Legacy Servers. But it won't be that easy to implement for Blizz. It's possible, but it requires some manpower. So it must be something important for Blizz having Legacy Servers or they won't do it. For now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kronides View Post
    I would probably log in, miss all the stuff I have on my main, all the pets, toys, mounts, thirteen years of achievements...it wouldn't take long for me to go back to live production and never think about legacy servers again.
    That sounds like an addiction :/

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I am sorry but - you are wrong - they cannot replicate an experience you had (assuming you actually had it and arn't just riding in the windstream of this nonsense movement) over a decade ago.

It is Impossible. The Magic is Gone.

Legacy servers would only be disappointing and people would only cry about how unfair they are because they are altered --- even if they were replicas of the originals. Because 1) that is how people are. 2) the game was not the fantastic perfect thing that people think it was.
    I played back in vanilla and played Vanilla servers, the experience was pretty damn close to the same. I'm not looking for identically perfect in every way, just something close enough. The magic is certainly not gone though, I enjoyed it for a very long time but got tired of Blizzard shutting down servers and breaking up the communities so I'll wait for official or not at all.

Deleted
    I played all that legacy content when it was current. Would you want to go back and play HFC after farming it for 10 months in WoD? I think most people would say heck no, I'm glad to be out of that place - I feel the same way towards most old content.

WoW's strongest suit is the endless iteration that modern MMO's simply don't get to, without being in beta for 5 years. I guess it'd be fine if legacy servers added a big chunk of money toward developing normal servers, but if that were the case we'd already have them. Blizzard doesn't hate money if the shop is even the slightest indication.

Deleted
    Yes, woule be fun to relive the past tbh, but at the same time it would be nice with a good expansion for once!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    AV was good because people wanted to actually you know, pvp. not rush the objective and completley ignore opposing faction members in order to maximise there gain for honour points, you would see games last alot longer if people actually stopped to pvp, but, you know faction pride and all that bullshit.
    Ok now you 100% convinced me in your last ~5 posts that you haven't played vanilla.
    Alterac was anything but pvp. Spamming blizzard into cloud of red bars, waiting while your team brings alliance ears or whatever to summon an NPC is not pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Is this another Jay account? lol

Either way, yeah I'd check out a legacy server.
    No. JustRob is just one of the forum's resident complainers. Jaylock is at least entertaining.

Wouldn't be interested, no desire to go back would feel like playing Beta/Alpha which I also struggle to retain interest in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    1% of the playerbase that wants to play vanilla all together would be awesome. I would love to get on a server with a bunch of people who appreciate vanilla as much as I did. The community would be a massive improvement over todays WoW playerbase. I'd pay another sub just to get back to that.
    I like when people say "i'd pay another sub for legacy servers", it reminds me a zoidberg in futurama episode when everyone got 100$ from Nixon. No, paying for another sub wouldn't be enough to sustain legacy servers. In fact, Noslisium-pro-m8 couldn't even sustain itself, running an emulator on donations, so... when someone says that he "would pay for legacy servers" i always wonder - why didn't he pay for private server when he could? (take no offense, i just wonder about this issue in general, seeing hundreds of people posting on PS forum how cool vanilla is and how they would pay blizzard... but at the same time... the server they playing at is dying... and they don't pay... it doesn't make a good precedent honestly)

- - - Updated - - -

I played back in vanilla and played Vanilla servers, the experience was pretty damn close to the same. I'm not looking for identically perfect in every way, just something close enough. The magic is certainly not gone though, I enjoyed it for a very long time but got tired of Blizzard shutting down servers and breaking up the communities so I'll wait for official or not at all.
    As close as Absolute vodka to Putinka , yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played during vanilla. My immediate thought about playing vanilla again is "only if you pay me." It was painful, and extremely far below today's standards of quality. The ONLY legacy expansion I'd consider playing in again is Wrath of the Lich King, because paladins were really fun then.
    But vanilla? Only if you pay me.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Why wouldn't it get updates? Plenty of private servers progress.
    Because then it wouldn't be legacy, and if you got updates, it'd start being an entirely different game/spin-off at some point, diverting from the main retail game. ...so why not just play a different game that does it better?

So with that in mind, would it still be worth playing to you? And do you have the same opinion as the others who want a pure vanilla server that never changes?
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-10-24 at 03:39 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I absolutely would.

Just about every year, I load up and play old favourites from the last 25+ years : Heroes of Might and Magic III, Jagged Alliance 2, Ultima IV, Theme Hospital, etc.

Those classics hold a special place in my memories, and vanilla WoW is no different. However I'd only truly be interested in a 100% vanilla experience, i.e. the game prior to patch 2.0 and the Burning Crusade. Not some kind of mish-mash of old stuff merged with new.

Easiest yes ever.

Anti-Legacy Server folks need to chill with the hate, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have zero interest in legacy servers. I played hundreds of days in Vanilla and loved it all, but I wouldn't have a second's patience for the inefficiency and crappy design of the past now. Zero nostalgia factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    Easiest yes ever.

Anti-Legacy Server folks need to chill with the hate, too.
    Yes because it is only one sided hate

no way in hell. not even consider it. Id rather play pong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I have zero interest in legacy servers. I played hundreds of days in Vanilla and loved it all, but I wouldn't have a second's patience for the inefficiency and crappy design of the past now. Zero nostalgia factor.
    perfectly put.