Poll: Do you enjoy the taste of beer?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    only if it's mike's hard lemonade.
    i love red wine and champagne.
    i also enjoy the fine taste of draenei blood.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-10-24 at 05:28 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Beer is pretty shit.

Yes. Most men do.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It always baffles me when someone calls dark chocolate bitter. I'm also a huge fan of dark chocolate but don't find it bitter at all, and don't like those beers people are calling 'chocolatey'.

Taste buds are weird.
    I've had some stouts that have a chocolate undertone. YMMV.

I haven't found a beer I liked the taste of, and I'm not willing to spend the cash to experiment and sample more. 25yo male.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I like dark chocolate (it is really the only chocolate I like) but I do feel it is bitter, at least in aftertaste.
    Yeah that's what I tend to hear, I just don't get that at all when I eat it. For me it's more like...I dunno, it's all chocolate but the closer you get to milk chocolate the more sickly sweet it gets. The closer to dark the more of a 'pure' chocolate it gets. I don't mean that in a snobbish way I just don't know how to better explain it. It's still sweet to me either way but the further away from dark you get it starts to get too sweet.

Beer made with corn isn't real beer. A more fitting name is garbage. Once you establish a taste palette for true beers most people enjoy them. It's the same for whiskeys and wines. If someone says they all taste the same, they haven't allowed themselves to properly taste or made any real attempt to enhance their palette.
    Last edited by AlphaOut; 2017-10-24 at 05:26 AM.

I like O positive personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endorus View Post
    Dislike it, I'm a cider man myself. Beer is too rich and larger tastes like sweaty feet smell.
    This. I love my Strongbow. Problem is, I can't find anything here but that Golden Apple bullshit that just tastes like alcoholic sugar water. The ORIGINAL Strongbow is amazing. Most other ciders I just find to be way, way too sweet for me.

That all being said, I drink maybe 32 oz of alcohol or less in an entire year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Most beers just taste bitter to me.

I tried some generic beer like heineken, carlsberg and corona, didn't find any difference so i thought maybe craft beer is different seeing as craft beer advocates always talk about the subtle nuances in flavours like hazelnut, honey, apricot bla bla bla

Bought myself some of the highly rated ones. Sierra Nevada pale ale, St Bernadus Abt 12, Rogue dead guy ale, some beer from rogue matured in whisky casks and a few others. Aside from the beer matured in whisky casks, that one was terrible. The rest had a difference in terms of how strong it was? I don't really know.

Stout on the other hand, easily distinguishable for me. Especially the Rogue mocha stout beer, strong aroma of dark chocolate, coffee flavour on the tongue and it has a nice "chocolate milk" after taste. Guiness just tastes like barley that's overcooked or something.

I'll drink an ale with a burger or some other kind of bar food, because greasy food and alcohol go down great together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been a long, busy, (somewhat warm) day: closing the day out with a few Widmer Hefeweizens with a slice of lemon in each. Mmmmm mmm MMM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had quite a few different beers as Cincinnati has a long and proud brewing history. I can honestly say I don't like 95% of beers I've had. I normally would prefer a cider over a beer. But I've had a few that ranged from "weren't bad" to quite tasty.

Then again I could never drink another drop of alcohol and not feel like I've missed anything. So I picked: I only drink when others are drinking, so I'm neutral.

My friends drink beer all the time. They're really into the craft beer scene and I tag along as peer pressure is a bitch and at least I'm not just in wow out farming ore in my undies.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the beer, but in general yes.

If we're talking piss-water (bud, miller, coors, busch, etc.) then no.

If we're talking a good craft beer with actual flavor, then yes.

Also if it tastes like nothing but hops, then no. I don't mind my beer being a little extra hoppy but way too many craft beers are completely overkill.

I prefer a good black and tan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beer is nasty, but there's ONE that I genuinely enjoy. I call it "Crunk Monk" because my old roomie would buy it once a week and I'd sharpie the monk into a rap god, Vietnam vet, Pirate, alien etc. The rap god named CRUNK MONK stuck and that's just what the beer is to us.

I'd try every beer he opened, and I've disliked the flavor of every single one except for this. This one wasn't bad! I also enjoyed this cider once:

I really don't like that "beer smell/taste" you smell from what people here are calling "piss water." It's awful! Bad breath, bad flavor, bad aftertaste, bad smell, bad bad bad! Blegh!

I don't mind the flavor of alcohol in general though. Like, Sailor Jerry's, that stuff I like the flavor of.

Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-10-24 at 06:55 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I like beer in general, like most of the people, it depend on the beer.

I like some good old regular piss beer style , Budweiser, Molson Dry, Coronna on hot summer night orHeineken but I don't like Bush, Pabs or Coors Light.
    Or I like some crafted strong stout black beer or lager lager.
    But I dislike IPA or Red beer

Beer has to many calories and carbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    All straight alcoholic beverages (not mixed drinks) taste like shit to me with the sole exception of Mead, which I actually like. Even then I don't drink alcohol because I see no point in inebriating myself... So if I'm going to drink something for the taste of it, there are plenty of things I like far more than Mead that I would rather drink.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-24 at 07:16 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the biggest beer snob/enthusiast that I know in my social/familial circles. I try probably hundreds of new beers every year and I get something out of almost every variety.

There are a few rules for what I know I don't like:

- Low/mid strength in general, usually comes with cheap mainstream production quality and no/piss flavour.
    - Most mainstream lagers, I know of some exceptions which work, but otherwise it's an "only if I have no choice" deal.
    - Chilli flavoured beers, I enjoy chilli and I enjoy beer, but not together, fucking disgusting. Same also goes for most similar gimmicks.
    - "Engine Oil" stouts, basically stouts 12%+ that are extremely thick and viscous. They're for experiencing, not for regular consumption.
    - Not beer but... as time has passed, I've also come to dislike sweet ciders, instead opting for the dry varieties.

I can't stand it. I've tried over twenty different kinds. Everyone says "You just haven't found a kind you like". No. I don't like it. If you count Mikes Hard Lemonade as a beer (It's a malt beverage), okay, I DO like Black Cherry and Lemonade flavor.

I do absolutely love mixed drinks with flavored whiskey, though. Even if it's at a ratio of 1:1.