Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I could reasonably see a loss that transitions into a Black Empire expansion.
    Or if not a loss, a pyrrhic victory.
    That's potentially exactly what we're getting in Legion, if the wound is the key link to the next 'big bad'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Harrison Jones dies at the end.
    NoOoOooOoOoOOoOoOoO!

Azshara absorbing N'zoth reminds me of Sly Cooper 2.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

When has an Old God actually ever "empowered" someone by a more than marginal amount? Can they even do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    When has an Old God actually ever "empowered" someone by a more than marginal amount? Can they even do that?
    Cho'gall got help from C'thun despite being *dead*. His form got twisted even more and I'd argue he got powerful in the first place.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Logically it would seem like we're getting another scenario where the Black Empire is at large once again. And with N'Zoth essentially being an underwater tentacle monster, I'm not surprised if Kul Tiras and some of the other isles will also play a central role in fighting against the Old Gods' influence from Azeroth. Only thing that's throwing me off is the Lordaeron logo that we saw, which makes me think of a time-travel expansion...

But for what reason would we even have to go back in time? How would that help us in our fight against the Old Gods?
    We have three likely scenarios in this Lordaeron symbol situation. Also remember the symbol was at the esports stage

1.) Its nothing. They removed a ton of other videos as well, maybe they did it just because they did it. Nothing hidden.

2.) Warcraft III remastered (yes it would come before the first two since in a lot of minds it would be the most iconic and easiest to update). Additionally, since its an esports stage maybe Blizzard is having a Warcraft III remastered tournament?

3.) It directly relates to World of Warcrafts next expansion so they pulled it.

Hard to say which one is most likely in my opinion because I think all options are plausible at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how the doc is down atm, I added this strawpoll to my signature.

What would you like the theme of the next expansion to be? (sorry if I missed some concepts)

http://www.strawpoll.me/14282186
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Azshara and the naga. If anything, I'd say she and her people are the only true empowerment and gift. All others(Garrosh and Deathwing, etc) only got a minor dabbling that corrupted them. N'zoth straight up gifted her and her people unimaginable power that created a brand new race and army. That's pretty legit.

Per a Blizzcon panel in 2009: The Old gods magnified Deathwing's strength ten-fold leading up the Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Azshara weaker than Garrosh?
    Well, it depends on our definition of "weaker". I'd back Garrosh in an arm-wrestling competition.

Guessing right is not the same as having insider information.

Protip, guys.
    You might be tempted to think of Blizzcon as three or so days away.
    This is foolish.
    In my world, Blizzcon is 22 work hours away.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Protip, guys.
    This is foolish.
    Oh god here we go again...

Protip, guys.
    This is foolish.
    22 work hours, you are brilliant. That's only 44 30 minute segments of work left!

I can't believe Blizzcon is soooo close! The features trailer is always my favourite part. Especially as we don't have many info yet so we take everything we can from the clips like zones and new models. I remember how excited I was for Cataclysm. I was just a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by IBM View Post
    The thing with Azshara is that she could be whatever they want. If they need her to be an entry lvl boss in the first raid of a N'zoth xpac, they can say her drowning in the WoE and the N'zoth infusion weakened her. If they need her to be an endboss, they can say N'zoth boosted her, and she was KJ/Archi level powerful before that. Hence, she becomes insanely powerful. She is the definition of an unknown commodity. As she's pretty much the only RTS supervillain remaining however, I see her carrying an expansion. We have also been waiting for her for ages, so having her be "mid-tier villain of the day" would be anticlimactic as hell.

Who else is left with her name brand?
    - Wrathion (LOL)
    - Sylvanas (Yes)
    - Bolvar (No)
    - N'zoth (No)
    - Void lords (No)
    - Jaina (maybe, but she isn't a villain just yet)
    That she's a "blank page" makes me a bit nervous. Azshara is for me one of the greatest characters in Warcraft and I really fear what Blizzard is going to do with her and that they can't make her a worthy endboss...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Well....in the Textual Adventure I ended up joining Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart out at sea on his yacht where we do CRAZY Pirate things. So obviously Musical Pirates confirmed for Hearthstone I suppose.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-inf...ts/textual/sea
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Protip, guys.
    This is foolish.
    I think of it as 10% of a month till blizzcon. or 3/7ths of a week.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That she's a "blank page" makes me a bit nervous. Azshara is for me one of the greatest characters in Warcraft and I really fear what Blizzard is going to do with her and that they can't make her a worthy endboss...
    Inb4 killed in a end of zone cinematic or dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Well....in the Textual Adventure I ended up joining Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart out at sea on his yacht where we do CRAZY Pirate things. So obviously Musical Pirates confirmed for Hearthstone I suppose.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-inf...ts/textual/sea
    More like pirate expansion with bards confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Exactly my fears. She has all the material to be a perfect and iconic villain à la Lich King! Yes, I said it. But I'm afraid Blizzard won't realize that and will use her as the Gul'Dan of 8.0...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protip, guys.
    This is foolish.
    Same, though. Next day I'm off is Reveal Day.

I'm actually happy for that because it means the next 3 days will go quick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)