Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Sooo I have to refrain myself from stating facts or something? Or should I add something positive about females so I don't sound sexist to all the people who can't extrapolate?

Saying men have thicker skin is EXACTLY like saying female can give birth. Same fucking thing, a fact of life. 0% sexist, 100% realist.
    So, Mr. Biologist, what is it exactly about male biology that makes men have "thicker skins", thus enabling them to not be offended about male rape? This should be pretty easy to explain from a scientific standpoint since, as you said, it's no different than pointing out that females give birth.

All jokes about any rape are tasteless to low-brow. Very low-brow. Making them with your friends is...acceptable, if painting it a bit poorly to outsiders(I make tasteless jokes sometimes as well, only to my friends who know I'm not serious...I blame Cards against Humanity), but low-brow humor has it's place in sometimes.

What the real...'joke' is, is how a lot of men treat the situations. Male rapes female? Death by Anti-Christ method. Female rapes male? GJ bro, good catch! ...unless the woman is ugly, in which case death by whatever the male equivalent would be. Male rapes male? Weakling! Man up!

That is what I would call toxic 'masculinity'.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-10-31 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Why do you think cards against humanity is so popular?
    It's fun. And it tells you things about yourself and your friends. But it's, again, within your circle of friends. Playing with strangers is just...weird, and sometimes creepy.

Rape jokes are always acceptable, no matter which of the two genders they target.

The more extreme the better. Throw in some pedo/racist/nazi jokes while you're at it aswell.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Doesn't have anything to do with criminals. You find the double standard everywhere. But anyway, how do you think people would react if people knew that when women went to prison there was a high likelihood of them being brutally raped and having their insides ripped apart? Being in prison is the punishment, not rape.

Here's a beautiful example that most people have probably already seen by now.

I like how at 4:34 one of them calls out the double standard and they shut her down. You know for a fact if it was a woman was drugged, tied to a chair, and then mutilated they wouldn't laugh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable?
    Double standards. Although I guess it depends on who you ask.

7+ Year Old Account
    Men can take jokes at their expense, women often can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Well that's incredibly sexist.
    But it's true. Men generally don't throw tantrums over silly jokes, unless they are drunk, narcissistic psychos, or some SJW hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    But it's true. Men generally don't throw tantrums over silly jokes, unless they are drunk, narcissistic psychos, or some SJW hipsters.
    basically half of this forum

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gallows-humor is some despicable shit reserved for people going through a tough patch using it to stay sane. It's not funny and you're nuts if you find it a laughing matter imo. It only makes me wonder what you've been through and experienced to have to resort to that kind of joking.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Because men have thicker skins than women.

Sounds stupid but it's really all it comes down to. It takes more to really get under the skin of a man, so we get the joke before being offended.
    And you are generalizing like a sexist pig.

Rape isnt acceptable be it for men or women.

But you seem like one of those that make rape jokes and think " hey its just a joke"

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    basically half of this forum
    Either you're a "real man" aka. narcissistic/chauvinistic psycho stuck in the last century or a SJW hipster cause no middle ground exists naturally.

Deleted
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable? By jokes I mean mostly in TV/Film, I will try and provide examples. In many movies and TV you may get a scene in a prison where you're presented with one character in prison with another (usually an agressive looking prisoner) giving him the eye and implying impending rape as the gag. Sometimes the gag is the implication that said character was raped and embarrassed about it. Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes
    In Cat in Boots from shrek when they want to imprison the egg or something they say don't drop the soap.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The fuck does that mean?
    Joking about horrible shit humanity can come up with. Take your pick.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable?
    Men can take jokes.

In my opinion there should be very little limit to how far jokes can go (and this limit should be referring to something terrible happened to a specific person without asking his/her permission first). Everybody should be able to enjoy some Jimmy Carr once in a while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzybee View Post
    And you are generalizing like a sexist pig.

Rape isnt acceptable be it for men or women.

But you seem like one of those that make rape jokes and think " hey its just a joke"
    Rape jokes and actual rape are two entirely different things. No true man accepts the latter in any form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Obligatory

But yeah, it's because of the 'got laid culture' as much as I detest calling it that. Only time it's taken seriously is when its gay male rape. Otherwise it's... well see the video above.

Splitting this up in two parts.

Jokes about rape? They can be entertaining, depending on their quality. I'm quite a fan of dark humor.

But, in general, there is a glaring Double-Standard that is very often just ignored - or mocked by feminists, when it's pointed out. Therefore, it's a non-issue for most. It's just men, after all.

Males experience emotion differently than Females do for the most part, which explains why on average they have thicker skins. That's just a generalization though, and individuals always break the mold.

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spr...different.html

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think cards against humanity is so popular?
    Except that's an inference you're drawing from the study that they aren't making. Yes, the brains process things differently, but those don't point to an inherent average of one of them having thinner skin. Often, these differences are marginal in actuality but are overplayed by people to somehow prove the physical differences are larger than they really are.

Hyde observed that across the dozens of studies, consistent with the gender similarities hypothesis, gender differences had either no or a very small effect on most of the psychological variables examined. Only a few main differences appeared: Compared with women, men could throw farther, were more physically aggressive, masturbated more, and held more positive attitudes about sex in uncommitted relationships.

Furthermore, Hyde found that gender differences seem to depend on the context in which they were measured. In studies designed to eliminate gender norms, researchers demonstrated that gender roles and social context strongly determined a person's actions. For example, after participants in one experiment were told that they would not be identified as male or female, nor did they wear any identification, none conformed to stereotypes about their sex when given the chance to be aggressive. In fact, they did the opposite of what would be expected - women were more aggressive and men were more passive.

Finally, Hyde's 2005 report looked into the developmental course of possible gender differences - how any apparent gap may open or close over time. The analysis presented evidence that gender differences fluctuate with age, growing smaller or larger at different times in the life span. This fluctuation indicates again that any differences are not stable.
    Shoot, even Stanford points out that, while there are differences, there are also similarities. They also mention how those differences are most likely due to what they expect out of humor.

After analyzing the data, the researchers found that men and women share much of the same humor-response system; both use to a similar degree the part of the brain responsible for semantic knowledge and juxtaposition and the part involved in language processing. But they also found that some brain regions were activated more in women. These included the left prefrontal cortex, suggesting a greater emphasis on language and executive processing in women, and the nucleus accumbens, or NAcc, which is part of the mesolimbic reward center.

Reiss said he was taken off guard by the NAcc finding. After puzzling over it, he and his colleagues theorized that because the women in this study used more analytical machinery when deciphering humorous material, it signaled that they weren't necessarily expecting the cartoons to be as rewarding as did the men. When a woman's brain encountered the punch line, her reward center lit up. According to Reiss, the activation of this center not only signals the presence of something pleasant, but that the pleasure was unexpected.
    Just because one group finds something funny and the other one doesn't, isn't an indication of there being a genetic difference in one having a "thicker skin" than the other, as what is and isn't considered insulting is more of a cultural construct than a genetic one. You're conflating a cultural value (offensive/inoffensive) and trying to make its cause be about genetics (sexual dimorphism). It's not that women/society has a thinner skin, it's that the values which are used to determine what is/isn't funny and what is/isn't offensive change. Here's a pretty good read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Rape jokes and actual rape are two entirely different things. No true man accepts the latter in any form.
    Well the problem with this statement is A) it's opinionated and B) the definition of rape changes based on where you live, so is inherently flawed.